I BLEW IT :(

Options
I've been giving EVERYTHING I HAVE inside me to the point where I've become a robot on my " diet " and whenever it seems I get close to a mini goal I mess it right up. Tomorrow night is a big night for me, something I've been looking forward to. New outfit
purchased and what did I do tonight after I had already eaten my daily food ... I went to the grocery store and bought a toblerone bar and sat in the parking lot and ate the WHOLE thing. Then, I proceeded to Wendy's and bought a burger, fries and pop. I came home and munched on pretzels and cookies .. NICE !
I guess some demons never go away, no matter HOW hard we think we have them tied up.

I failed myself today, big time.

I'm so close to being under that 200 lb mark and now bloated and sick feeling .. with an added muffin top over my hot new jeans. Brutal. Disappointment at it's greatest right now :(

Thanks for listening *hugs*

Replies

• carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Don't ever forget that! Treat yourself well each and every day. When you have a bad day remember that tomorrow is full of new possibilities. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP! Start tomorrow with a clean slate and treat yourself well!!!

~C
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hun I also struggle with this exact problem every single day. All you can do is give it everything you have, and pick yourself back up and get back on the horse every time you slip and fall. *hugs*
    Tomorrow is a new day! Chug the water & you'll be fine :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that :( I think most of us have been there before at least once. For me it's just like the cartoons with the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. The good thing is that you recognize it and can now take steps to mitigate it. Walk a lap around the neighborhood every night for a few days and lay off a snack a couple of times to counteract the calories to you took in this evening and it'll all even out in the end. Hang in there!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Remember... it's okay. We all fall off the wagon occasionally. I don't know why we self-sabotage, but we do. The biggest thing is not to dwell on it, or beat ourselves up. We just get back on the horse tomorrow. I've had those days. I've stopped punishing myself. I just get back on the horse and keep going. You can do this!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. Losing the weight doesn't reprogram the head. It takes a lot of self-love. (and not that kind- crawl out of the gutter.)

We're all here for you. You got this. Let tonight go. Have a good cry over it or whatever you have to do and then let it go. This one instance does NOT undo everything. We all F up. That said, fresh start tomorrow this is a life time of change take it easy on yourself. (It may be why you ran out and ate all that crap- have you been REALLY strict with yourself lately?)

Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think this journey is 80% MENTAL. You have to figure out why you are hiding behind your size. What are the reasons you sabotage yourself? Is it fear of change? Fear of being more attractive? Fear of losing the armor that often is our bigger bodies? A deep seeded belief that you are somehow not "good enough" or don't deserve to reach your goals? Whatever the reason(s) it needs to be addressed before any real lasting change can be made. Otherwise you will only find yourself sabotaging your own efforts over and over again.

Start a journal and/or talk to someone that you love and trust about what you are going through on the INSIDE. Only when we've worked on what's going on above the shoulders can we really change what's going on below the shoulders.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I take weekends off. I don't go to the gym, I don't worry too much about my calories or the foods I eat. This should be a lifestyle change, not a means to quick weight loss. If you eat healthy 90% of the time being relaxed the rest of the time is just fine. Having a candy bar or fast food once a week won't harm your long term goals and will help keep you sane.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over this. Everyone has done this at least once. If your the type that completely cuts things out of their diet that they love then they are more likely to over do it. My recomendation is to give in just a little once in a while.

I love chips, and cookies, so I only eat them sparingly and savor the taste when I do eat them. I also tell myself that if I want it I have to work it off doing stuff around the house or go for a walk.
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much
    EVERYONE of you
    You have NO idea how much it means to me this very second to have your words, your care, your support
    This is SO hard :(
    I KNEW it wouldn't be worth it .. I KNEW this would happen
    I KNEW I would feel absolutely gross and sick
    Why do we DO this ????
    I will be okay tomorrow
    Tonight, I just want to cry.
    I send you all hugs
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I have a really bad habit of eating when no one is looking. In the car or in the kitchen in the corner or in the middle of the night. It's a habit I tried really hard to break-BUT now that I've quit smoking it seems to be coming back around.
  • fitnessfitz
    fitnessfitz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there. All the things you say--I have felt before! It's alright. Just re-set your goals in your head and add a little bit more challenge to amp it up. You Can Do It! ... I was feeling that muffintop myself this week...haha... but it WILL go away :) Happy Holidays!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Hang in there ur human u know ur error so just get back on the wagon and steer it in the right direction. We r here for u and we wont judge we have all been there at one point or another.
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just know you aren't alone. Man oh man, that was me the other night. I had already eaten dinner, went out to the mall to do some shopping - bought a bunch of new tops and BAM! Hit the food court on the way home. It happens! Drink lots of water (if you can - I know what it's like to be uber-full) and get back on track tomorrow :)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Self sabatoge keeps us in our comfort zones - change, even positive change - is scary with alot of unknowns attached. What is familiar is safe, even when it's not because we know what to expect.

Perhaps try looking at what it is about your efforts that could be frightening or uncomfortable for you and address that. Doing so might help mitigate future self destructive behaviors more effectively.

But no matter what - don't give up. That's the most important thing.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I agree with one of the posters who mentioned this being mental, losing weight and getting healthy is a huge mental adjustment. You didn't fail yourself at all, you did what a lot of people do. Pick yourself up and start fresh tomorrow - no sense crying over an eaten candy bar. :flowerforyou:
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way today, blew it big time. I am just planning on starting over in the morning. Thats all we can do is just keep trying. Cheer up.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    It happens to some of us as well. Just move forward, keep excercising and counting your cals. You will be ok. :)
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    don't you even fret hun, one day isn't going to blow all your hard work. it's a new start, if it makes you feel any better i ate crappily today AND yesterday. just stay motivated. you can do this! :)
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's all about continuing on and everyone on this website knows it. The trouble with weight is that society hasn't accepted fat people. So we hide and eat when no one else is around, try to to go the gym when everyone else isn't there and do everything in away that hides ourselves from everyone else. Live it up! Eat that toblerone and Wendy's and then for the next week, own up to the fact that you ate like crap and keep on trekking. There is nothing to be gained by getting down on yourself and everything to be gained by keeping ya head up.

I realized that I:
    Try to run when there's less foot and vehicle traffic
    Try to go to the gym when there's no one around
    Sneak snack when everyone goes to sleep
    Workout less when they're fitter people around

None of these activites are helping me so I've been working on saying screw it to everyone else and focusing on becoing the best me that I can be.

Weight loss is about lifestyle changes not dieting and working out and if anyone thinks I'm not going to have Wendy's or a toblerone for the rest of my life then they're out of their minds.

Stay beautiful, stay healthy and keep on moving forward.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    One time like that wont send you back nearly so much as you might fear. Sure, you might feel and be bloated for a day or two but don't beat yourself up too much. Just continue like before and let it be only one time.