How many push ups in a row can you do?

Options

Replies

• JCLondonUK
    Options
    If you have a smartphone there is an app called "Runtastic Push Ups" on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runtastic.android.pushup.lite) and I think iPhone, which gives you a program to complete every day towards your goal push ups

Thanks for the tip. I can only do about 8, and those are only girly ones. I'll look for the app. :smile:
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I can do about 20 proper ones in one go. Sometimes I can do more but its a challenge!

I was the only girl in my Body Combat class last night, who could do proper ones! This made me happy
  • nostress123
    Options
    I do about 35-40 in a minute.... I'm military, so I stop at the minute mark, that's our test. That's including pauses where my butt is in the air without putting my knees down
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I just do flat barbell bench press. Five reps is a lot easier and less time consuming than 30-50. Moreover, if your goal is strength instead of endurance you'll eventually move onto free weights.

Now pull ups is a different story.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I get like 3 - and for some reason that hasn't increased since I lost more weight and have been working out.

0 Pull ups :( The day I finally pull off one of those...

tyson-wtf.gif
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    10! And I am proud of that number! It took me over a year of trying to do just one.:drinker:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I just did 6. I'm pretty proud of that, I used to be able to do 15 but I was also 30 lbs lighter than I am now. Being able to do 6 with all this extra weight is damn good.
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    atm 30 in a row, then after a little pause 10 +10 so it sums up to 50...
    it's part of my warmup-routine and I'm working on it to achieve 100 all together
  • Visions1970
    Visions1970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5 x 20 reps. There are a few good push up app challenges and the 100 push ups website.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    74 for a push up competition at work.

I missed by like 2 the winner. not to shabby for a fat chick ;)
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've completed the 100 push up challenge twice. Currently at about 75. Going to start adding 30:1 a couple of times a week. I love push ups!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Between 90 and 110, depending on whether I'm just doing pushups or incorporating them in my aerobic workout. I used to be only to do between 15 and 25 and think I was taught a little secret. Just try to do as many pushups in moderate speed that you can in 2 minutes three times a week. I went from 15 to the most I've ever done, 125 in one setting.
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did 17 today which is a record!! Just thought I would share.
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    25, if i push it 30 ish but i started off at 2 ish which broke a sweat, must've burned at least 10,000 calories the way they felt as well

I wanna be able to do teh Bring Sally Up push up challenge by the end of 2014

Just googled that... awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-l4bZCkAw
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    75 push ups on my toes! Best body weight exercise ever!!!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    0 military style. I've never counted on an incline or my knees. Since starting to work out I've gone from having to have my knees at 90 degrees to 45 degrees. Still working on getting them off the ground.
  • gem192
    gem192 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well... today I downloaded a 0-100 push up trainer for my iPhone. It starts with two sets of five push ups and one set of three - ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER.

My reaction: Hmm, this will probably be too easy, I won't even feel it but I may as well follow the program.

HOWEVER, oh my god. Seriously. I could do the counter push ups no problem, like I thought, but for the rest of the day my arms have been a shaky mess! Who knew how weak I was? Not me!

So... zero proper push ups. But I'm working on it! I want to be strong!
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    80-90 depending on the grader, (Army Physical Fitness Test).

I don't really train push-ups ever.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Seven full push-ups...which isn't a lot, but considering I couldn't do one not long ago, I'm pleased. Thank you, power yoga. All those planks to up-dog are paying off!
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    i can manage six then i need a rest.. better than before when i couldnt even do one! skinny arms :(