Down 40 lbs....60 more to go. (pics)

Options
Well as of yesterday I am officially down 40 lbs.
I was on a plateau for 3 weeks, with the scale not moving, but it finally did.

I work out 5-6 times a week, doing various things from Zumba (at home with the Wii), to running (training for a 10km) to doing the elliptical at the gym. I also do 3 days of strength training at the gym.

I am usually pretty good at sticking to my calorie goal (currently 1400), some days I go over, but not too much (unless I am having a cheat day).
I don't eat clean, I eat what I want, I measure and weigh everything...most importantly I don't DEPRIVE myself.

This time I am not on a diet, I have just changed the way I eat. I feel better, more active and LOVE that my clothes are starting to fall off....lol....almost time for new clothes :)

Starting weight 263

a65f3b6e-3510-4736-bde0-9e0fb1d22b49_zps4e08c8a5.jpg

f4da6752-7296-4093-b317-37b1152cbbc9_zps0a5407c1.jpg

currently at 223
Feb7144640x480_zpsd767192b.jpg

Feb7146640x480_zps6d4fd1ab.jpg

.....work in progress......but on the right track. Not sure if you can see much of a difference but I sure feel a difference.

Feel free to add pictures or your success story!!!

Replies

• meganlr_
    meganlr_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great! Love seeing this, you're an inspiration!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! We are all of us, for as long as we live, "a work in progress". What kind of work and progress to what makes all the difference.

I have pretty much the same philosophy as you - learning moderation, but not depriving myself, and I am happy to see it is working so well for you. You have come such a long way.

Wishing you all the best on your journey through weight loss - and life!
  • trcydonnelly
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep going and keep us posted! I am trying to lose about 30-40 pounds total and this first 10 pounds is proving to be the hardest! The scale has not moved in two weeks but I have lost 3 inches so I keep pushing. Thank you so much for sharing pictures and your stories, I love seeing people like you stand up and do this and motivate the rest of us.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing progress!! You look great :)
  • BeautyNovice
    BeautyNovice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The difference is really noticeable. Congrats on you progress! Thanks for sharing!!
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and can definitely tell, you must be so pleased :) keep up the good work!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! That is wonderful!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! awesome job, can't wait to see more progress pics along your journey!
  • sinclair_xx
    Options
    You look great! Well done! That is not easy. You, by the way, are already past the difficult stage...sorting out your diet and doing exercising like that AND losing that amount of weight...now its just watching each week as you get smaller and smaller. How exciting is that??! I applaud you, keep going ! :)
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good job! You can see the difference .Congrats and keep up the good work.
  • princesslucylou86
    Options
    Well done...im pretty new to this so this gives me inspiration! x
  • bren3j
    Options
    I sure can see a difference! Good for you!!! Keep going! You look GREAT!!!:smile:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I love the bright yellow! Keep it up, you'll be at your goal in no time! :flowerforyou:
  • vbichette
    vbichette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I definitely see a difference. Keep up the good work !!
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Very nice progress
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So proud and happy for you! I want to lose around 100 lbs too! please, be my friend :D
  • FINDAWGELF
    Options
    Good job. Keep it up!!
  • snwills32
    Options
    I can definitely tell the difference! Great job & keep up the fabulous work! <3
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I wish you continued success in reaching your goals.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    Outstanding! I am just beginning. Keep up the great work. Look forward to seeing more photos.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!