Reaction to the biggest loser??

Options
1235»

Replies

• dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So many threads about this topic...my question remains where in the world did all her excess skin go?

At her age, the skin actually can be firmed up amazingly with exercise. I am sure she did a lot of training with weights and firmed up quite a bit of the skin.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I think she looked terribly thin but I suspect it was the fierce competition she was up against. Most of the former winners gained about 15 to 20 lbs after the finale and I suspect Rachel will too. Heck 105 for 5'5 at her age really isn't that much underweight. Most of my friend at that age weighed about 115.....or 110.

I can't believe people are calling her anorexic...It's NUTS.

PS this is the first F3 where all 3 lost more than 50% of their body weight.

Nuts is right.

People magazine talked to some former contestants and thinks everyone is nuts as well.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20785178,00.html

Having slept with a 40 year old woman (who is now 56 and laying next to me in bed) who has maintained a weight of 115-117 all these years I can literally say - no way that Rachel looks 40. ;-) Been there, done that...
  • gen2014
    Options
    When I was watching her come out my jaw just dropped in disbelief, not in a good way though like every other finale episode. My first thought was she looks sick. And by sick I mean unhealthy, she looked gaunt. She is only 24 years old I believe and her face skin was so wrinkly from being so hollowed out. I had DVR'd mine so I was like a day behind, I immediately typed her name into google and was relieved when it came up with "too skinny" not that I like the word skinny but unhealthy. Maybe she isn't unhealthy, I'm sure she's probably healthier than I am, but I'm not on a show about health and weight loss as an example to millions of people. Hopefully she is ok and that isn't an indication of a big problem but I personally found it disturbing for the first time in my many years of watching the show, I'm always rooting for a dramatic change but not like that.
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Honestly? For $250k I would probably figure out a way to make it work for me.
  • JulieMorelli
    Options
    I'll admit it - I watched the 1st episode and last nights finale. The reason, I don't like all the cry baby **** in between. What do I think about the outcome...

She did the work, lost the weight and won. It was a competition - she was the better competitor - end of story.
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not the only one who HATES all the blubbering! I really do despise that. I'd never make it on the show simply due to the fact that when they asked my what the REAL reason was that I had gotten fat, I would just tell the truth : Because I lost controll of my eating habits, period. No, not because of some traumatic occurence when I was a child, yada yada, just simply because I ate to much and didn't move enough. Doesn't mean my life has been all roses, not even close. But all this emotional "blame" has gotten to the beyond ridiculous point.

And as for Rachel, if she wants to look old and gaunt while she is young (which she STILL is),
    more power to her. I couldn't care less.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    And as for Rachel, if she wants to look old and gaunt while she is young (which she STILL is), more power to her. I couldn't care less.

???

gaunt
    gônt/
    adjective
    adjective: gaunt; comparative adjective: gaunter; superlative adjective: gauntest

(of a person) lean and haggard, esp. because of suffering, hunger, or age.
    synonyms: haggard, drawn, thin, lean, skinny, spindly, spare, bony, angular, rawboned, pinched, hollow-cheeked, scrawny, scraggy, as thin as a rail, cadaverous, skeletal, emaciated, skin-and-bones.

Gaunt...

12423582465_8f01c09e2e.jpg
    gaunt

Gaunt (R.I.P. Steve Jobs)...

12423582755_10457c6349.jpg
    1292724i

Young, fresh, a winner, and a world ahead of her...

12424073784_f1f29f8676.jpg
    NUP_161935_2945.JPG

So she looks 40?

Hmmm...well, here's a 40 year old that we all know and love. Gweneth Paltrow photographed at age 40. How many would like to like 40? ;-)

12423789735_6e03c6a75d_z.jpg
    by
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that people who say other people are "too thin" should not get bent out of shape if someone says you are "too fat".

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that people who say other people are "too thin" should not get bent out of shape if someone says you are "too fat".

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone told me I was too fat, I'd tell them to get their head checked.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    Many have been saying similar things about the ripped Kelly Ripa ever since she dropped weight after having her kids.

She is a very similar weight to Rachel.

12459563093_312a054639_z.jpg

Now that Rachel has pushed the envelope and won the prize, it will be interesting to see what the show does in the future.

Top 10 Reasons why the BMI is Bogus....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439
  • ItsANewLifeForMe
    Options
    Honestly, she's a swimmer. She wants to go back into the Olympics. Swimmers are really thin and tone.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Time will tell
  • hulket
    hulket Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It was a competition to win $250K - good for her, she kicked *kitten*. As long as she is healthy and happy, none of us should judge and bring her down for something she obviously worked really hard at. That's just not cool.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!