I'm Taking Back "ME"

Options
Hi Everyone, my name is Denise, I'm 41 with 3 boys. I am just starting out once again trying to lose weight once and for all. I just can't go another day like this. I'm tired of existing and not living my life the way I feel I should. I have around 165 pounds to lose to reach my goal. It's a lot and I feel like it will take forever but I have to start somewhere right?! Is's important to me that I succeed this time, I don't want to continue down this raod anymore of feeling hopeless and depressed anymore. I am divorced and it became final about one week ago, on Thanksgiving I found out that my ex-husband has already found a new girlfreind via through my sons, it finally came out although I had a feeling he did. Although I don't seem to really care, it does somewhat sting a bit. We were married for 20 years, you sure get replaced fast! Now I'm left feeling bad about myself and unworthy but all that is going to change as of yesterday. I can and will do this. I really like that song by Katy Perry "Firework", the lyrics are so awesome, they make so much sense to me and it motivates me to move forward, especially now, not only for showing others that I can do it but for myself and my children, they have never ever seen me thin and I want to show them I can do it. So that's my story and I'll take any motivation you all are willing to dish out, lord knows I need it. I so want to be on iBiggest Loser but so does a million other people, I'm going to make a video tape and tryout, we shall see. It's nice to be here, I'm glad I found this site. Night all.

Katy Perry's Song

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again

Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in

Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road

Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Baby you're a firework
Come on slet your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through

Baby you're a firework
Come on slet your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em goin "Oh, oh, oh!"

Boom, boom, boom
Boom, boom, boom

Replies

• meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My seventeen year old daughter plays this song for me every day. It has a beautiful message! You are worth it and you can do this!
  • ecoPeep
    Options
    Right on - kudos to you for taking it back! Life is a rough ride and I'm glad to know you are focusing on YOU! You've got you're plan, your goal and your timeline? Now go get em'. Best to you! ecoPeep :)
  • Peejay13
    Options
    Let your colours shine, this is where it starts!
  • PureBeauty
    Options
    I am right there with you. Women are so easily lost in there families and as time passes a piece of you more and more changes and eventually yourself is lost whether it be via physically, mentally or spiritually, but I am on the same mission to get back to me... lets do this. stick in there chica!!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site that celebrates YOU......you will find much needed encouragement here. Thanks for the song, and all the best in your journey to finding you again..... :)
    Lianne
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Great site, great information, great support. You'll love it!
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't give up and be sure to give in sometimes. This site is great for support and be sure to use any other support you have in your personal life to get through your "times." We all have them. (this coming from a not only replaced woman but overlapped one!). Your children need you to feel good about yourself so let's do this all the way. I was 41 with 3 girls at one time, single, and didn't take enough charge of my life. So proud of your for taking these steps. Add me as a friend if you like. Woot. Let's DO IT!
  • power90girl
    Options
    dont give up
  • power90girl
    Options
    dont give up
  • mrsayevoe
    Options
    You Can do it! You Can do it! You can do it! Just stay focused, and you will reach your goals!
  • megan_mp
    Options
    165 pounds seems like a daunting task, but it CAN be done. And it will be done by you, one pound at a time. It sounds like you already got rid of some dead weight in your life (the ex), so considering that a stepping stone!

Add me as a friend if you like...we're all here to support each other!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the great comments and support. I'm so glad I found this site its awesome! You all seem to be doing so well and are so positive, I love it, its what I need right now in my life. I don't have any real friends so this is nice to have all of you. I'm seriously all alone, my parents and my sister live close by me and I'm glad for that but its not the same as having any real friends to hang out with and talk with. I moved so much when I was younger that I just lost touch with them all and that really stinks. On a good note, I did good with my caloric intake yesterday and I tried to do some kettle bell exercise, it was hard and man am I paying the price for it now as I am so very sore with what little I did do. I know I will get stronger in time. I don't want this to be like all the other times, I want to see it through this time to reach my goal to feel good about myself and my life and I sure as heck don't want to be alone forever. When I feel good about myself then the time will come for me to start dating again but for now, its all about me, I just won't settle again. I just need to keep motivated and keep coming back here talking to all of you. I seem to do real good during the day with my diet but when night time comes that is when I have the most problems of over eating, especially because I stay up really late. I need to start going to bed earlier but I'm a night owl so its hard. If anyone has any tips on controlling night time eating I could sure use some. I'm excited this time and excited to be here, something may have finally clicked. For those of you who have offered to befriend me, I'm not sure how the add a friend thing works, I only know how to accept a friendship. Thanks so much all for your positive support. :happy:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am an evening muncher too, what I do is save some calories specifically for those munchies. Pre preparing good snacks (carrot sticks celery ect) and leaving them in the fridge ready for when the munchies strike makes it easier to make good choices, but I also allow myself one 'treat' a day (as long as its withing my cals for the day) I love the chocolate skinny cow icecreams, or a small bar of chocolate, or a cookie etc so I've had a sweet taste. Having a little of something sweet stops me craving it to the extent that I go on a huge binge and eat everything in sight.

Good luck with your journey, remember its one day at a time. We have all fallen off the wagon at one time or another, but its the getting back on that counts:flowerforyou:
  • KJ514
    KJ514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise,
    I just joined MFP today and went to the message board and yours was the first post I read. We have a lot in common! My 20 year marriage ended earlier this year. My ex started dating months before the divorce was even final. I know what you mean about how it stings to be replaced so easily. Makes it hard to feel good about yourself. I don't know how the site works but If we can figure out how to add each other as friends, we could help each other through this difficult time. I have some great friends but none of them live close by and they are all happily married. It would be nice to talk to someone who can relate! Good luck to you! Hope to chat with you sometime!
    Karen
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Everyone here believes in you! Let us know how we can help you succeed and we'll all chip in to make it happen.

Shannon