Insanity vs P90X dvds!!

Options
I heard these are the best two dvds to work out at home! I'm not sure what should I purchase!! The Insanity group dvds or the P90X?!
Just to let you know that I weight 290 lbs and I am exercising 4-6 days a week with walking 15 mins! Also,I live in apartment but I have a good space to do it in!

Please, your suggestions :D

Replies

• HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am confused!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Insanity is more cardio based. P90X adds weights and cardio.

I would suggest building up your walking time to about an hour before you try either of these programs. Although they are marketed for "anyone can do it" sales, not everyone should. You need to be able to sustain so sort of exercise for 1 hour because both of these VERY INTENSE programs run about that.

Perhaps you could look at T25 (I call it Insanity Lite) or some Jillian Michaels DVDs if those are the workouts you are shooting for.
  • empatter
    Options
    ive only tried p90x and i find it hard to find the time to devote an hour or more a day but if you can its a great program. its hard at first but does get easier! im in LOVE with the p90x yoga!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I haven't done either, but I think (and people can correct me if I'm wrong) that Insanity involved more jumping/running/movement. From my past experience with being heavy and jumping in an apartment building, the people below you may not be impressed. I have also read that Insanity is hard on your knees, which may be significant if you weight a lot.
  • HannahAliHealth
    Options
    Insanity is more cardio based. P90X adds weights and cardio.

I would suggest building up your walking time to about an hour before you try either of these programs. Although they are marketed for "anyone can do it" sales, not everyone should. You need to be able to sustain so sort of exercise for 1 hour because both of these VERY INTENSE programs run about that.

Perhaps you could look at T25 (I call it Insanity Lite) or some Jillian Michaels DVDs if those are the workouts you are shooting for.
    Thanks! You are right I felt little bit tired exercising today!
  • HannahAliHealth
    Options
    ive only tried p90x and i find it hard to find the time to devote an hour or more a day but if you can its a great program. its hard at first but does get easier! im in LOVE with the p90x yoga!
    Thanks! I have the time these few months!
  • HannahAliHealth
    Options
    I haven't done either, but I think (and people can correct me if I'm wrong) that Insanity involved more jumping/running/movement. From my past experience with being heavy and jumping in an apartment building, the people below you may not be impressed. I have also read that Insanity is hard on your knees, which may be significant if you weight a lot.
    That makes sense! I guess I will wait for a while to drop some weight so I won't hurt my body or disturb anyone!
  • dddman
    Options
    I bought P90x and found it was too difficult for my fitness level at that time. I then purchased Power 90 and found it was better suited to me with exercises that are lower impact yet still effective. Also the the workouts are under 40 minutes.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started out with Chalean Extreme for my first get back into fitness workout. I think this would be a great workout for you. It's about 40 min and strength and cardio. No matter what, just keep moving. You are doing awesome and imagine where you will be in a year from now!!!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought P90x and found it was too difficult for my fitness level at that time. I then purchased Power 90 and found it was better suited to me with exercises that are lower impact yet still effective. Also the the workouts are under 40 minutes.

Forgot to mention this as well. When I was starting out, the P90 workouts were hard but more-or-less completable. If I had started with P90X, I don't think I would have made it.