Shakeology protein shakes

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I don't ever see myself not using Shakeology. I can't possibly replace all the nutritional value with regular food. The sheer quantity of food I would have to consume is preposterous. Don't misunderstand though. shakeology is part of my plan. I eat 6 meals a day on a 50/30/20 split (bulking). I do the majority of my cooking on sundays so that I know how much I'm eating each week.

Bulking with Shakeology and beachbody workouts? Best of luck on your muscle gaining goals in 2014
  • mrsroseblack
    mrsroseblack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you compare the nutrition label on the back of the Shakeology bag you will not find "fake" ingredients. You will also not find chemicals. You will find those things in regular protein powder.

Shakeology is made up of superfoods. No artificial sweeteners. I can't wait to get mine back! My body works really well on it.. we have been penny pinching lately so I had to put it on hiatus but can't wait to get on it again! I like the vegan chocolate.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Another shakeology thread...

Anyhow, I used shakeology every day as a meal replacement for breakfast. Lost 87 pounds. I loved it as a healthy meal replacement. It helped to curb appetite and it helped eliminate unhealthy cravings over time. Having said that, it is expensive. You can cut costs (up to $20 per bag) by purchasing bags on ebay. I never went through BB site or a coach.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If you compare the nutrition label on the back of the Shakeology bag you will not find "fake" ingredients. You will also not find chemicals. You will find those things in regular protein powder.

Shakeology is made up of superfoods. No artificial sweeteners. I can't wait to get mine back! My body works really well on it.. we have been penny pinching lately so I had to put it on hiatus but can't wait to get on it again! I like the vegan chocolate.

there are no chemicals in shakeology.??? Really??????

Please provide a list of the "super foods" contained in shakeology…?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

The ingredients in mine are as follows: pumpkin seeds.

There are tons of protein powders that don't have additives.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's basically a meal replacement protein shake with extra vitamins. You could do that yourself with any protein shake - and then take a multivitamin. They don't taste too fabulous IMO. And last I checked it was around $4 a packet - probably more these days. I don't think there is anything wrong with it other than the price.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I don't ever see myself not using Shakeology. I can't possibly replace all the nutritional value with regular food. The sheer quantity of food I would have to consume is preposterous. Don't misunderstand though. shakeology is part of my plan. I eat 6 meals a day on a 50/30/20 split (bulking). I do the majority of my cooking on sundays so that I know how much I'm eating each week.

Bulking with Shakeology and beachbody workouts? Best of luck on your muscle gaining goals in 2014

I was thinking the same thing….
  • mrsroseblack
    Options

http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/shakeology/pdf/ShakeologyCholocateVegan_Ingredients.pdf

There's the label. Please tell me where the chemicals are??
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    There are just as many "chemicals" in Shakeology as in anything else. As for the "Superfoods," that's also a joke. They put just enough of whatever highly processed powdered form of whatever ingredient they list to be able to list it in the ingredients list. If there was actually enough of all those ingredients in there to be effective, you'd need to consume the entire bag as a single serving.

Shaekology is an overpriced joke, that uses great marketing to sucker people in to buying it, with all these random buzz words like "superfood," but deliver nothing.

Also, I love how when someone says Shakeology is an overpriced protein shake, a coach jumps in and says it's a meal replacement shake. When someone calls Shakeology an overpriced meal replacement shake, a coach jumps in to claim it's NOT a meal replacement shake.
  • mrsroseblack
    Options

I'm sure you're right. I haven't researched EVERY protein powder. I'm talking about the generic GNC type.. But why not just eat pumpkin seeds?
  • ndj1979
    Options

http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/shakeology/pdf/ShakeologyCholocateVegan_Ingredients.pdf

for one "blueberry" they have chemicals in them.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Really the discussion about "chemicals" being in Shakeology is all semantics. WATER is a chemical. Everything has chemicals in it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

The entire list is chemicals. Do you know what a chemical is? Also, how's that methylsulfonylmethane taste for you? It's an industrial solvent, also an ingredient listed in that Shakeo list you linked to. No chemicals, though, right?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Really the discussion about "chemicals" being in Shakeology is all semantics. WATER is a chemical. Everything has chemicals in it.

Shhhhhh!!! Chemicals are eVil!!! And water is fatal in large doses.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options

I'm sure you're right. I haven't researched EVERY protein powder. I'm talking about the generic GNC type.. But why not just eat pumpkin seeds?
    Because a decent protein with added pumpkin seeds would have more bioavailable and useful nutrients than the miniscule superfoods they embellish the label with.......science.
  • mrsroseblack
    Options

for one "blueberry" they have chemicals in them.

Am I correct in assuming you eat no blueberries then? I know that at least a lot of their ingredients are organic. Some are even hand picked.

What I don't understand is how there are so many RUDE know-it-alls on these boards. Everyone has different preferences.

You'll have someone telling you Shakeology is crap yet they eat big macs and whatever works in their "IIFYM". WHAT EVER.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I like pumpkin seeds, but the reason I buy it in powder form is because I have a lot of restrictions on my diet, and it's hard to get protein. I can get the same amount of protein in the powder (9.5 g) for 55 calories as eating the seeds as a snack, for 170 calories.

It's $18 for 40 servings. It's been by far the best vegan (non-soy) protein powder I've tried, in terms of taste. (I can even drink it in carbonated water with lime and stevia, but I like to have it really blended into something, just because of texture.)
  • clodia2
    Options

Shhhhhh!!! Chemicals are eVil!!! And water is fatal in large doses.

Oh shoot, and drank a half gallon of water so far today... What's gonna happen to me?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :huh: :noway:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Are they a waste of my money? If so, why?

Yes