Any 5'11 girls?

Options
This is my 3rd go at this website, hopefully this time i can stick to it. I'm 5'11", 175lbs & have a goal weight of 140lbs. I'm of slight build so 140lbs is my ideal. I've been there before & it looked great, just a shame i put it back on. I'm going on holiday this Summer and want to look good in a bikini!
Any other girls of similar height & weight? Would be great to get to know some of you in the same situation.

Replies

• Bluetrace24
    Bluetrace24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'11", and weigh about 160 now. I'd like to get down to about 150, but can't imagine lower than that for myself. It's good to see tall ladies on here!
  • Rdlm1001
    Rdlm1001 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10". Would love to be 150, but 160 now. It is nice to see larger numbers with the height. When girls talk about trying to be 120 or 130, I can't relate. Or when they talk about trying to lose 2/3 lbs... I am like "what? That is a trip to the bathroom in my world!".
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im 5 10 my goal is around 160-170. I want to be strong not skinny, focusing more on lowering BF% versus over all weight
  • sfp420
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 245, my goal weight is 170. I've been 170 before and it looked good. I don't think for my build I could go any smaller. For being this tall 150-160 sounds too thin.
  • sfp420
    Options
    Or when they talk about trying to lose 2/3 lbs... I am like "what? That is a trip to the bathroom in my world!".

EXACTLY!! :D I love this
  • chucker29
    Options
    Oooo yay! Tall ladies! I'm 5'11" and am looking to trim myself down for my wedding in six months. Can I please just ask you all about wearing heels? Do you shy away from them because of your height or do you embrace it? I always tend to shy away.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm 5' 10. Currently 177ish (I use kg) aiming for 150...
    I'm focusing more on measurements than scales, as I'm finding the scale is stalling, but body measurements are decreasing.
    Losing fat and gaining muscle definition are highest on my list of priorities... if I can look hot at 170 then I will rock it!!
    but right now feeling more frumpy than hot and trying to change that..
    befriend me if you like... just right now (say past week) my diary has looked ****ty, fallen off the wagon today, atleast the past few days while eating rubbish i kept it in my calorie allowance!
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and 251 was 328 aiming for 170ish. never been that small before has an adult so haven't got a clue what i will look like!!
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and I weight 178 lbs. I started out in the 220's. My lowest was 157 and that is my goal, but like some of the other ladies, I am not going to focus too much on the scale. Trying my best to get fit and use measurements.
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" currently 195lbs with a goal weight of 160lbs. I was previously 147lbs but it was too hard to maintain and my weight crept back on.

Good luck with your weight loss
  • Susanjellybelly
    Susanjellybelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 101/2'', close enough??This is my third trip back here too. But it's not so bad because I'm a rock star at maintaining. So the first go I lost 10lbs, then the next 5lbs and here I am again for the last maybe 10? I'm thinking my target is going to be 155lbs. Like you, it's a place I've been before and I liked it. The difference this time is I'm focusing more on getting healthy exercise wise at the same time. I have to remember if I'm building muscle, it will be heavier and it might take longer to see the scale move.I love being able to do a super fast downhill ski run and not have the thighs feel wobbley. And you know when they say"squeeze your butt"? I might have a glimmer of that muscle. The nice thing about MyFitness Pal is that it doesn't judge if you fall off the wagon, even for a week or a month or more. Give yourself a break if you have to, but come back and go again because it's worth it.
  • Ladibug23
    Ladibug23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey tall ladies! I'm 5'10 and 220. My goal is a fit 170. I could go lower than that but I want defined muscle so that will add. It's been at least 5 years since I've been under 200 so I'm looking forward to seeing that 1 in front again :-)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and honestly anything under 180 I'll be happy with, but 165 is truly my dream weight! Although I'm seriously thinking of throwing away my scale and going my looks.
  • R0b1nD
    R0b1nD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love seeing my fellow tall ladies on here! I am 6'1" and 168. I work out religiously and try to eat healthy, but I'm human. We all make mistakes. This site has been great and making you write it down and be accountable. My goal is 165, so I'm basically there. But I want to push my body fat down. I moved away from cardio a bit more lately and started lifting. Great way to trim and tone - I guess I always knew that but pulling myself away from running and walking was always the problem. And wearing heels! Do it! I have some awesome fun heels that are 3+ inches and I love them!! Be proud of that height!
  • KezMorris
    KezMorris Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IM 5'9 and I've lost 11kg, I have 3kg to go which will be the hardest as the body doesn't like to let go but I eat well and exercise 4 nights a week, I had plateaued for a while but I've started jogging and its starting to come off again
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and 183 hoping to get down to 160. Feel free to add me!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10 and probably around 142 right now. Aiming to get back down to my comfy spot of around 135 but I don't really check the scale much right now. Just getting back into the fitness side after 2 months off (1 of those due to a severe chest infection) but prior to the illness, I was doing boxing training, running, step, weights, circuits, martial arts and whatever else I could add to the mix, and was at 12% bodyfat. My main aim is simply to be lean and to keep a grip on the COPD I have to try and slow it's progression. I have never really been overweight, my top weight was around 150, even with undiagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I''m 5'11. Started at 255, now at 221.8. Chugging my way towards 180, then I'll go from there. Feel free to add me
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11''. 158 right now. What to get back to 145 if I can. I'm older now and it seems to be harder. Or maybe I just eat and drink more, who knows. Anyway. I keep trying!
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    wow, huge response, thanks girls! good luck to ll of you & i've added a few of you with the closest goals to me! if i look good before i hit 140lbs (as last time i was at that weight it was purely through dieting, so i ha no muscle definition) then i'll be stopping, but that is my ideal :)