Shoe size drop too after weight loss

Options
Anyone experience his/her shoe size change after losing weight. I bought a shoe for my baby's christening, and I just decided to wear the shoe today and it is loose on my feet, I have to get a new pair cos this is a heel and I can't wear it like that. Anyone else xperience this?

Replies

• jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yep, 2nd thing - first was losing the "girls"
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Anyone experience his/her shoe size change after losing weight. I bought a shoe for my baby's christening, and I just decided to wear the shoe today and it is loose on my feet, I have to get a new pair cos this is a heel and I can't wear it like that. Anyone else xperience this?

Man I hope this is true. I had a great shoe collection before I got pregnant. I want to be able to wear them again.
  • anotherkatie16
    anotherkatie16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I upped my cardio and started running, my feet shrank a whole size. Opinions from my personal trainer and my doctor are that my arches started responding to the extra work and the muscles of my feet tightened them up, shortening my foot--and it's stayed that way. I don't know if you're talking about losing width in your foot (which might be the same kind of deal, or it might be fat loss) or length, but either way, yeah--it was a big surprise and more than a little funny when it happened!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When I dropped a lot of weight, the only shoes that still fit were those that laced up (b/c I could cinch 'em tighter). It really bummed me out.
    If your current heels are only slightly too loose, you could add some gel inserts designed for women's shoes ("Dr. Scholl's for Her" makes several types, including some that don't show even in heels or strappy sandals). The inserts will fill up some of the excess volume you now have in your shoes... Just a thought in the event that you were really hoping to wear those particular heels!
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    wow..thanks y'all for ur imputs
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yep! Was an 8.5-9 at 240lbs, went down to about an 8-8.5 in the 210s, now that I'm hovering in the low 190s I'm finding the 8s are getting too loose and recently had to exchange a pair of heels I bought in an 8 for a 7.5... I hadn't really thought about it until the size 7.5 thing, but I'm seeing a lot of difference in my hands from almost 50 lbs ago so why not my feet, too?
  • cdlmaw1
    cdlmaw1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Before I gained this weight I was a size 6 and I'm now an 8. Since I'm way too old to still be growing,
    I'm guessing it should work both ways. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I heard it can happen, it didn't happen to me though.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    No change with me yet. I no longer look for wide width those which is nice
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's true! I used to be size 16 feet, now size 14 :)
    Congrats! A true sign of success :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yep, I dropped 1 full shoe size.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have went down two shoe sizes.

You, also, lose weight in your wrists/hands. I noticed this when the gloves I wore on our trip to Michigan last year did not fit me this year when we went back.
  • Shonjikari
    Options
    Oh noooo I already have tiny feet and can never find shoes lol. I'm a size 3/4 in men's, which doesn't exist outside of children's stores. In women's i'm a 5.5/6.

How much weight was lost before the shoe sizes dropped? D:
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Oh noooo I already have tiny feet and can never find shoes lol. I'm a size 3/4 in men's, which doesn't exist outside of children's stores. In women's i'm a 5.5/6.

How much weight was lost before the shoe sizes dropped? D:

Before I lost my 94 pounds, I wore a mens/boys 6 but it was purely for the width, the length was too long. Now, I wear mens/boys 4. Womens shoes are still too narrow for my feet. I'm not sure when my feet really changed sizes since for the first 4 months I was wearing snow boots. By that summer I had to get some new ones.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I must be the odd one. I've gained a shoe size, going from a 9 to a 10...
  • mandygivens
    mandygivens Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My feet also got smaller. I wear an 11/12 in women's and when I dropped my weight I fit into 11's better. It wasn't a drastic change for me but a slight one and my shoes just felt more comfortable. My ring size on the other hand went from an 8 1/2 to a 7! I finally broke down and sized down my ring when I was in a grocery store and my wedding and engagement rings both flew off my hand and almost rolled under the produce cooler. Close call...
  • Heathr_WhoLuvzDave
    Options
    I'm thick in the waist, so I remember complaining to my friends (after I lost about 40 lb) that I had only dropped one size in shoes & had to buy smaller bras. At 51 lbs gone now, the pant size has finally got smaller too lol
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for my shoe size to drop! I'm a size 9/10 (still kind big .-.) but at this weight I can barely fit into a 10.5.

Edit - wrote fight instead of fit
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, after losing 100 pounds, I was down a whole shoe size.