Eating 4100 calories a day

Options

Replies

• ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2500 a day ...plus water consumption of course ....:)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I have to do this to LOSE weight. I know this is a gaining weight topic but I couldn't help myself... LOL

FYI I managed to hit 4k+ intake by eating a serving of almonds every hour. I would have regular meals, but no matter if I was hungry or not, I would eat those almonds. They are pretty easy to squeeze in, small volume with a decent caloric punch.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake factory?
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... Even though you are burning the calories, does eating fried food and the like effect your cholesterol levels or does the exercise take care of that too?

Exercise will not "take care of that too" if you eat it exclusively. Cholesterol and triglycerides will skyrocket if you eat deep fried foods 24-7 for extended periods of time. If you are bulking, you'll stop eating this way after a period of time so it'll work itself out eventually but I think it's better to train your stomach up on wholesome foods rather than eat fried all the time.

I'm a fat woman but I once got paired with a lean cyclist for a project in a health course. We had to get our levels checked. He biked routinely 15-20 miles a day (at least), but ate fast food almost exclusively. I was more sedentary, but ate more natural foods, salads, greens and cheeses, etc. His triglycerides were almost 3x's mine. He was dumbfounded, he assumed that because I weighed over 2x him that I would automatically have worse numbers, but he was wrong!
  • Craiger888
    Options
    Im 41 years old, 6'1" hovering around 200-204. I was 130 pounds when I started 12 years ago. Im maintain a 3500 calorie a day diet but often go over 4000 because Im very active with a high metabolism(women hate me for that lol). I take a mass gainer shake half mid morning and half evening. It definitely helps with my caloric intake. Keep pushin... u wanna get big you gotta eat big.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    ^^Nice... I wish I could eat with you... I know you would be always up for a meal or a buffet...
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Oh, gee, I wish I had that problem...!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... Even though you are burning the calories, does eating fried food and the like effect your cholesterol levels or does the exercise take care of that too?

Exercise will not "take care of that too" if you eat it exclusively. Cholesterol and triglycerides will skyrocket if you eat deep fried foods 24-7 for extended periods of time. If you are bulking, you'll stop eating this way after a period of time so it'll work itself out eventually but I think it's better to train your stomach up on wholesome foods rather than eat fried all the time.

I'm a fat woman but I once got paired with a lean cyclist for a project in a health course. We had to get our levels checked. He biked routinely 15-20 miles a day (at least), but ate fast food almost exclusively. I was more sedentary, but ate more natural foods, salads, greens and cheeses, etc. His triglycerides were almost 3x's mine. He was dumbfounded, he assumed that because I weighed over 2x him that I would automatically have worse numbers, but he was wrong!
    I thought triglycerides aren't stored and they are used as an energy source... high cholesterol foods like eggs have proven not to increase cholesterol in the body... I'm not advocating high fat diets, but I eat 4 eggs a day which puts me over on my cholesterol... pretty healthy. I think what you really meant to talk about are trans fats... those are no good.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant?
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Poor baby. No sympathy whatsoever, what are you eating, 4100 cals of lettuce?? And why so much, massive aerobics?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I read that Olympians eat up to 5000 a day during training. Go you!!
    Phelps eats 12,000 a day when training, and elite cyclist do 8-10K. That's a lot of damn food.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Yeah I'm teasing OP, but really 4100 is not much if you are a big guy, and you are taller than me by your profile. Maybe you are trying to eat "clean raw" foods? Then that can be hard. If not, just add things in like burgers, pizza, avacados, chocolate, nutella, fried fish and chips, indian curries, indian buffet, and you'll have problems staying under 4100 probably, and have a damn good time eating. :) I'm jealous, I don't get to eat so much usually, maybe one day/week since I'm losing.
  • _xsomedayx_
    Options
    This is what we need Olive Garden for.
  • _xsomedayx_
    Options
    I read that Olympians eat up to 5000 a day during training. Go you!!
    Phelps eats 12,000 a day when training, and elite cyclist do 8-10K. That's a lot of damn food.

D=
    .....................wow.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Poor baby. No sympathy whatsoever, what are you eating, 4100 cals of lettuce?? And why so much, massive aerobics?
    "Massive aerobics" made me picture this, thanks.
    TommyBoy_082Pyxurz.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Isn't that just one dominoes pizza and a couple of protein shakes? Easy.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    500+ calories of beer a day helps.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Jealous
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My husband struggles with this as well, eating between 4000-4500 calories a day. He works 10 hours and day and then is at the gym with hard heavy lifting for 2 hours. He has that magical ridiculous fast metabolism too. I do what I can to help him buy stocking up on protein bars and trail mix for him to snack on .

He eats all the fast food he like and I'm all like "uh, I can have ketchup" ... lol.

(seriously though) The trail mix works wonder for upping that calorie intake.