Fitbit sync and aesthetics questions

Options
Hello all,
Newbie here! Two questions:
-Does the Fitbit sync with Myfitnesspal and what are the benefits of doing this?
-This is kind of off-the-wall but I'd like to find a way to embellish my Fitbit to make it more attractive/suitable for work, etc.
I read in one post that someone had put stick-on sequins or something on it but now that I've joined I can no longer find that post.
I like to wear mine all the time - wet or dry, and wondering if anyone has had any luck decorating ( with paint of stick-ons) their fitbit and having it hold up well?
Thanks.

Replies

• TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It does sync with myfitnesspal. It generally is reliable but sometimes it can go haywire. The benefit is that you will get credit for your day to day moving if you tend to move around a lot. I usually get 100-300 more calories via fitbit due to walking a lot or, in the winter, shoveling snow.

I have a one and I hide it in a pocket so I can't advise on decorating it, but I think spiked grommets are in order.
  • ChiDiva
    ChiDiva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TAsunder, I just got a fitbit zip myself, and I have connected the apps, but I don't see any calorie updates for yesterday (it's a few minutes after midnight here in Chicago). How does that work? WIll it show up at some point?

And Holly, I bet superglue would work pretty well with sequins on any Fitbit that you have. Or, if you're trying to hide it, I suggest slipping it on your bra and adjusting until you can't see it. I'm doing that with my zip, and for the most part, it's pretty invisible.
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Flex is coming out with some new colors and some designer straps. I read it recently on their website.

Here is link. https://www.fitbit.com/flex#tory-burch
  • DanniSweeting
    Options
    I've found Fitbit synces really well with MFP. The only reason I use MFP to log food is because it's database is made up of member contributions and it's international. Fitbit's food database is for the US only. If you live outside of there you can't accurately log food.
  • s_masters20
    Options
    I have a fitbit and l like having it synced because it makes my calorie adjustment on MFP more accurate. Sometimes MFP can over adjust the calories burned for my exercise and the fitbit helps make adjustments to even that all out. I like to log on here vs. fitbit because I find the format a bit more inclusive and easy to use. Just remember that exercise and food must be logged on MFP and not the other way around. I don't know about decorating it. I just slip mine in my pocket or on my bra and off I go. It usually isn't placed somewhere visible to others.
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if the FitBit is user friendly and is it easy to sync with MFP? I'm new to MFP and I just ordered my FitBit (it will be here on Wednesday) and I'm wondering if it is a simple process to sync the two? I'm excited to use the product but fearful because I'm not tech savvy...praying it is easy for this old dog to do and understand without much frustration.