How do you set up your goals?

Options
So I am constantly on and off either mfp or ww. I started again yesterday with mfp and I said to myself "that's it! You are logging everyday now until summer and will wake up at 5am 6 days a week to work out!" Another (more realistic) voice said "yeah right!" It was like my very own Ah ha! moment. It's progress not perfection. So, my goal is to track every day for a week, regardless if I mess up or not. Even if it means I am way over my kcal intake. In the past if I had one bad day/meal/snack it was enough for me to throw in the towel. Also, I started 30 day shred yesterday, so i definitely want to wake up early to get those 27 minutes in. If I don't then I must do It when the kids go to bed. This is my one week goal. How do you set yourself up?

Replies

• Insomniak2
    Options
    Eliza,

I may have a solution for you. I am going to send you some information in your inbox, please check it out :)

-Daniel
  • ElizaVilla
    ElizaVilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok. Looking forward to it!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Start small and build up. You try to accomplish too much at once. Eating healthy, tracking calories, waking up early, working out every day, anything more? Maybe not fitness related? Like, I don't know, working on that new project I've been planning to or spending more time with my kids, etc. That all counts in too cos it adds to a bunch even if is not fitness related. That's why you burn out and don't follow up cos it feels too overwhelming. You can't even run 5k yet but you already try to run a marathon lol. Do one of those things for like a week, like a tracking for example, get the habit in and going. Then add another thing, like actually eating not more than necessary, get that thing going for a couple weeks and then add some more, like exercising. Get it going, add some more, etc. Will be easier than just starting the whole new life from Monday, which requires tremendous discipline which nobody has unless they are very desperate. You need to train the discipline muscle slowly or you gonna fail most likely. :)
  • kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You know, if you have a hard time inputting food at time of eating, take a photo of your meal. Then input at the end of the day. You know, even though it won't get posted to the newsfeed when completed past midnight, it's still good to input food info. If you are careful to input the data, even when late, if you have to determine what helps or hinders your change, being able to look back at an accurate account is essential.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    tracking gets easier once you build up your own database. i dont exactly eat the same foods everyday, but after several good months of consistent logging i pretty much have everything listed under a meal that i might eat.

my other goals are fitness related and i usually time those in 6-8 week chunks because that's really going to be the amount of time needed to see progress.
  • stephiemo
    stephiemo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Something that helped me was by creating "weekly goals". Small yet attainable goals.

For example.. here are some of mine:

-No eating past 9pm
    -Not forgetting to use my Plant Nanny App
    -Having at least 1 serving of vegetables at every meal
    -At least 50 squats every day

You can make your own .. but I tend to choose something I am currently struggling with.
  • emboslice94
    Options
    When I started, it was really hard, but I just took it one day at a time. Eventually it becomes habit.
  • Chiksoya
    Chiksoya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey can you send me the information as well :)