Best home workout dvd for men?

Options
My other half has decided to get into shape so was just wondering what dvd's you guys have found to be the best?
They obviously don't have to be all aimed at men but I think he would be more inclined to do one suited to men.
He isn't very overweight just has a bit of extra weight and wants to lose a bit and tone up.

So far we have looked at insanity but not sure if that will be a bit extreme for a fitness newbie?

Thanks!

Replies

• wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    They are all only as extreme as you make it.

Insanity, you will have down time almost no matter your fitness level. It is about doing what you can, taking your breaks, and then getting back in when you can.

Same with p90x and others.
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    True, I did say to him he could just do as much as he can and gradually build it up!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I was getting my husband to do DVD's with me, he wouldn't / couldn't do anything with much choreography or patterns (things like grapevine to the left, kick twice, repeat in the other direction).

But he could do and didn't mind the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which was more straightforward. I'm not crazy about 30Day Shred, but I do like Ripped in 30 and Body Revolution.
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    Rushfit is good I did it as a noob and it works they have beginner intermediate and advanced schedule you just follow the one that's at your fitness level. It's expensive so I would download it
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, looking into the Rushfit!
    I was doing the 30DS before I fell pregnant and loved it, he may want to try that too.

He is currently doing insanity for the first time, very proud as he has never done any exercise and is giving it a good go!
    Trying to persuade him to join here for motivation ;)
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Any BeachBody program is great, because you can modify it to your own level, but since he's a newbie, I would recommend he look into Power 90. This is what I'm doing now and it's great. I have never excercised in my life. I've been doing Power 90 for 9 weeks now and it's awesome. Over 20 lbs lost and I'm really toning up and building muscle. Just recently moved on to phase 3-4. I had to go buy all new pants today. It's a great program and Tony Horton is a great coach. Can't go wrong with any BB workouts.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    he might like this. i've done 30 day shred, ripped in 30 and body revolution. i'm doing insanity now but theres so many choices like body beast from bb

http://www.spartacusworkoutdvd.com/spartacusworkoutdvd/ps/index?keycode=236225