Wearing Bras Too Much (Ladies)

Options

Replies

• MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, like so many others echo, I was taught by my mom not to wear a bra to bed. I wear an underwire bra. I really hate wireless bras. I only like shelf bras in camisoles. I will wear a camisole to bed sometimes with pajamas. But if I lay down and realize I have an underwire bra on, I will get out of bed to take it off.

My sister told me that once she got pregnant and started having children she felt like she needed a bra all the time, but she wears softer wireless bras to bed. So, do whatever you're comfortble with.

I'd think if you're in a hot or humid climate, let your skin have some air and don't coop yourself up in a bra when you're already bundled in sheets and blankets. But, it really depends on your comfort level. If your breasts bother you when they're not in a bra, find a comfortable set of bras or camis for night wear. Treat it just like it's part of your pajamas and move on.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    On topic, I was always advised bras/sports crops to bed are fine, as long as they are not underwire. At my size (14F AUS, no idea what that translates to) I need an underwire during the day for support, but if you wear them 24/7 they can actually compress on your glands and cause things like inflamation or, if you have ever had a milk supply, blocking of the milk ducts and mastitis.

When I was pregnant I was advised to forego underwires the whole time I was pregnant and nursing for the same reason.

I also hate wearing underwires to bed because being the size I am, my breasts tend to make the wires dig in under my arm. It's not due to being the wrong size, it's just not designed to work so well sideways
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts, but here's my experience...

I have very large breasts DD cup. I used to wear a bra all the time, and there was no way I could exercise without one. I stopped wearing a bra all the time about a year ago, when I started to work from home. I only wear them now for business meetings etc where I need them to sit up and not draw attention. As a result my breasts are so much firmer, and have a lot more elasticity. My husband told me the other day that he noticed them getting firmer and more muscular because they weren't as soft to lay on anymore.

I've also noticed I don't get pain during exercise anymore, and don't even notice that I'm not wearing one anymore when I go to exercise. Before the pain would be to great as well as the wild ride the girls would take in the process.

It's not for everyone, but in my experience, it's the best thing I have done. For me no bra = perkier boobs even at a natural DD cup!
  • BreatheAshley
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts, but here's my experience...

I have very large breasts DD cup. I used to wear a bra all the time, and there was no way I could exercise without one. I stopped wearing a bra all the time about a year ago, when I started to work from home. I only wear them now for business meetings etc where I need them to sit up and not draw attention. As a result my breasts are so much firmer, and have a lot more elasticity. My husband told me the other day that he noticed them getting firmer and more muscular because they weren't as soft to lay on anymore.

I've also noticed I don't get pain during exercise anymore, and don't even notice that I'm not wearing one anymore when I go to exercise. Before the pain would be to great as well as the wild ride the girls would take in the process.

It's not for everyone, but in my experience, it's the best thing I have done. For me no bra = perkier boobs even at a natural DD cup!

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm really tired I fall asleep with my bra on (that`s when you know it`s a comfy fit) and I forget to brush my teeth :ohwell: .

As for wearing a bra... I really don't think it matters either way. It is personal preference, wear one when you want and don't wear one when you want, and go topless whenever you can and do naked dancing around the home.
  • Tight_Pants_On
    Options
    :drinker:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Do what's comfortable. I like support all the time, so I wear mine all the time.
  • BreatheAshley
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm really tired I fall asleep with my bra on (that`s when you know it`s a comfy fit) and I forget to brush my teeth :ohwell: .

As for wearing a bra... I really don't think it matters either way. It is personal preference, wear one when you want and don't wear one when you want, and go topless whenever you can and do naked dancing around the home.

Yay for naked dancing.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Take em off and leave just the way you were born. I would imagine having a belt around 24 hrs is uncomfortable.

Actually. NOT wearing one is often more uncomfortable (to me, anyway).

Especially if it's summer and you're sweating. Boobs sweat, too. Er. What did I come here to say?

Oh yeah. I wear one to bed sometimes. I have since I developed boobs. My boobs aren't sagging to my knees like some would want you to believe yet. Nor are they horribly deformed or itchy or whatever. Just do whatever's comfortable for you.
  • Tight_Pants_On
    Options
    In all seriousness, my wife has a sleep bra thing she just bought. Seems to like it.
  • TaffyMichele
    TaffyMichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think whatever study said that wearing a bra promotes sagging needs to do any sort of research on regions that don't have the social rule for women to wear bras (mostly because they're all topless and near-naked anyways). They're boobs are waaaaaay saggier than boobs of women in regions that wear bras.
  • TaffyMichele
    TaffyMichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think whatever study said that wearing a bra promotes sagging needs to do any sort of research on regions that don't have the social rule for women to wear bras (mostly because they're all topless and near-naked anyways). They're boobs are waaaaaay saggier than boobs of women in regions that wear bras.
    Dang, I meant to quote some guy on the first page that talked about a study saying wearing bras all the same makes boobs saggy because they don't know how to supports themselves anymore or something, but I pressed the wrong button,
  • Tight_Pants_On
    Options

Yay for naked dancing.
    [img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-20430-1373492872-33.gif[/img]
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Oh so you are a tranny. My bad dear.

'Tranny' is a derogatory term so I suggest you stop using it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Yay for naked dancing.
    [img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-20430-1373492872-33.gif[/img]

And he did a great job with the manscaping!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    do people really not have health class anymore?
    that makes me a little sad considering this is 2014 and not 1014
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 DD so not wearing one is less of an option. I wear a sports bra to bed and a normal VS during the day, and both when exercising-- but I recently found out about a website for busty women so I will likely have 3 bras to wear throughout the day. As for the research... Idk... I wear them so I stay perky it seems to work.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Dang, I meant to quote some guy on the first page that talked about a study saying wearing bras all the same makes boobs saggy because they don't know how to supports themselves anymore or something, but I pressed the wrong button,

I love the "don't know how to support themselves anymore" argument. My breasts are strong and independent, with or without a bra, thank you very much.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

I love the "don't know how to support themselves anymore" argument. My breasts are strong and independent, with or without a bra, thank you very much.

I remember feeling that way when I was young too, time is a harsh mistress.