I'm back again

Options
I'm back again. This is about my 3rd year using MFP. I've always struggled with my weight. Been going to the gym on and off for the past 6 years. Got really serious at the gym and healthy eating about 2 years ago, managed to lose 15kg then xmas holidays came and I let myself have a break. That turned into a 8 month break. Re joined the gym August last year and then xmas came around again and I had time off for holidays.
I'm back again this year, I'm hoping I have some good results this year I'm trying to talk myself in to having some more motivation but it's so hard. Am I a lost cause, should I just give up? Any one else been struggling this long?
I am ashamed to admit it but I think I have an addiction to food, it's something I can't control :( but I am trying so hard.

Replies

• amanda_oc
    amanda_oc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jane :)

I'm also back again after doing this on and off in the past. Wishing you lots of success with it :D
  • RoxyG80
    RoxyG80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Never Never give up that is the worst thing you could possibly do. Just start all over again and keep doing that until you are finally able to make it stick. It has taken me 8 years to get on track. I kept doing the yo yo dieting and gained a lot of weight because of it. I have been using mfp since last April and it is a slow process but I dedicated myself to using the app everyday and make myself accountable for my eating habits and that has helped me lose the weight I have lost. Please don't give up on yourself even though I don't know you I have faith you can do this and stick with it.
  • Ebirtles123
    Options
    I lost 7 stone and put a lot of It back on tried mfp a few times and I just keep plodding along , don't give up u can do it
  • 13doit13
    13doit13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, Keep up the good work. I think we all struggle with food at times. It's hard because it's everywhere with everyone we love. But everyday we have a choice to stay focused or not. Let's focus together. Great job on the weight loss though. Keep it up! YAY
  • tiffanyjane71
    tiffanyjane71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm the same last year lost 10 kg put it all back on and more , hard to find motivation and the 3 weeks have been a roller coaster argggg
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of young lady. I would think you would have more to be ashamed of if you DIDN'T admit it. I am an all american, corn fed, big ole country boy and my addiction is MEAT. Kill it, skin it, fry it or grill it, and I'll eat it! I have paid the price for that and I am embracing the journey to better health. I applaud you for sharing and I encourage you to gather your strength from others here and get ready to change your life for the better :happy:
  • mudpiechick
    mudpiechick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm back again also. When I get in the mindset to work out and eat healthy, I'm there, doing it. But when I'm not there, I'm like a drug addict when it comes to food. Hang in there. You have lots of us behind you. We will have good days and bad days but never give up. It's a journey.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! What's that saying? The only failures are the ones who quit. Something like that. There are sooo many of us who just keep slogging away at this, so don't get down on yourself. The holidays are my danger zone as well. In the past, the holiday slide starts at Halloween and just gets worse until the end of December. Before the holidays hit this year, start to think of a plan for how to deal with the pitfalls. Good luck!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm like a drug addict when it comes to food.

Me too
  • leanne9876
    Options
    Thank you all for encouraging words and support.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    your in good company thats why most of us are here, well done for starting again and realising your problem.we are all here to help and i wish you well.
  • leanne9876
    Options
    I'm back again. This is about my 3rd year using MFP. I've always struggled with my weight. Been going to the gym on and off for the past 6 years. Got really serious at the gym and healthy eating about 2 years ago, managed to lose 15kg then xmas holidays came and I let myself have a break. That turned into a 8 month break. Re joined the gym August last year and then xmas came around again and I had time off for holidays.
    I'm back again this year, I'm hoping I have some good results this year I'm trying to talk myself in to having some more motivation but it's so hard. Am I a lost cause, should I just give up? Any one else been struggling this long?
    I am ashamed to admit it but I think I have an addiction to food, it's something I can't control :( but I am trying so hard.

I'm not really back again this time, I just needed some one to talk to, some one who understands how I feel. I thought I would post on this thread so people can read my back story.

I didn't do so well this year. I was going ok for about a month and life got hectic. I wasn't able to make it to the gym. I have really bad food issues which I can't control, no matter how much I try. I don't know what to do. I am getting bigger and bigger and I am so depressed sometimes I wish I could get a knife and just cut my belly off :(

I can't stop the eating, it's a constant battle and in the end I always give in.

I don't know what to do, I hate being this big and I hate feeling like this but I still continue to eat even though I hate being so fat and unhealthy.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're having a tough time and giving yourself a tough time over it.

Much of this is a mindset thing so if you're not ready for it then maybe it would be better to let it go until you are prepared to commit, but then you won't perhaps feel good about that choice either. So, better, perhaps a slower approach that the 'all of nothing' might be a way of easing you into it. Making small changes to what and how much you eat, and small additions of exercise - baby steps till you start to feel like you want to do more.

Getting started and keeping going, if it were easy then few of us would be here.
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wrenegade64 wrote words of wisdom.

Many of us (including me) have been in the same position. The main thing is to not beat yourself up about it. Just keep one foot in front of the other.
    Pre-logging what I plan to eat works for me. It lessens my tendency to want to eat without thinking,
    Keep at it! You can do it!