What beer has the least amount of calories but the most alco

Options
I've been trying to find a beer that isn't high in calories. I just bought Select 55 tonight which is only 55 calories but I did some research and the alcohol content is only 2.4. Now I wish I had bought something else....

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Coors light has 102, but it's not too much stronger than the Select 55. It does taste more like beer and less like water however.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    MGD Light 64 is the lightest beer. Not sure of the amount of alcohol in it.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I'm throwing back a few Bacardi Razz's tonight since I already sabotaged my calorie goal with Thanksgiving dinner.
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I'll look that up.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    corona lite is 99 cals, and like 4.5% i think.
  • deblu
    Options
    MGD light 64 has 2.8 percent alcohol content not much more than Select 55. I think I would rather drink a regular beer. I wonder if wine has less calories per alcohol content.
  • deblu
    Options
    Okay I just did some research on Corona light and it has 109 calories and 4.5 %. Hmmm maybe I should of got that. I'm so disappointed with my Select 55 I almost want to go back to the store and get something else.
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite is 96 cals and my favorite!!!!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Corona? That's what I drink. I believe it's about the same % as other beers, but it doesn't contain gluten (or @ least very little) so it brings the calories down a little.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I'm not a big Corona fan. I'd rather drink a Miller Light any day though!
  • deblu
    Options
    Miller Lite is 96 calories and 4.2 % I think I would rather a little more calories for more alcohol.
  • scrap the beer and get some whiskey!!! :D
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I've always wondered how many calories is in liquor like rum and vodka. When I go to the bar I always get captain and diet coke.
  • 50 cals per shot of bacardi white
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Budweiser Wild Blue-blueberry lager. 200 calories a bottle and 12% alcohol
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    To begin with, any alcoholic beverage will SLOW down your weight loss. Beer has a high salt content but has a tendency to dehydrate the body.

If you cannot bear to avoid alcohol intake then you have a serious addiction to it. Seek counseling.

Alcohol also INCREASES the total cholesterol profile in the fact that it raises the TRIGLYCERIDE LEVELS extremely high. That metabolizes to a sugar in the blood which changes to FAT. If you're also a tobacco user, then you are clogging up major arteries in your heart while also covering the heart with gunky yellow fat.

You appear to be very young right now but, in a few years, you may find that you'll needlessly be suffering from multiple medical issues.

You are taking steps now to become healthier. Are you ready to make a total commitment to changing to a healthy lifestyle or not?
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Everclear (1oz): 190 proof, 190 calories, 27g of alcohol. You could have half or a fourth an oz and it would still have a better calorie/alcohol ratio.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra is good
  • deblu
    Options
    Hmmm whiskey, I might have to start drinking some whiskey:wink: I will have to try the blueberry beer, yum
  • deblu
    Options
    Fitzie63, just because I want to drink a couple of drinks once or twice a week doesn't mean I have a drinking problem. If that were the case everyone I know has a problem. I don't smoke, are you assuming I smoke because I'm drinking? I'm not that young either, I'm 33. Thanks everyone else for all the tips....now I better go check myself into rehab:sad: