Quick Lime Cilantro Chicken

Options

Replies

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Baking can take longer than I usually have time for (not out of work til 5:30 + 45m commute home = I'd like to eat before 7p, urgh), but low & slow is definitely a snazzy way to go!

That's always my question, though - I cook almost exclusively with olive oil (butter for sauteeing mushrooms, though, and saved bacon fat for leeks, num!), but while I may put 2TB in the pan, I don't feel like I'm actually ingesting it once the food comes out.. Should I just halve whatever I use for sauteeing when I put it into the recipe calculation?

This is perhaps best suited elsewhere, so mods feel free to move. :)
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Looks delich!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the yumminess
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    How are you getting the nutrition numbers? When cooking with olive oil, are you not supposed to count it?

When I pop the ingredients into the recipe database, I get:

(I don't know how to attach a pic, so I just c/p the text)

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 3 breast, bone and skin removed 779 0 9 163 460 0
    Limes - Raw, 3 fruit (2" dia) 60 21 0 1 4 3
    Garlic - Raw, 5 clove 22 5 0 1 3 0
    Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon 239 0 27 0 1 0

Total: 1,100 26 36 165 468 3
    Per Serving: 367 9 12 55 156 1

How big are the chicken breasts you're using? Should be medium, 190g/ea
    You only need ateaspoon of olive oil and there will probably be some left over that you don't eat.
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You are eating some of it...some of what is left in the pan is juices from the chicken (read fat and water) and some of the olive oil is now on the outside of the chicken. Especially when you deglaze the pan as the recipe indicates you are pouring that oil off on to the chicken. I'd think it's best to err on the side of adding the full amount used to the recipe.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Baking can take longer than I usually have time for (not out of work til 5:30 + 45m commute home = I'd like to eat before 7p, urgh), but low & slow is definitely a snazzy way to go!

That's always my question, though - I cook almost exclusively with olive oil (butter for sauteeing mushrooms, though, and saved bacon fat for leeks, num!), but while I may put 2TB in the pan, I don't feel like I'm actually ingesting it once the food comes out.. Should I just halve whatever I use for sauteeing when I put it into the recipe calculation?

This is perhaps best suited elsewhere, so mods feel free to move. :)

If you want to get technical, you can weigh the amount of olive oil that is left in the pan and subtract it from the total amount in the recipe.

I will say this though, there is WAY more than 2 tablespoons of OO in the pan that made this particular picture.

Always count oil that you cook with in your diary. The food does soak up a good bit of the oil and is what gives it such yummy flavor.

This recipe could be used in the crockpot to omit the oil.
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I read quick lime as quicklime. :sick:
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing
  • Binouchette
    Binouchette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!!
  • keithstroman
    Options
    going to have to try this
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bump...yum
  • GodincreasesIdecrease
    Options
    Looking for an easy chicken recipe with these exact thing! Thanks :)
  • becky2t
    becky2t Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump for my feed. Looks Yummy!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    buuuuuuuuuummmmmp
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Looks awful darned good! Just added a few limes to my grocery list. Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou: