How long will it you take you to reach your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• kend61
    kend61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I was definitely obese. I started Jan 6 2013 and I'm really hoping to be at goal weight of 210 by end of July 2014. The 210 by generalize standards still have me overweight by 30 lbs due to my height . But I have the frame to carry more and I have no intention of being a stick guy. By reaching goal in July it will keep me at about 10 lb per month loss, hoping that's not to quick and ii can keep it off.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Probably 18 mos to 2 yrs. Started as morbidly obese and now in the lower end of Obese Class 1. My weight loss is slow and steady continuing to eat right and exercise daily
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If I keep working hard I should be there by my birthday (march 28th)! 9 more pounds to go! :D
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I anticipate mine will be anywhere from one to two years, lots to lose, and it's best to take it slow which I think would be worth it. I definitely wish some days that it wouldn't take so long, but I don't think I'd be as happy with the end results if I were to lose too quickly (More likely to have excess skin, gain weight back etc.) so I'll take the longer road!
  • shoc369
    Options
    SW: 221.5 lbs
    CW: 211 lbs
    GW: 117 lbs

I started on January 13, 2014 and am anticipating it will take me 10-14 months to reach my goal! :)
  • AriDublyu
    Options
    1 year to lose 30 pounds. Plateaued for a while, now on the road to losing another 10 pounds in 6 - 9 months.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started out with a BMI of 41.3 and my BMI is currently 35. I figure it will take me at least until 2015 (likely the end) to reach my goal weight, which will put me at a healthy BMI of 23.6.
  • paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have 4lbs to go! Started losing in September. Aiming for 1lb a week now, so hopefully next month. I was and still am a healthy BMI, but I ended up gaining a lot first year of uni. Proud to say I've lost that and a lil more.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think 16-22 months
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started at 194 a few months ago. I'm now at 170, which is still considered obese (31.0) but I have about 6 more pounds to go until I'm officially out of the obese range! I want to get to about 135 for now to be considered healthy by BMI, but I ultimately want to get to about 115 as my ultimate goal weight. To get to 135, I think it could take maybe 6 months or so. I'm more concerned about BF% though than anything.
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping half a year to reach my goal size. Don't care for weight though. I am caring more for inches. :3 Getting ripped on the other hand, might take a year.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Another 12 weeks or so if I'm really diligent. 16-20 weeks if not. The weight is not my goal though, it's improving my run, swim and bike times by September 21st (my first Half Ironman). To get there, I have to fuel considerably as there will be weeks when I burn 5,000+ calories (about 2 and a half days worth of food when not training). Given that it's taken me 2 years to get this point, I'm happy to get there regardless.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 65 and 60 kgs. They're both healthy BMI's but they're not very low, around 23.8-22
    My ideal weight would be around 58 kgs (BMI 21) but I don't plan in going that far honestly. If I can re-define my shape (especially on my bottom) 65 looks like a good weight also. I still have to lose 2 kgs to get there so it would probably take a couple of weeks or so, but since I don't see a huge difference coming from such a small weightloss I'll probably just lose a few other kgs until my clothes keep fitting. Then I'll stop and just focus on toning up. I don't know how long will it take to lose the last kgs but it should take less than a few months, depending if I increase my calories soon. I don't really have a plan at the moment I'll just see how it goes.
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 154lbs (healthy bmi) im currently at 205lbs (obese bmi) im going to be taking my time and hoping i reach my goal by Christmas this year.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    as long as it needs to?
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think I'll be dead and decaying in my grave. At some point - EUREKA! - I'll be at goal. Then I'm going to come up out of my grave and zombie around.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 50 or so very quickly, but recently I've slowed almost to a stop. I take thyroid replacement hormone and I think the local weather has been SO severe that my blood chemistry may be a little off right now.

Fortunately, I still feel so much better on my NO grain, NO dairy, NO sweeteners, and NO salt food plan that I have no interest in adding processed, refined foods back in.

My original goal was to lose 90 pounds in a year, and now it doesn't matter to me whether I meet the goal in a year or not.

I know without question that I WILL meet my goal!
  • RachelBec
    RachelBec Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping half a year to reach my goal size. Don't care for weight though. I am caring more for inches. :3 Getting ripped on the other hand, might take a year.

These are my goals as well.
  • arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am 50 years old,, 5'5" and started at 181 pounds my BMI was 30.1 obese for my size.my normal weight range says 111-150lbs. In September I had an emergency appendix surgery and after surgery I weighed myself and lost 10 pounds bringing me to 171. Bringing me to super overweight range of 28.5 BMI. That 10 pound weight loss made me realize how out of shape and unhealthy I was. I then joined Gold's Gym in October 2013. My weigh in with them was 170 pounds. Today I weigh 162 (BMI 27 - still overweight). Since joining Gold's Gym I only lost 8 more pounds... it is coming off so slow. However, I admit I must be more consistent in the gym. There for a while I was only going once a week and kinda watching my weight... I noticed I am beginning to make a bit more traction by journaling what I eat.

Sad thing is back in 2006 (the date my profile pic was taken), I weighed 133 pounds and had just won the Body-for-Life contest at work. Too bad I didn't use those skills to stay skinny. Maintenance was a problem for me. I hope this time around I can stick to it. So I guess what I am saying it is about a lifestyle change that when once we reach our goal, we are done - we will need to work at this the rest of our lives through maintenance and continue with our workouts, weigh ins, watching portions (calories) and try to get as much nutrition in us as possible.

My goal weight is between 125 and 130 pounds (I want to have a bit of fun!) Good luck to everyone!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hopefully till summer! My weight goes down veeery slowly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!