BORING Salad!

Options
2»

Replies

• SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really like sweet salads. Chicken, apple chunks, cranberries, raisins, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds. Augh, so good. I got the idea from Jason's Deli (the Nutty salad) and just started making it on my own.

I don't use a dressing, but I'm sure that cranberry dressing I typically see on the grocery store shelf would be awesome if that's your thing.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    I like to mix sauce and some organo in salads. just try this! I hope you love to take your salads.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity: do you toss your dressing in or just pour it on top? I can't stand poured-on dressing...the first 1/3 of the salad is just blanketed with flavorful ooze, and then you end up eating plain greens for the last 1/3.

Pour a bit of dressing in the bottom of a bowl and mix the salad in it w/your hands until every leaf is just lightly coated. You'll probably use a lot less dressing this way as well.
  • biochef
    Options
    I have a various salad options. Just check below links for the recipes. Hope you like.

1. Semi Dried Tomato and Rocket Salad
    http://www.biochef.com.au/recipes/semi-dried-tomato-and-rocket-salad/

2. Tofu and Egg Salad
    http://www.biochef.com.au/recipes/tofu-and-egg-salad/

3. Watercress and Orange Salad
    http://www.biochef.com.au/recipes/watercress-and-orange-salad/
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Latest fave is Chicken Salad (made with a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt instead of mayo, a little bit of diced onion, almond slivers and a couple diced up dried apricots. Served over your choice of greens (I prefer spinach or romaine) it is divine! No dressing needed.
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great salad ideas! Definitely going to be making a shopping list!
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you really love your feta and olives as I do but want to reduce the salt simply store them in fresh water and change it every two days or so. The water will draw the excess salt from the cheese and olives but they will still taste pretty nice.

Avocado, mango, pine nuts, bocconcini cheese, and hard goats cheese is nice in a salad as well.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My salad are typically

Some kind of green leaf (spinach/cos/lettuce)
    Avocado
    Pine nuts
    Mixed seeds (sesame/sunflower/pumpkin)
    Feta cheese
    Cold meat (any kind really)
    Some pesto

Other things I have added to my salads include:

Roast vegetables left over from the night before (pumpkin and potato
    Boiled egg
    Left over pasta
    Freshly cooked scrambeled eggs
    Diced lamb