Shakeology protein shakes

Options

Replies

• Gemmz2014
    Options

She's juicing too. I highly doubt that she's thought about any of this in detail. My guess is that she's helping her "coach" out with this silly thread.

:laugh: You made my morning, thank you.

Do you really think I would have mentioned having a coach??

I juice because of my colitis where as I need to ease up on the amount of fiber I have. Juicing removes a lot of the pulp and keeps the nutrients.

I can't believe I'm explaining myself. :huh:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of this but LOL LOL LOL>.......eat food. End of story. You want more ok.. don't waste money. eat food.:drinker:
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology, for me, it is worth the money. However, I do not use it every day, so when I buy a bag it lasts a long time. I use it when I won't be able to eat a healthy meal. For example, sometimes at work I don't actually get a lunch break where I can sit down and eat, so a shake makes a great meal on the go for that situation. Or sometimes I'm on the road through meal times and don't want to go through a drive through, shakeology is a great for those times.

I know that some people will blast shakeology and say its a rip off, others will swear by it as the best thing ever... I think it is all a matter of opinion, as I said, I like it, and it costs less per serving than a espresso, so "too expensive" is relative. I suggest that if you really want to find out, ask your coach for a few samples. Most coaches will sell single serving pouches as samples, a few coaches will give them away but most coaches will charge you what it cost them or slightly more, get a couple of different flavors and give it a try.

Edit: I just read the other comments. If you are looking for a good vegan shake (other than soy) then I think shakeology is better than most. I've tried other vegan shakes, and they are SO gritty. Shakeology is much smoother. The one other exception to the "gritty" rule is Sunwarrior, Sunwarrior rivals shakeology in flavor and texture, in fact it is better tasting. However, sunwarrior is only protein, it doesn't have other vitamins and minerals to speak of (it does have a little iron... but not much of anything else) so its not a meal replacement shake.
  • clodia2
    Options
    I just want to say, in any business there are good and bad. High pressure and low. I have been a Beachbody coach for a long time, but rarely "sell." I do this because I believe in the stuff I buy and I want to help people. I understand why people have cost aversion to the products, but they work for me. That said, to be insulting just because we decide to do this business is just plain rude. If you look at my messages, you will see I am always encouraging people and if you ask my buddies here or on Facebook, I don't "push the product." I invite people to challenge groups and tell people about things I do, but I never make Shakeology a prerequisite for anything I do. If you don't like Shakeology or the Beachbody business, that's fine, but that doesn't mean we're evil.

And before you say this is a clever marketing ploy, look at my profile and see if I have a link to any of my Beachbody stuff.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, yes, they have some fancy foods in them. But last night, I made some rice, and I tossed a few grains of salt in. If I were packaging my finished product, it would look like this: rice, salt. If an ingredient is in there, it can get reported on the label. It doesn't mean it's doing anything.

Try buying a blender bottle and preparing: non-dairy milk, powdered peanut butter, and a serving of pumpkin seed protein. Add ice as desired for temperature and sweetener to taste.

If I used So Delicious protein milk, that's nearly 20 grams of protein for 135 calories. It's extremely fast and easy to make, and you can add some cocoa powder for 10-40 more calories.

(Are you vegan? If not, you could probably make a lower calorie and higher protein shake in the blender bottle.)
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, in any business there are good and bad. High pressure and low. I have been a Beachbody coach for a long time, but rarely "sell." I do this because I believe in the stuff I buy and I want to help people. I understand why people have cost aversion to the products, but they work for me. That said, to be insulting just because we decide to do this business is just plain rude. If you look at my messages, you will see I am always encouraging people and if you ask my buddies here or on Facebook, I don't "push the product." I invite people to challenge groups and tell people about things I do, but I never make Shakeology a prerequisite for anything I do. If you don't like Shakeology or the Beachbody business, that's fine, but that doesn't mean we're evil.

And before you say this is a clever marketing ploy, look at my profile and see if I have a link to any of my Beachbody stuff.

True, I also signed up as a coach. I never push and I often recommend non BB products when I think they are appropriate. Such as Biggest Loser workouts, Sunwarrior protein, etc.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

I give you credit for coming on here. You may get abused :laugh:
    Omg, that crazy dude is going to think that you're my coach!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW... great job on the weight loss!!!!!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You're wasting your money. It's an MLM gimmick. Not needed in any way.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Omg, that crazy dude is going to think that you're my coach!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He's not crazy, he actually knows quite a bit about this whole diet, nutrition, and fitness thing. And the reason people around here have such an aversion to BB coaches is that most of them do not disclose their status when discussing BB products. You made another thread about Shakeology and got some responses, which I saw you thanked people for - were you aware that the people responding are coaches?

