What a great body is anyway!

Options
usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
As a Marine and a competitive bodybuilder all of my friends were shocked by the last guy I dated. He was overweight and had shaggy hair. He didn't lift and didn't shave. I was head over heels for him. We had some amazing chemistry and I could/did talk to him for hours on end without running out of things to say.

Of course when we first meet people there are factors that determine immediate attraction. It isn't until weeks or months later that we find out what they are really like inside (except when you get to read what they say on discussion boards... :wink: ). What are some physical characteristics you notice when first meeting someone? Any that tend to draw you to someone immediately?

I notice lips/mouth. :blushing:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lovely post!

I notice someone trying to better themselves, as everyone should, as there's always room for improvement.
    Everything else, a plus.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Lovely post!

I notice someone trying to better themselves, as everyone should, as there's always room for improvement.
    Everything else, a plus.

When I get to know someone that's one of the qualities I look for. Someone who strives to be better.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Smile and sense of humor. And hair is preferred :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Lovely post!

Everything else, a plus.

When I get to know someone that's one of the qualities I look for. Someone who strives to be better.

Definitely an ideal quality!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Smile and sense of humor. And hair is preferred :wink:

I think someone's smile says a lot about them.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Well.. no one can quite figure out my man and I.

I like lips and eyes.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I like lips and eyes.

It's funny how people see couples together and judge by appearance only. "Oh, well those two don't look like they should be together." I've never understood that. Yeah, physical attraction usually leads to conversation, but you don't marry people on looks alone.
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    How they conduct themselves. Confident but not cocky. Humble but not weak. #1 though is they have to make me laugh.

Physically, I'm a shoulders, arms, and back girl and lets not forget the eyes and the smile. - I noticed all this about my man from across a huge room. He still stops my heart from across the room.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I like eyes that look kind and like he has a sense of humor. I also like to look at his hands, although I can't say what exactly I'm looking for.

Personality traits I notice-- I'm turned on by a tendency to joke and laugh, and turned off by a tendency to interrupt.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I like smart-assed, dark-haired women with tattoos and a stupid amount of muscle. I married a sweet, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, goody-two-shoes, girly girl with a body similar to Christina Hendricks. I love everything about her.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I like smart-assed, dark-haired women with tattoos and a stupid amount of muscle. I married a sweet, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, goody-two-shoes, girly girl with a body similar to Christina Hendricks. I love everything about her.

I love this post!

We can definitely be attracted to one thing and marry someone very different.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    1.jpg
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Lovely post!

Everything else, a plus.

Definitely an ideal quality!
    so, do you all write people off who are quietly and simply happy in their current state, and don't feel the need to actively change?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    My husband is a foot taller than me and over 100 lbs heavier. We look odd together, or so people say.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    He still stops my heart from across the room.
    my man does this to me. we're still relatively new together, so it's not too surprising - but i foresee this being something that happens for years to come.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Kind smile and eyes plus strong arms.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I like my men tall with dark hair and eyes. The ability to grow good looking scruff is a must. I do usually trend towards thin and pale but that's more a side effect of the personality/hobbies I enjoy (gaming tends to lead to sun deprivation) than an attraction thing.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Lips, eyes, broad shoulders.
    Must not have baby face.
    Must look at me like he's a fat kid and i'm his favorite dessert.
  • Overcomer68
    Overcomer68 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I like lips and eyes.

It's funny how people see couples together and judge by appearance only. "Oh, well those two don't look like they should be together." I've never understood that. Yeah, physical attraction usually leads to conversation, but you don't marry people on looks alone.

I agree.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    How lovely.

Eyes, they way they smell, whether or not they make me laugh. Oddly, they also have to be someone I respect. My ex totally won me over when we went to a date at an arcade (also a sucker for anyone who likes to play around like a child). He won some candy and gave it to a kid. I was thoroughly charmed.

Too bad he gave the kid sugar toxinz though. :laugh: