I feel like Rocky!

Options
boxpunk
boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
For the past few weeks I've been walking 3.5 miles a night, jogging some of the way before I felt like dying. My first time was about 90 minutes, and little by little it has decreased. my time tonight was 65 minutes and I was able to jog about 30% of it. jogging the length of three telephone polls seven or eight times. The best thing is that when I would stop, I didn't feel like was about to die, and I wasn't even out of breath. I stopped because my knee and ankle felt like they were about to give out, but I was still able to do it. Even now, I don't feel tired. I feel that that was a warm up and I am ready for more.

At 270 lbs, I can finish 3.5 miles in 65 minutes, and I plan on shaving that time down even more tomorrow night. considering a month ago I would be catching my breath from just getting out of bed or off the couch to not having to catch my breath after jogging and walking, I feel frickin awesome! :happy:

I feel like Rocky after he ran up all those damn stairs. If I knew how to insert the little clip thing, you bet I would. Whooo! :bigsmile:

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    2nqdr1g.gif
  • boxpunk
    Options
    2nqdr1g.gif

thank you :bigsmile:
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Just goes to show that you don't have to wait until you are at goal to start working out.

When you are down about 40lbs, go to a sports store and try on a weighed vest. It will amaze you at what you were able to accomplish at your current weight.

Congrats!!!!
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow...awesome job. You are motivating me too do more").
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    More power to your elbow:smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep working hard Rocky!!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wtg!! That's such a great feeling!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Great job! That mean's you're getting into shape!

Proud of you!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I know exactly how you feel. I started running at about 315 lbs and I was soooo slow. Like, mall walkers could have passed me when I thought I was running my fastest. I finished my first 5K at just under 60 minutes. I'm finally at about 45 minutes and it feels absolutely amazing.

I'm really happy for you! Keep going!
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! Thats a great achievement, you should feel very proud that you have made changes and that in only in 1 month you have achieved so much!
    Congratulations
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So full of win :) Congratulations!!
  • boxpunk
    Options
    thank you everyone. the weighted vest sounds awesome. I have some ankle weights, but I have to wait till my ankles are thin enough to use them,
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! keep up the great work! very inspiring
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I did an hour or aerobics and then began c25k today so I'm feeling mighty good too!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!