I have zero issue with people who come right out and say they are coaches, and then provide their opinion. It's the ones who don't mention it, or only admit it when someone calls them out on it, that give the other coaches a bad name. They also tend to be the people who responses sound like MLM talking points handouts and are the ones who search the boards looking for people who respond to BB threads, then PM them trying to drum up business. I just blocked a guy yesterday for that. The people in this thread? I may disagree with them, but they're not going to see any abuse coming from me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    complete and total waste of money ..

just eat real food and stay in a calorie deficit..

or buy regular protein powder from any store...
  • clodia2
    Options

He's not crazy, he actually knows quite a bit about this whole diet, nutrition, and fitness thing. And the reason people around here have such an aversion to BB coaches is that most of them do not disclose their status when discussing BB products. You made another thread about Shakeology and got some responses, which I saw you thanked people for - were you aware that the people responding are coaches?

I have zero issue with people who come right out and say they are coaches, and then provide their opinion. It's the ones who don't mention it, or only admit it when someone calls them out on it, that give the other coaches a bad name. They also tend to be the people who responses sound like MLM talking points handouts and are the ones who search the boards looking for people who respond to BB threads, then PM them trying to drum up business. I just blocked a guy yesterday for that. The people in this thread? I may disagree with them, but they're not going to see any abuse coming from me.

I appreciate what you're saying, and I don't disagree. I do know people have various "tactics," some of which I would personally not use. I have never hidden the fact I am a coach, but you're right, there are some that give us a bad name. And I don't disagree with some of your points, I'm a strong proponent for nutrition and exercise. All I care about is people getting healthy the right way. :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Are they a waste of my money? If so, why?
    Yes they are. Because when someone's diet is fairly balanced and consuming mostly whole and minimally processed foods there's nothing earth shattering that will make any difference in this shake. Supplementation is like the wild west because it's not regulated and no proof is needed for it's efficacy. Marketing 101. For people that find nutrition to be very complicated and have the mindset that there are shortcuts to health and the ideology that there is bad and good and then only need direction, then that is their demographic for the most part.....if you fall into that category, then you probably can and would justify spending the money, figuring it's going to somehow make you a healthier person......and if you want extra protein within the diet I described, it doesn't need to be supplemented with along list of miniscule amounts that won't make any difference, except in your pocket book, just purchase a protein powder and eat sensibly. Not rocket science.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

I agree with you that he knows quite a bit about nutrition, I was going to ask him to be my friend and then he accused me of being a spammer. That is why I called him crazy. As I told him, anyone can look up the ingredients of Shakeology.

I thanked the people in the other thread not caring if they were coaches because I am polite and appreciate feedback.... actually hoping for more feedback than I received.... oh well. I did have a feeling that they were though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% but I am at my job from 7:30am til 5:30 three days a week and it would sure be great to not have to worry about preparing a meal. I'm so freakin tired of that!
    Only 3 days? My DW would be jumping for joy if that was her schedule.
    Let's put it this way. Does drinking a shake encourage you to learn about eating right or discourage you? From the sounds of it, it discourages you.
    Is that worth it to you? If so, then you answered your own question.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Someone in the veggie group posted this link: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/homemade-energy-bar-recipe/

This might help. I made my first one with red lentils and a banana base and used all protein powder for the dry base, and it was good. It turned into amazing when I realized I could be heating it up and adding vegan butter and jam (peanut butter will happen some day too). You can freeze these and have them for those days when you just want something easy to grab.

Chocolate-covered katie's chocolate chip garbanzo bean bars are amazing too.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I agree with you that he knows quite a bit about nutrition, I was going to ask him to be my friend and then he accused me of being a spammer. That is why I called him crazy. As I told him, anyone can look up the ingredients of Shakeology.

I thanked the people in the other thread not caring if they were coaches because I am polite and appreciate feedback.... actually hoping for more feedback than I received.... oh well. I did have a feeling that they were though.

You asked for opinions, were given opinions, and then got upset.

These special ingredients in shakeology are much like gold flakes in champagne. Yes, they make the shakes more expensive but do nothing else. If that's okay with you then spend your money.

I barely even use protein powder anymore because I know I can hit my nutritional needs without it. And, there's no way I'm overpaying for MLM products. That's me. Spend your money however you like.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    Only 3 days? My DW would be jumping for joy if that was her schedule.

Only three days that I'm there for 10 hours. The other 2 days are approx 6 hours and I'm able to eat dinner at home, yay!! Not incl weekends where I eat all meals at home :smile:
    Let's put it this way. Does drinking a shake encourage you to learn about eating right or discourage you? From the sounds of it, it discourages you.
    Is that worth it to you? If so, then you answered your own question.

Drinking a shake does neither. I'm just looking for something quick thats tasty as well.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options

You asked for opinions, were given opinions, and then got upset.

The only time I got upset was when you accused me of spamming which I then turned into amusement.

If I seemed upset in any other post, please let me know.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Personally cannot imagine why anyone would spend $130 on 30 servings of a shake when you can easily accomplish the same thing much cheaper if you do a little research. I just ordered 6 lbs of pure whey isolate, gluten free, lactose free, gmo free for $87. To each his own..its your money.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I prefer Body Fortress Whey from Walmart. Does the job and is inexpensive, too!