I ate too much. How long will it take to recover.

So today I ate breakfast and snack normally but...

I had 1 pizza
1 low fat small packet crisps
1 Sprite
A little ice cream.

How long will it take to get these out from my system?
Will it affect my weight loss alot?
Will I lose a lot less this week?

I am losing about 0.5-1kg a week and coming close to my goal of 70 kg.

When I reach my goal weight, is it ok to eat something bad 1-2 times a week?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Depends on your goals and everything.. nobody here can tell you how your body is going to react..
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    You may notice a bit of water weight gain and bloat for a couple of days, but I would hardly call what you ate excessive.

Don't obsess. Fat loss can easily be achieved while still eating the so called "junk" from time to time. If you maintain a reasonable deficit 80% of the time, the remaining 20% won't matter.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Don't sweat it. If you want to, cut 100 or so calories from a few days to help compensate. It'll balance out your weekly total. It's not neccessary, though. One bad day didn't make you gain the weight you're trying to lose, so you didn't exactly sabotage your efforts.
  • Yeah that makes sense. I have days when I eat heavier like last night. I will just eat lighter today and exercise longer today.
  • You may see increased weight at your weekly weigh in depending when it is, but it is just water from a bit of excess sodium. By your next weigh in you will prob be right on track.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    You should start by learning that foods are not good or bad, and that eating should not be associated with emotions like fear and guilt. Ultimately food is fuel for your body, a source of nutrition, and once those needs are taken care of, the rest of your calories can consist of treats that you eat purely for the sake of enjoyment.

So yes you can eat treats and stay within your calorie goal. Many of the successful people here eat ice cream or other treats on a daily basis or several times a week. Definitely figure out how to fit the things you love into your lifestyle, because the only real success is the one that's worth actually achieving and keeping. :wink:
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    All I can say is to look at your averages over the week, adjust what you eat over the weekend, and as long as everything averages to approximately your goal, count it as a decent week. You will probably not see a huge change in your loss. We all have pizza and ice cream days, so there is no reason to feel bad about it.

If it doesn't average out to about your goal, or if your weight doesn't change the way you wanted, then make note of that. Start the next week off with the reminder to yourself that 1 slice of pizza is a better fit to your goals than an entire pizza pie. Again, there is no reason to feel bad about it, just adjust and move on.

I know, sometimes easier said than done, but it is a healthy mentality that gets lots of people here to their goals.

Cheers.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    On slip-up is no big deal. Don't sweat it, it's not that serious.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    I'm a self proclaimed MFP forum expert and by my calculations it is going to take 62.57 hours
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    one day of eating too much will hardly make any difference at all to your weight loss. Just don't overeat too often.

You don't need to "work it out of your system" - it's not bad food that you ate. If you ate too many calories, then your body's going to take a little bit longer to burn them off, that's all. If you're eating at a deficit the rest of the time your body will burn the excess calories in a day or so and be back to burning body fat again (so long as you are continuing to eat at a deficit)

Just get back on with the eating and exercise plan and don't stress about it.

If unplanned overeating is a regular occurrence, the usual reason for that is being too strict in the first place, either eating too few calories so you end up really hungry and prone to unplanned snacking or even binge eating... or depriving yourself of food that you really want, so after a while it gets too much and you cave in............ the solution is to ensure your calorie goal is high enough to give your body enough nutrition plus the flexibility to eat all the foods you enjoy, while still having enough of a deficit for slow and steady fat loss, and to make room for all the foods you want to eat in moderation. Aim to get enough protein, a few servings of fresh fruit/veg each day, foods that have essential fatty acids too, and the rest can be whatever you fancy so long as you stick to your calorie goal. Making dieting too hard is the main cause of failure to stick with the diet long term.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    The 3 minutes it took you to write this post. Learn from it, realize everyday will not be perfect and move on! You are here so you must be doing something right! :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    If someone regularly stuffed their face with ****...but once per week they ate some broccoli and went for a run...would that make them super fit and healthy?

Do a bit of research on how the human body actually works. There are no good foods or bad foods...there is just food...overwhelmingly your diet should be nutrient dense, but you don't get extra credit for more broccoli. I ate ice cream regularly while I was losing, as well as pizza and still do maintaining these last 9 months....it's all about balance, moderation, and portion control. The sooner you figure that out, the more success you will have and the more likely it will be that you will thrive in maintenance.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    I read this as I stuff my face with oreos so I'm not one to judge. :tongue: Life happens, food happens, just move on from it. Go for a walk or do a workout if you're that upset about it. But if you're restricting foods that you like on your diet then you're more likely to overeat or binge when you do finally get your hands on those foods.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    I'm a self proclaimed MFP forum expert and by my calculations it is going to take 62.57 hours

As a fellow self-proclaimed forum expert, I disagree. My calculations say 55.34 hours, if you do a little exercise and have a sticky cream egg to cleanse the system.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member

As a fellow self-proclaimed forum expert, I disagree. My calculations say 55.34 hours, if you do a little exercise and have a sticky cream egg to cleanse the system.

You are mistaken madam. Only with the aid of an Organic Asparagus juice cleanse can anyone rid their body of the contaminated foods in that short of time.