I've lost my mojo!

Options
I've not run in a week and I can't even tell you why. For 3 months I've been getting up at 5am for a run 3 x a week (sometimes 4) and progressing really well, now up to 4 miles and I really enjoy it. But this week I just have no motivation to go out at all. How do I get it back!?

Replies

• Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    To me it's like you've hit the wall. It happens to all of us I hit mine at about 4 months I took a week off now I'm back to normal. I recommend taking a break for about a week it worked for me.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've lost my mojo too :sad:. If anyone finds it, please notify me.

lazy-cat-3-o.gif

lazy-cat-on-a-treadmill-o.gif

you-are-so-lazy.gif
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A lot of runners training for races plan a rest week. They will do walking, biking, or elliptical. Maybe your legs needed a rest week? :) When I don't have motivation, I just go through the motions. Sure, you don't want your workouts to be just going through the motions. But sometimes you have to do that to get past the slumps where you just aren't motivated. Maybe you need to switch things up. You could be bored with running.
  • davidsonl13
    Options
    I think your right, trying to revise for exams on Monday is taking over my life, so I'm going to not plan a run til Tuesday and see how I go from there.

I've also just enquired about a gym membership which will help as the weather is so naff right now it's not enticing me to go out.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well this will be a "do as I say, not as I do" comment, as I have also been struggling to do the things that were becoming second nature to me. :)

It's like anything else that you enjoy but is hard work/takes time you don't have. If you skip it once, it's not a huge deal. If you skip it twice...meh. Skip it three times and you're in trouble. You can take a break, as Broderick50 suggested, but decide now how long that break will be. And when the day comes to get started, get started. I'm guessing once you start to feel your muscles stretch and burn, you'll wonder why you ever stopped. :)
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Zealous, pretty disturbing videos, you posted.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bear down, bite the bullet, get out there and run. Perseverance is the fundamental element of success. You know you can do it because you have once before, so quit talking yourself out of it. Go do it again.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    you might be lacking energy due to overexercising and weight loss dieting it affects your mind as well as your body.get some energy food to get back on track
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The first two aren't bad; don't like the third one.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Remember why you started and where you want to be...... Remember the feeling of being overweight and channel it to PUSH yourself to do it anyway..... I dragged to the gym this morning, didn't want to go, but I went anyway... JUST DO IT!!!!!...
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Time to shake it up and do something new. You'll get back to running when your something new gets old.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

Disturbing? How?
  • davidsonl13
    Options
    Right it's decided, going for a run on Sunday. No excuses.
  • LordManybeers
    Options
    I must admit I laughed at them. My cat would likely do the same, he'd almost certainly work out how to make me do all the work if I tried to take him for a walk on a lead.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    I must admit I laughed at them. My cat would likely do the same, he'd almost certainly work out how to make me do all the work if I tried to take him for a walk on a lead.

I think some people might A) not have cats or B) lack a sense of humor. I'm thinking the latter.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps if it becomes more like brushing your teeth. Don't think about it, just get up and do it. Another thing that always helps me is if I have a goal like a race coming up. Sign up for a 5K in a month or two and go for it. :-)
  • biggsterjackster
    Options

I think some people might A) not have cats or B) lack a sense of humor. I'm thinking the latter.

I did have cats and a sense of humor. But what exactly is funny about the videos? Especially the last one??????????
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

I did have cats and a sense of humor. But what exactly is funny about the videos? Especially the last one??????????

It's a cat harnas.. The cat obviousely isn't planning on walking along the leash. Seriously? You find that disturbing? Please don't venture on YouTube..

Oh, and I used by cat as a Swiffer yesterday since he was just laying around. I bet you find that very disturbing!
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Switch it up! Run a different route...somewhere you never ran before. Or run your route in reverse of how you normally do. Get music or put new music on your mp3. Try a running training program that has you running different distances each day or has you doing speed drills. Try anything but what you have been doing. I find i forget to switch up my run and all of a sudden I don't feel like going because its soooo damn boring. Switch it up!
  • biggsterjackster
    Options

It's a cat harnas.. The cat obviousely isn't planning on walking along the leash. Seriously? You find that disturbing? Please don't venture on YouTube..

Oh, and I used by cat as a Swiffer yesterday since he was just laying around. I bet you find that very disturbing!

The cat is not planning on walking along the leash and you used your cat as a Swiffer. LMAO. Changed my mind. This is soooooo funny.