How did you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Great! I burned almost 500 calories cooking for 3 hours and didn't overeat. In fact, I weighed in this morning and found I had lost 1.3 pounds over the last three days!
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Couldn't find half of the things we had in the database, so I just quick added calories. 900 for lunch, 1000 for dinner, and I still only "went over" by 18 cal. I did a little over an hour and a half of cardio yesterday morning and for breakfast had a granola bar. I'm also a bit sick with a throat infection, so that stopped me from eating too much, ha. Also, about 5 liters of water because everything was full of sodium. Lost a pound when I weighed this morning. So, all in all, I think I did fairly well. We'll see how the rest of this weekend goes. I brought home only a bit of leftovers, mainly for my husband. I ate my share for breakfast, so the rest of the day is back to normal.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh Gosh. I ate and ate and ate. :) But, it's okay. I wasn't able to eat anything for the previous 3 days because of tummy issues. During that time I weighed 196, but this morning I weighed 198. It's a 2 pounds gain from earlier this week... and yet a 1 pound loss from last week's weight. Lol. Today is a new day anyways, and I started it out with some cardio kickboxing.
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    I wasn't able to exercise, but was very concious of what I put on my plate...hard to do...my daughters husband , Jeff, did a fab job on the turkey....mmmm....daughter did a fantastic job on pies....oooosooooo good...they both put on a perfect spread.....enjoyed being with the family..grandsons are getting big....so.. I only put on 4 oz. so off to the gym later this p.m.. the big kids are keeping me on the straight and narrow...love them
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    3000 net calories over. I am firmly convinced all Holiday calories go straight to my toes.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Pretty well! Burned a lot of calories with an am run plus had burned a lot of calories the night before as protection. Went over by an estimated 300 cals- but not too shabby all things considered. Only up .8 on the scale and considering the sodium in stuffing and green bean caserole I count that as a MAJOR VICTORY! Plus I have very minimal soreness from my run which is AWESOME! Mkaes me look forward to my gym visit this evening!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I was about 1, 400 calories over. Not too bad, considering I tried to load up on healthier options and took smaller portions of the ones I knew were unhealthy. I did splurge on the mashed potatos, stuffing, gravy, and pumpkin pie.... which are my holiday favorites. I'm getting ready to do a workout before my fiance gets home to try to burn some of it off. I've went back to eating healthy today.

I'm proud of this mindset because I used to give up after a set back like this. I'm glad to see I'm starting to change focus.

Shannon
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I enjoyed the bounty and don't feel to bad about that. I only had one plate of food, ate what I wanted, and ate 2 cookies for dessert. Jogged 3 miles and spent a few hrs cooking and cleaning. It's a new journey, in my life, and I am not going to beat myselp up because I ate broccoli casserole, love that stuff, but only eat it at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I enjoyed it. But you know what I enjoyed more? The time with my family! I sent the extra pies home with other people, and only brought home some turkey. Exercise a few minutes longer the next few days, should undo any damage I might have caused, and if it doesn't I'll just keep at it. To me it's a lifestyle change, so I don't deprive myself, I just eat smaller portions and exercise more.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i have no idea, honestly. I ate at a family members house and didn't want to ask NI for everything offered. I enjoyed myself, ate a little bit of everything that interested me.

I'm not weighing in until my weigh in date, Monday. I figure what's done is done. i'm back to working out and eating right. one day is a blip.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good. I even got up this morning and went to the gym and got my 5K done.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well.... I stopped counting my calories after lunch bc I was getting bummed (1 sorry piece of apple pie has HOW MANY calories?!?!?!) and have never counted my calories on thanksgiving before but was up to 136.6 from 134.9 as Friday am is my weigh in day. I left out 1/3 of a baked sweet potato, 1 small slice of turkey, 1 scoop of stuffing, succotash, green bean casserole, and a glass of chardonnay. So yeah....that's probably 1200 ish calories right there. However I will note that I ran yesterday and did the elliptical today. So instead of getting depressed and falling off the wagon I am going to be happy I made my workout goals this week and maybe not weigh in until 3 weeks when I am due for measurements again. I don't want to be THAT crazy lady who is so focused on the weight I can't enjoy my life. And yes, the sorry piece of apple pie and rum whipped cream was WORTH EVERY CALORIE :)
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I definately relaxed and ate what I wanted . I drank double my water so I was fuller quicker. Im learning how to live healthier so I enjoyed my day and now back to my routine
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    We went to my husbands brothers house to have thanksgiving. I hate a small plate and just had pumpkin pie. When we went back home to eat with my family I only had a piece of patato cake with some wine and that was it. All in all I did great usually I eat three whole plates hahahaha.
  • Sherelly
    Options
    Eeeeeee!!!! I had no plans and it worked out great. I went to 3 different houses, I made sure to have pie at each place. I was out all day and night. It was perverted and delightful. All 4,000,000 calories went directly to my quality of life. :smokin: :drinker:
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    I didn't count yesterday. But I ate only one smallish plate with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole and some turkey meatballs. Small portions of each. No desserts and no seconds. Did manage tonpolish off a bottle of wine :)
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Started the day out good; two nutrigrain eggo waffles w/spray butter for breakfast, chicken noodle soup for lunch................. then way too much at dinner add a piece of apple pie, then 3am black friday breakfast at IHOP... gained 2 pounds. I will try to do better at Christmas.