FAGE - A Love Affair

I think I may have started an expensive love affair. Let me explain.

I'm a Chobani eater. I love the protein. I love the smooth creaminess. I love how I can have greek yogurt for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In a smoothie. Post-workout, pre-workout. It is the perfect food.

But recently I noticed that Chobani did something I wasn't so happy with. They reduced the single cup serving size from 6 oz to 5.3 oz, while maintaining the same price. I was not happy. I felt betrayed.

So while I was perusing the aisle of my local Weis for yummy treats, when I came to the dairy aisle, I was in a bit of a pickle. The Fage was 10 for 10. The Chobani was the regular price, but that 5.3 oz label was staring at menacingly. Should I try the Fage? Should I turn my back on Chobani? In the end, I compromised, taking one single serve of Fage and my usual Chobani suspects (raspberry mmmmmm).

So this morning for Breakfast, I decided to try the Fage. Let's start with the packaging. A lovely 6 oz, unlike Fage's competitor Chobani. And then I notice something fascinating on the package: "Pronounced: Fa-yeh!" My God, I've been PRONOUNCING IT WRONG MY WHOLE LIFE. Thank you, Fage, for educating me.

Then I open the package. To my delight, the packagers have taken the time to place a little piece of parchment paper on the top of the yogurt. This means no icky liquid that I need to stir in! Thanks Fage! The aroma hits me next. It is tangy and yogurty. My mouth begins to water. I weigh my walnuts. I weigh my blackberries. And I scoop the yogurt into the bowl. It is light and airy looking, yet still creamy. I top with honey.

The taste is amazing. Creamy and smooth. Tangy but not sour. Delectable with fresh fruit and nuts. (Breakfast today: 363 calories, 26 g of protein).

So long Chobani. It has been nice knowing you. Thank you for introducing me to the world of Greek Yogurt. But I've grown up now, and its time move on.

Fage, this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Replies

• whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    This post made me so happy :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I eat fage with a tbsp of honey every day :smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    IN
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    It's okay to love your yogurt but not to LOVE your yogurt
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I only use Fage.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    One of my favorites but I also purchase the Chobani once in a while.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    I find the fat free version awful and wouldn't touch it with my wellies on!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    lol. I felt the exact same way when I switched from Chobani to Fage.

Fage>Chobani
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    FAGE all the way for me, and I got in on a 10 for 10 deal this week, too. There were only 7 plain left, so I tried some fruit. The best fruited yogurt I have ever had!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    This is what I have to use....
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

:tongue:
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

They have a Greek yogurt line now? I'm super impressed!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

Squirt some GV honey in that, and it's awesome! #brokepeoplegourmetnutrition
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

Thanks for sticking with me in the face of this awful yogurt shaming!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I, too, was an avid Chobani fan until I returned from Greece 126 days ago. While there I was served some of this delightful yogurt. I haven't looked back and couldn't be happier.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    this is great!!!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    I LOVE FAGE! Fage all the way for me! :love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    l5Z6Zw

#BrokePeopleNutrition

Thanks for sticking with me in the face of this awful yogurt shaming!

Well, I buy Fage, but I also buy Body Fortress protein powder. So there's that.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    I approve of this post
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    *JUST* finished eating Fage plain 0% with microwaved frozen blueberries & ground flaxseed

It is awesome.

The love affair I have though is with noosa. Indulgent, not "diet" but seriously prefer it to cheesecake. If you haven't tried it, you must. Again it's not something to have every morning (at least not for me) but it's the greatest tasting food ever.
  • aclockworkblonde
    aclockworkblonde Posts: 21 Member
    I always used to hate yogurt, the texture and the taste. I also avoided it because some of them have so much sugar in such small portions! Then I discovered Greek yogurt. I go back and forth between Chobani and Fage and honestly I don't care much for the taste of it plain but I get creative. Sometimes I mix in a little apple sauce or peanut butter or protein powder and it is so filling and delicious!

Fage convert.