What was your best purchase for fitness goals?

Options

Replies

• crushinpussy
    Options
    Hands down digital food scale. You simply can not be accurate eyeballing serving sizes. Part of my life now
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Pedometer, motivates me to get the stairs rather than a lift and stuff like that :)
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My FL. Seriously.

While I didn't bribe or buy all of them, they have done more to motivate me than any other single thing in my life. I have a gym membership and I like that, I have ok shoes and they are swell too, though I covet an awesome pair like Amber has, but those things pale in comparison to reading what my friends do on a daily basis. They are, by far, the best thing I've done to move towards reaching my fitness goals.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    just before christmas this guy was saleing insanity, T25 and P90X all for 170 i'm doing insanity now. so i save alot of cash
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    running shoes:)
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    P90X (Along with pull-up bar and dumbbells)
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    At the beginning i'd say my Wii Fit. I actually purchased it years ago when it was first out but it helped me get moving more when i began losing weight 2 years ago. My exercise bike and cross trainer also.

Then my HRM, food scale and now fitbit.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    In order, my top 5 are

1. Gym membership (for lifting heavy weights)
    2. Food scale
    3. Vibrams
    4. Versa Grips
    5. My cell phone (for food tracking on the go and work out tracking)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Cold weather running gear.
  • Gilllyn
    Gilllyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A good mantra cost nothing, best said while you are exercising/walking/working out in time to the words.
    Repeat after me - my pre-christmas mantra, "little black dress, little black dress, little black dress"
    A pre-summer one might be "Bi-ki-ni, Bi-ki-ni" or "swim-suit, Swim-suit, Swim-suit" all said in time to your exercises.
    Hope this helps to keep you motivated.
    Gill
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Digital food scale!
    Fitbit Flex!
    A proper pair of running shoes!
    Body measuring tape!
    And cute gym t-shirts!! I have two!! One says Strong is the new skinny and the other one says Run. It's cheaper than therapy.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Good running shoes and a supportive sports bra.
    ^These. Already used a digital food scale, and have borrowed some weights.
  • SaraJRosburg
    SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I didn't even think about my HRM. I forget how much I rely on it until the other day I went to the gym and it literally broke as I was walking in. Not cool. I just ordered a new one.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    HRM. I was WAY overestimating the calories burned per workout prior to getting my Polar.
  • lizafava2
    Options
    My treadmill, hands down. I bought a cheapie four years ago off CL just to make sure I would use it. I did, and ran it into the ground. Last fall I bought a new, nicer one and love it. With my crazy job and my kids I just wouldn't get my runs in almost every day if it meant going outside in sub zero temps or driving to the gym and putting my kids in kid-care for an hour. I LOVE running on the TM at home. I can wear whatever I want (last night this was a sports bra, compression shorts, grandpa sweater and wool hat) and watch whatever I want without worrying about what other folks might think. Plus, my kids are right there.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Garmin running watch and my kayanos!!!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A 70lb MMA heavy bag and hot pink boxing gloves :) After I spent the money on those, I decided not to let them go to waste. Great cardio and WONDERFUL way to expel some pent up aggression.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Barbells, dumbbells, weights, protein powder.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hrm
    workout gloves
    year of bootcamps
    comfortable seat and water bottle holder for my bike
  • marianne369
    marianne369 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HRM followed closely by food scale.