To Log or NOT to Log...on Thanksgiving day...

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    To Log or NOT to Log...on Thanksgiving day...

Abso-freaking-lutely. I'm not here to lie to myself.

agreed :)

Doesn't anyone else use stats for reporting?
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Well I logged and even enjoyed alittle of everything including dessert, but by only having one plate full....I went over by 180ish...so that was good I didn't log till I got home though.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.
  • tone10
    Options
    I logged in my stats and I still came in below my calorie count for the day. Ate a yogurt for lunch so I could enjoy my Thanksgiving meal with my family.
  • doramouse
    Options
    Loging - yes! As others have said - I am not here to lie to myself. Not logging the foods and wine I consume does not mean I didn't have them. I am here because I want to make a lifestyle change/choice. Part of that is facing what I eat and drink. I don't look at a holiday or special occasion as an excuse to over eat. Yes, I'll eat a little more today but I'll log it because I want to stay honest with me - that's what I think will bring me to the place, weight, mindset - of where I want to be.
  • Rungirlmba
    Options
    I've worked hard for this cheat day! I didn't log anything. But, I was still conscience about what I put in my mouth lol :huh:
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    no logging for me, i wouldnt even know where to begin :) i ate a lot, but i don't think i went over bored. i drank a lot of water, i didn't have seconds and i couldn't even finish my first plate. my body was in food over load shock i think lol!! then i went on a "post-pig-out-walk" and now, i feel pretty good right now.

back on track tomorrooowwwwwwwww 100%
  • wehauck3
    Options
    Yes. Logging is the only way to track. Even if you have > 3000 calories like I did...the body still must process it and it WILL have an impact on your results. If you are not honest with yourself...then tracking is pointless.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i logged. i went over but like someone else had said we need a cheat day once in awhile. i plan on getting back on track tomorrow
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just logged...WOW, that was a rough one. I probably over estimated a few items, but I figure it makes up for whatever I may have missed from all the grazing. I am not going to let it bother me, I definitely overate. Oh well, I had a great time. Just going to exercise hard tomorrow and get back on the eating right train.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!! :happy:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes. Logging is the only way to track. Even if you have > 3000 calories like I did...the body still must process it and it WILL have an impact on your results. If you are not honest with yourself...then tracking is pointless.

I had less than 3000, my daily goal is 1280 plus exercise cals, but why spend a ton aof time trying to log in special foods, that are probably not in the database, when you could still be talking smack with your family?

Enjoy yourself! Have fun - go back to serious tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • kwebster1956
    kwebster1956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Already logged in, didn't cheat, stayed under my calorie count!!
  • hingebre
    Options
    I don't log daily anymore, but if I did then I would definitely feel comfortable logging today. It really wasn't different from any other day for me. Got my usual work out in this morning, and then it was just like another Sunday dinner - turkey, a few bites of potatoes, and steamed veggies. My fav :)
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I logged as best I could, with over estimations, and I was -41 cal today. That included a 5mi run tho :)
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I logged as a reminder that my lifestyle change is everyday, no matter what day.

And yes, my favorite movie is how the grinch stole Christmas. :laugh:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I logged. Ate and drank everything that was served. I enjoyed it all. There were lots of healthy choices but I also enjoyed the desserts and the wine. I was over almost 400 calories. Could have been worse -- much worse. Logging is important to see where you are having difficulty. I was over in everything BUT sodium! It would have been better if I hadn't eaten both the Apple and the Pumpkin pies! It was a great dinner and I enjoyed every morsel. Back to "normalcy" immediately tomorrow morning!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I logged. Ate and drank everything that was served. I enjoyed it all. There were lots of healthy choices but I also enjoyed the desserts and the wine. I was over almost 400 calories. Could have been worse -- much worse. Logging is important to see where you are having difficulty. I was over in everything BUT sodium! It would have been better if I hadn't eaten both the Apple and the Pumpkin pies! It was a great dinner and I enjoyed every morsel. Back to "normalcy" immediately tomorrow morning!

Love this. I logged too. I was on MFP last year but didn't log... this year, I ate less, and logged it, though still went over (by a lot). Before my meal though, I enjoyed an hour long run and spent two hours cleaning.... the activity makes me feel better about it all. Surprisingly, I kept the wine in check this time. :) It was the pie, the pie, and oh, the pie that got me. :wink: Back to it tomorrow!
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    Didn't log on TG, but this morning I'm back on track and logging everything. I don't think I did too bad yesterday, no pie or cake, but maybe enjoyed the pumpkin spice bread a bit too much. : )
  • biguglymouth76
    Options
    I went over by like 1,700 calories, I feel so fat today
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I didn't do as bad as I expected - but I did log and track to the best of my estimating ability. Even the wine. And cheesecake (a sliver). I guess portion control is what kept me in check. I ate a little bit of a lot of things I like.