Money or job satisfaction?

Options
13»

Replies

• GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Job satisfaction...hands down.

I quit my high paying (6 figure), high bonus job to start my own company. 9 months into my new business I can attest that job satisfaction ranks way up there.

Ask me in a year if I made the right decision financially.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have job satisfaction IF the money is enough to live on. I've settled for 2 low-paying part-time jobs right now. I don't dread getting up in the morning to go to either one. They're physical enough jobs that I don't just push paper and make phone calls, so they satisfy me in the sense of "I have produced something today." Neither one of them is very mentally stimulating, though. But I kind of LIKE boring. Exciting is a fire, or a robbery, or at least drama. I don't have much of that, and I like it.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd take the money and would use the funds to make sure my personal life was more interesting. A boring job and an interesting life is a good balance.

Assuming that the high paying job didn't reduce my quality of life by added stress, work hours, travel, etc. Job satisfaction is great, but the jobs I've had that had high job satisfaction ALWAYS had really low pay, which meant I had a low life satisfaction since I couldn't afford to do anything or buy stuff.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    job satisfaction. Money is great, but I can't imagine anything more horrible than going to a job you hate just because it pays well. I am lucky, I have the best of both!
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Since I'm just about to get the most useless degree one can possibly study for and currently have zero career prospects, a job, ANY job, would be good. :laugh: (other than being a waitress of course.)

let me guess, english lit?

And...... we have a winner!

ETA: I forgot to mention the best part! I live in a non-English speaking country!

Too easy....my guess is you live in a middle eastern country - egypt or qatar

Close.. But no. lol (srsly? I look Egyptian??)
    And now I'm curious - what made you say the middle east?
  • COTrainer
    COTrainer Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    No money where I work, all about the satisfaction of making a difference in the world
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with a high paying boring job. I can do all kinds of fulfilling and interesting things outside of work even if I don't make a lot of money. Though making more money would allow me to do even more.

I've had lots of low paying jobs, so I would be nice to have a high paying one. Right now its average pay but in an industry that I am really passionate about. So that works for me.