How much do you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    In an average week, 4 hours of pole dancing, plus about an hour and a half of exercise DVDs at home on the weekends.

Sometimes a bit more or a bit less.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    In an average week, 4 hours of pole dancing, plus about an hour and a half of exercise DVDs at home on the weekends.

I would love to try pole dancing but I'm scared I'd make a fool of myself!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I work shifts and long days so i can't exercise every day. I have a desk job so sit on my backside 10 - 12 hours a day. I do around an hour on my days off so maybe 3 times a week. If i have an early finish i try to do maybe 20 - 30 mins on an evening.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do 30 minutes, 5 days a week. I typically go about 30-45 minutes doing Zumba, or circuits Monday-Friday. I don't plan on working out on the weekends, but more often than not I end up walking or biking. I just don't like to assume it's going to happen.

I've lost 62 lbs going about it like that, but it's the caloric deficit that's doing it for me, not the workouts. They just put me in more of a deficit than I have just by eating less. However, the strength training I've incorporated in has been a wonder for toning as I lose.

I'm not using the MFP method, so I don't eat back my exercise calories. The workout is something I do because I like it and it's beneficial, not because I NEED it to lose weight.

Edit: I also work a desk job but I try to walk around while on the phone and use an exercise ball as much as possible instead of just sitting in a regular chair. I'm also in the process of turning my desk into a stand-up desk so I can stand all day. But my motivation behind that is still just because it's beneficial to sit less, not because of the few extra calories it burns.
  • arielgrange9
    arielgrange9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a blown knee so on a week that is doesn't flare up on me I'll do 7 workouts, I do mix them up but my usual week consists of:
    Arms & shoulders. Free weights, machine, TRX and ground work.
    Legs & *kitten*. Lungs, squats, step-ups, stairs and kicks.
    Abs & back. Machine for back, then anywhere from 200-300 different variations of crunches or ab workouts.
    30 mins on the Bowflex Treadclimber atleast 2 x per week
    5 minutes on treadmill before each workout to get the heart rate up
    I do a Zumba workout (or 2) for fun 3-5 times a week
    I swim but not as regularly as I'd like, I try to swim once a week.
    On the side I snowshoe, hike, walk my dogs daily, ride my horse a few times a week, I'm usually on the move through the day.

I found that the FitBit bracelet helped me get back into working out because I set a goal for each day and at the end of the day if I hadn't reached that goal I would make myself reach it before I went to bed. I also chose a date in 14 weeks that I need to loose my weight for, I'm aiming for 2lbs per week to start, and the end date really keeps me motivated!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. Monday, 45-60 minutes of legs only. Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday is an hour of weights and 30 minutes of controlled cardio. Wednesday and/or Friday is 45 minutes of cardio only. Sunday (and sometimes Friday) is my rest day.
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do weights on MWF, then Iry to run on the weekends. I am considering throwing a Cross Fit class on Monday and Wednesday evenings
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Life has been getting in the way of it, but I'm easing into training for a triathlon, so -

three times a week - weight lifting (stronglifts)
    three time a week - running, one short run (5k), one long run(10 - 12k), one interval run (8k)
    twice a week - spinning (to become cycling once the weather improves a little)
    twice a week - swimming (intervals as I work my distance back up)

I don't want to think about how much time that adds up to, to be honest.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3 times a week for about 40-50 minutes.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 right now, modifying the schedule as need be but definitely doing each of the 6 workouts each week. I usually try to spread them over 5 days, & add in an extra workout (usually pilates, now I'm trying JM Body Revolution) most of those days for a total of ~5 hours/week.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I love working out and it's my hobby. I usually workout 7-12 hours per week but in the summer, when I am going on day long hikes, it can be more. I do heavy weights (2x per week), Crossfit (3-4 x per week), yoga (2-3x per week), swimming (2x per week), hiking, some running/walking, occasional cross country skiing, and occasional pole dance. Since many of my workouts are not on machines, they don't feel like workouts.

However, when I started I was 230+ pounds and very out of shape. I did finish 30 day shred and that got me up and running. What I found worked for me at that time was doing the 30 day shred 4-5 days per week and walking for a half an hour most days of the week either outside, on a treadmill or with Leslie Sansone videos.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

I would love to try pole dancing but I'm scared I'd make a fool of myself!

Me too
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My routine has changed over the past few years quite a bit but somehow it always lands on about 7-9 hours per week when I'm in a good spot. It started out with boot camp + body weight class + martial arts + yoga at one gym that offered all of them. These days it's 4 days per week of running, 3 days per week of martial arts, but overlapping so I get 2 days per week of rest, per my running training plan.
  • brianlowell
    brianlowell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    At the moment this is how my schedule goes, but I change it every now and then to fit my needs, and to confuse/shock my body.

Monday: Legs
    Tuesday: Chest + Tris
    Wednesday: Back + Bis + Shoulders
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Light Chest + Tris
    Sunday: Light Back + Bis + Shoulders
    * All days include cardio (15-20 minutes at the moment)
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on elliptical I do the Cardio mode on it and on some days I switch it up so I won't get bored...I switch it with treadmill 1 min run 1.5 min rest.

I know that feeling to because at night I feel like I could squeeze something in...and I DO! Lol. I do strength training at that time. A lot of weight lifting, pushup, squats...

and on days that I don't have time to go to the gym at work I stay home and do t25 or insanity.

I have lost a steady weight of 1-2 lbs a week.

I sometimes eat back my calories but if I am not hungry I don't.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week doing exclusively CrossFit. Certain weeks are more exhausting than others and those are the weeks where I give myself an extra rest day. Total hours are 5-6 hours a week and that is more than enough for me to reach my weight loss goals.

There is no need to spend an hour on a treadmill or elliptical and then go on to weights or nautilus machines. It is a waste of time and is not helping anyone!

High intensity interval training is where it's at!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    40 - 45 minutes a day Monday -Friday...weekends depend on how much free time I have...I do also throw in a couple extra bike rides of 30 minutes throughout the week.
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough. I'm a work in progress but I'll get better about it.

Currently I'm really inconsistent but I aim for 40 minutes 3x a week at the gym. I also try to hit my daily fitbit goal of 10k steps, some days I hit 20k, some days I barely manage 4k. The joys of a desk job, I guess. On top of that, I try to get out and ride my horse two-three days a week. Sadly, she's at the trainers right now, so my exercise is pretty lacking at the moment. :(
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I lift 3-4x/week for an hour each session, and do cardio 1-2x/week.