Stuck In A Rut for BREAKFAST

Options

Replies

• youtubeworkouter
    youtubeworkouter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like telling everyone about this website because it taught me how to cook.
    www.allrecipes.com
    they have a healthy recipes section
    and the recipes have a nutrition section to let you know what calories, and so on, to put into mfp
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I know you said that dairy/grains/fruit are no problamos, but, a GREAT, FILLING breakfast I eat is: Arnold thins toasted with 1/2c of cottage cheese or ricotta with berries on top sprinkled with Stevia. YUMZ!:drinker:
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh and I haven't done this in a while, but I have a TINY frying pan (like 4-5 inches diameter) and I put in egg or egg whites, salt, pepper, garlic powder, spinach and let it cook, and it fits perfectly onto an English muffin or sandwich thin for an easy to-go breakfast.

LOL, we have one of these cute little things as well; it has a crazy little chicken face on the handle. We use it in a similar way, to make egg-white sandwiches with bagels or English muffins. You can also make a sort of mini-scrambled egg mix with a little salsa.

Ah yes, the little chicken face. That's the "Small Fry" pan. I cooked 2 eggs in mine today. It's perfect for 1 or 2 eggs.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Egg Bake!!!!! Take a muffin pan and put a slice of canadian bacon in each hole. Pour in a mixture made of eggs/egg whites, sauteed peppers...whatever strikes our fancy...and bake

Or do it like a crust free quiche. thrown some sausage crumbles into a cake pan. Add egg mixture and veggies, hash browns...whatever makes you happy...top with a little cheese and bake.

When it's all done (either version) you have enough tasty, high protein breakfast to last a small household for several days.

When I don't feel like cooking though, I often have greek yogurt with honey and an english muffin with peanut butter.
  • watermelonsugar_
    Options
    I have been all about greek yogurt with almond butter and some oats.

3/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1/4 cup oats
    dash (or more) of cinnamon
  • aaronengineer
    aaronengineer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of breakfast staples. If I have time to cook I do a bacon and two egg omelet. Sometimes I'll add some leftover bolognese sauce on it. My son loves them so I'll make him one too. If I am pressed for time I do my Shakeology for breakfast with some frozen fruit.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with pumpkin and cinnamon.
    Oatmeal with chocolate PB2.
    A Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich
    A scramble with eggs, mushrooms, and spinach.
    Banana pancakes (1 banana, one egg, one egg white, and 1/4 cup oats blendered)
    Kashi cereal with almond milk.
    A green smoothie...banana, berries, spinach, almond milk.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Baked eggs are a favourite of mine when I have the time.
    Get out a small ramekin dish (spray with oil spray to grease) or you can use a large holed muffin tin but you need to really grease it well. Ramekin is better because you can eat the egg straight from the dish.
    Chop up a slice of bacon or some ham or spinach. (If bacon, brown it a little). Put in bottom of ramekin. Add in chopped onion, tomato, capsicum, steamed pumpkin or whatever vege floats your boat. Crack an egg over the top. Season with pepper (and salt if you didn't add a deli meat). You can add a pinch of cheese and some chopped chives or green onions and bake in the oven until set (usually 15-20 minutes).

French toast is another weekend favourite.

Break an egg and add a splash of milk and whisk and season with salt n pepper. Dip 2 slices of bread (I use iron fortified bread) into the mix. Heat a small non-stick frying pan and lightly spray with oil spray. Cook break like a pancake (both sides til lightly browned). Eat.

Baked beans on toast also is a winner when time is at a premium.

Homemade muffins work well too as you can stick that in the recipe builder.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I pretty much subsist on Quest bars until high noon.
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in a Honey Bunches of Oats phase right now.
  • mylove061708
    mylove061708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been eating a slice of ezekiel bread toasted with jalapeno jelly and a smoothie.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie, but add a handful of spinach (really, you'll hardly taste it) and a scoop of protein powder....gives you a decent amount of protein and a veg:)
  • mylove061708
    mylove061708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Egg Muffins is my favorite go to right now - Make them on Sunday, eat all week. Beat 12 eggs (I use 1/2 real eggs and 1/2 substitute) - using a silicon muffin mold or spray a metal one with pam - put your favorite breakfast meat in them, add some veggies, top with a bit of cheese, pour the eggs in - cook for 25-35 min at 350 - my favorite combinations are spinach and mushrooms with a tiny bit of pepperjack cheese, ham and cheese (for my sons). In the morning grab 2 and microwave them for 30 seconds. Keeps in the fridge all week and I love them - about 75 calories a muffin.

These are great! I haven't had these in a while. I am gonna have to make these for my meal prepping this week.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Options
    Protein Shake
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    www.food52.com has excellent recipes including protein bars.

I'm a fan of almond butter "oatmeal" sometimes I just eat almond butter with flaked coconut and some fruit.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    how do you do the potatos on George? I use george for everything
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Oatmeal with chocolate PB2.

LOVE chocolate PB2! I add it with my NOW whey protein isolate and soy milk for a yummy quick shake.
  • winedrinker1
    Options
    I like some plain oatmeal mixed with two eggs whites, add some cut up apples., (never tried it yet but add some pb)and make like a pancake with sugar free syrup...yum. Ive only eaten it without the Pb and it was really good
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    1 cup egg white, 1\3 cup flavored oatmeal and you have delicious pancakes. Sugar free (20 calorie) maple syrup makes it good tasting, rich in protein and very healthy.
  • janhealth
    Options
    Apple n almond butter, hard boiled egg, protein smoothie, oatmeal are typical breakfast foods.