*Thunk*

Options
2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    All this baby talk is making me want to have one!
    I need to find J's venting thread!

Haha, I haven't created it....*yet*

Well get crackin...how will Manda get the hint!
    :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awwww awesome news....even if it was a surprise! lol.....:drinker: here's to our gal myrtle!!! LMBO

wishing you all the best!
    hugs,
    Ali
  • back2beingme
    Options
    Congrats to you! I've got three and literally bawled my eyes out when I saw the positive sign on my third...and no, they were not tears of joy! Of course, I couldn't be happier now (he's the cutie to your left)...but I did have my tubes tied:wink:

Congrats and enjoy! They grow up fast...
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

You think I'M the one that needs the hint?

*sigh*

Baby bug bit me awhile ago....lol
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

*sigh*

That's part of the problem...we both are pretty ready to get started...except the whole not married thing...and the fact that after my divorce I am absolutely terrified of the prospect of getting married again...and even if I do get married I want to have some time to spend with Manda just the two of us for a little while before introducing a little us into the picture...but the problem with that is that I am 31 years old and not getting any younger...

Hence my conundrum. :cry:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Congrats.
    Mine are 20 months apart. (surprise and surprise!)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you girlie!!!

Mine are 5 years apart, so no advice to you, but it has been done before. :wink:

And about the photo...Ya, don't ever do that. Those outfits are hideous! :laugh:
  • stephi92569
    Options
    Well, the second one is...POSITIVE!

I'm kind of excited. And a little in shock. It was easier the first time, when I didn't know what to expect! I think Darrell (my son) will be happy to have a sibling. We weren't planning, but hey, it's still exciting to have children. It's fun to watch them grow. It won't be that hard, will it???

The reason my husband got me the test was because I was talking about being pregnant. I just kind of...felt pregnant. But I kind of knew I wasn't, not really. Well, then I took the test to prove to him that I wasn't, and...BOOM...PREGGO!

My son is a year old, has anyone had kids close together like this? Was it really difficult at first?

My kids are 15 1/2 months apart. That was hard, but fun at the same time. With them being as close as they are, they're like best friends. My oldest is now moved out of the house and just turned 20. My youngest is almost 19 and getting ready to start college. That I think is the toughest thing for me now. I'm only 38 and my kids are all grown up. Makes me kind of sad :cry: but happy :happy: at the same time.

Good luck and congratulations. I'm happy for you. It is an adventure all in itself...:flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the well wishes and nice comments. It was quite a shock to us, but...We're pretty happy about it.

I just wanted to say to J and Manda that...Okay, I know I don't know you guys, or talk to you really on here or anything, but like everyone else I've read all the posts about how you two dated and met and fell in love. I think that when two people like you find each other, things will happen when they happen. If that means having a baby really soon, then that's what that means, and I know you two will be happy and feel blessed about it. If it means waiting and having a little more time to yourselves, then I know you two will be happy and feel blessed about that too. I think I can say, with absolute certainty, that you two will be together for a long long while and any child that you two have together will be the happiest, most loved, funniest kid on the block. And you two will be the best parents ever because you're so happy with each other. And also, I (complete personal opinion here) don't think you HAVE to be married to have a baby. When two people love each other like it's so obvious you two do, any baby would just be the icing on the cake of your great relationship (mmm, cake...). Marriage is just a piece of paper. Love is what really keeps people together. And I don't think you're lacking in love at all.

Okay, emotional sappy pregnant preaching session over. :bigsmile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options

*sigh*

That's part of the problem...we both are pretty ready to get started...except the whole not married thing...and the fact that after my divorce I am absolutely terrified of the prospect of getting married again...and even if I do get married I want to have some time to spend with Manda just the two of us for a little while before introducing a little us into the picture...but the problem with that is that I am 31 years old and not getting any younger...

Do it when you're ready! Many people are waiting to have kids until later these days. I teach elementary kids and there's HUGE range of ages in the parents. There's some in their 20's and some in their upper 40's with little kids. My Dad didn't have me until he was 36. So, if you're not quite ready, don't push it because you're 31. And like someone else said, marriage is just a piece of paper (a piece of paper some of us are unfortunately unable to get at this point), but it's the love you have that makes you a family. You'll know when it's right for you!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

*sigh*

Do it when you're ready! Many people are waiting to have kids until later these days. I teach elementary kids and there's HUGE range of ages in the parents. There's some in their 20's and some in their upper 40's with little kids. My Dad didn't have me until he was 36. So, if you're not quite ready, don't push it because you're 31. And like someone else said, marriage is just a piece of paper (a piece of paper some of us are unfortunately unable to get at this point), but it's the love you have that makes you a family. You'll know when it's right for you!

I agree with Grey.

You two are the most adorable pair I've seen in a long time (I am happy to actually see so many wonderful and supportive people on here in great relationships....in all honesty). I totally understand the need for YOU time...enjoy the time you guys have right now, being the two of you, getting to know all about each other, etc. Life gets a little crazy with tiny ones in the picture (good crazy though). J, I am sure you will be able to have kids for a while...don't worry....you aren't gonn shrivel up....:laugh:

Get Manda settled in. Enjoy this time, it's good stuff.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well, the second one is...POSITIVE!

I'm kind of excited. And a little in shock. It was easier the first time, when I didn't know what to expect! I think Darrell (my son) will be happy to have a sibling. We weren't planning, but hey, it's still exciting to have children. It's fun to watch them grow. It won't be that hard, will it???

The reason my husband got me the test was because I was talking about being pregnant. I just kind of...felt pregnant. But I kind of knew I wasn't, not really. Well, then I took the test to prove to him that I wasn't, and...BOOM...PREGGO!

My son is a year old, has anyone had kids close together like this? Was it really difficult at first?

Mine are 21 months apart and I wouldn't change it for anything! They are close and get along great even though they are opposite genders and personalities. Congrats!