Olympic Ski Team Diet

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    that's only 28 eggs a week.

That's not that many if you are an egg eater.

I was eating upwards of 10 or 12 a day at one point.

It's fine. You won't die.

That being said that looks like WAY to much variety for your average person to handle as far as cooking meals every day. Bulk cook- measure it out- and eat it through the week.

Seems most people suffer with meals because they aren't prepared for the week- and cooking daily is a huge pain- so the fall back is fast food.

I don't like any diet that is a 2 week kick starter and is super restrictive- it just seems like a set up for failing.

Take some concepts and apply it- eat at a deficit and go from there.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    That's allot of eggs. I wonder what the cholesterol levels of the ski team members are?

Most likely just fine since science has come to realize that the cholesterol in foods has little to no impact on the blood serum levels of an individual.
  • lbrees0314
    lbrees0314 Posts: 1 Member
    I am already on medication for high cholesterol....is there something I can substitute the eggs for? I would like to try this, but there's just way too many eggs for me. Any suggestions?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Is this serious?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    lbrees0314 wrote: »
    I am already on medication for high cholesterol....is there something I can substitute the eggs for? I would like to try this, but there's just way too many eggs for me. Any suggestions?

Eat any food you like and can eat, log it in your food diary here on MFP, hit the calorie goal MFP gave you.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    jasmith085 wrote: »
    This sounds very similar to Lyle Mcdonalds Rapid Fat Loss diet although his has a heck of a lot more scientific evidence to back it up. It is a modified PSMF diet that is meant to be over a short period of time depending on your starting weight and to spare as much muscle as possible while ensuring only losing fat and water. I did this, it was great, mentally tough but rewarding and you get refeeds and the science behind it makes sense- PSMF has been around for awhile in many shapes and forms. The only thing about weight gain from either I'd say is that it's generally water and with this diet I'd be concerned about losing muscle. What people (and MFP) think is the recommended protein is quite paltry to what you really need and especially what you need when cutting cals so low to maintain your lean mass.

This is nothing like RFL. Have you read the book?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nothing like resurrecting a 6+ year old thread that hasn't had a response in 3 years to start a Monday morning after DST...

This is just a high protein, low carb diet. It was making the rounds in another thread about a month ago as the "boiled egg diet".

Following a diet meant to cause a lot of weight loss in a short time (with a lot of water weight loss) to make weight is a great way to achieve long lasting weight loss and learn long term diet habits.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I think this might win the prize for oldest necro thread to get bumped this year...
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member

Even though this is a zombie thread...

This sounds like torture and any diet that is for "rapid weight loss" is only going to be followed by gain. Set a reasonable calorie deficit (0.5-2 pounds per week). Weigh your food. Move more. Have patience.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    There's no way this could ever work.

Needs apple cider vinegar.

Plus a detox regiment.

I mean, holy necrothread
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I would be one big fart with all those eggs.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    edited March 2017

I suggest you forget this silly, silly diet. Any diet that needs to invent a name and pretend its associated to something it isn't to gain legitimacy should be avoided like the plague.
  • betsydeal
    betsydeal Posts: 1 Member
    I was on this "Olympic" diet back in the 70s after my first son was born. I rapidly lost the weight I wanted, so it worked for me. Now, 40 some years later, I decided to try it again. This is my 4th day (only can be on two weeks) and I've lost 8 pounds. It does work and I don't feel hungry. Luckily I like all the foods on the menu.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Never done this one, but I'll tell you a top secret, miracle diet that my guru told me about that has worked wonders for not only me, but millions of other people.

1. Set a reasonable, moderate caloric deficit. (approximately 250 calories less than what you should be eating per day, while burning approximately 250 calories as well)
    2. Weigh your food, and keep track of how much you are eating with a good, digital food scale.
    3. Choose a form of exercise that you enjoy and do it for 30 to 60 minutes a day, at least 3-5 times a week.

We're trying to get Dr. Ox** on board to support and promote it. *fingers crossed*
    Give it a try for a few months and let us know how it works!

**Dr. Ox is Dr. Oz's less successful, much more sensible brother.

I'm on the Dr. Ox diet too!!! so excited to find someone else following this plan, I don't meet many others!!

My only worry is - I exercise daily, will this be harmful or adversely affect me following this plan?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Necro Thread Alert!