Stuck In A Rut for BREAKFAST

Options
13»

Replies

• ladyace0007
    Options
    I rarely have anything for breakfast besides oats. But there are so many ways to fix them! Why have anything else?

Overnight oats (especially wonderful in a recently emptied pb jar)
    with blueberries
    with cocoa powder and stevia
    with peanut butter and cheerios
    in pancake form, with egg whites
    mixed with a ripe banana and formed into cookies or muffins
    baked oatmeal (so many flavors, but I'm a fan of apple pie)
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things for breakfast is a sweet potatoe/squash/zuchini hash. It is a little labor intensive on prep but very tasty. You can make a huge plate of it, and it is very low cal, low carb. I add 1-2 tsp of oil to large skilltet. I dice half a sweet potatoe and 1/4 a butternut squash into aprox. 1/2 in cubes. Cook on mediumish heat till they are getting opaqueish and a little tender. I also add a little water in the bottom of pan and put on the lid if its not coookin as fast as I want. Then I dice zucchini yellow summer squash a 1/4 an onion into same cube size. Toss into pan and cook all to your desired tenderness. I sprinkle with a dash of garlic salt and lawrys. Ground rosemary is great too. You can also dice and throw in some meat, I love smoked turkey and ham. Mushrooms,bell peppers, kale and spinach are great to toss in too. This is really just a base I like to play with.