Stuck for WEEKS of no loss....help! Diary is open!

Options
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get my weight loss moving again. I have been stuck at the same weight (sometimes higher...Grrr) for weeks now. I used to follow a 1200 calorie diet, but I have increased my calories and try to increase my protein, but no such luck. I have opened my diary for any suggestions on what I can do. Please forgive my Saturday and Friday night logging. Lol (Sunday I was low cause I wasn't feeling too well) I'm embarrassed about those days...but if anything, I would think the higher calories would have shook things up for me to get things moving in the right direction again. Any good advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I def. agree with the more protein, aim for 0.8 grams per lb of body weight as a minimum.

Are you weighing all of your solid foods and measuring liquids? If not you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are.

Are you eating back cals burned from 3exercise? If yes, how are you calculating those calories, many methods tend to over estimate the burn.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    A few questions; how long is 'weeks'? It takes time for the weight to eventually shift.

Are you weighing and measuring everything? Even your condiments and cooking oil? Your juices and soda's?
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    im the same, i lost some weight but its stopped now, iv increased my exercise and log everything i eat :( i still need to loose another 15-20 lb!
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I def. agree with the more protein, aim for 0.8 grams per lb of body weight as a minimum.

Are you weighing all of your solid foods and measuring liquids? If not you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are.

Are you eating back cals burned from 3exercise? If yes, how are you calculating those calories, many methods tend to over estimate the burn.
    I do measure most things (cereal and milk goes in a measuring cup first etc) Most of my liquids are water. I haven't been eating my calories back only because a Dr and nutritionist said if you do, you could maintain your weight. I do on occasion eat them...but mostly I don't. I enter my "burned calories" by my heart rate. So I have manually entered all exercise instead of using the MFP database.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Well,looked back to feb. 1st and that day in particular you didn't log everything. If you're not losing weight, you're eating more than you think. It's really that simple. Put everything that isn't a liquid on a digital scale. Use the gram and ounce entries in the database. Not the "1/2 an avacado" ones. I think you'll be surprised what a portion is
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    A few questions; how long is 'weeks'? It takes time for the weight to eventually shift.

Are you weighing and measuring everything? Even your condiments and cooking oil? Your juices and soda's?
    Weeks...I would say since right around New Years....It's very irritating knowing I'm doing everything "right" (or so I think). I don't drink juice or soda, if I do, it's a diet soda maybe once a month. Yep, I use my measuring spoons to put oil in my pans before cooking.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Well,looked back to feb. 1st and that day in particular you didn't log everything. If you're not losing weight, you're eating more than you think. It's really that simple. Put everything that isn't a liquid on a digital scale. Use the gram and ounce entries in the database. Not the "1/2 an avacado" ones. I think you'll be surprised what a portion is
    That's a good idea, thanks. For fruits and things like that, I just normally enter 1/2, 1/4, etc...I will start weighing them. Especially when I get on a fatting avocado kick!
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    im the same, i lost some weight but its stopped now, iv increased my exercise and log everything i eat :( i still need to loose another 15-20 lb!
    Frustrating isn't it!?!? Good luck to you! We WILL get there...Hopefully sooner than later. :)
  • JobyHux
    JobyHux Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Are you increasing protein intake for muscle growth? Muscle weights more then fat, so scales and muscle building don't well go together.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, thanks. For fruits and things like that, I just normally enter 1/2, 1/4, etc...I will start weighing them. Especially when I get on a fatting avocado kick!

Absolutely. Those and peanut butter. Anything very calorie dense are more often than not, quite a bit more calories than the generic entries. I was amazed when II actually started using a scale as opposed to measuring cups.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated. You've lost 40 lbs so far, that is a great accomplishment. Good luck
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    This is a great read-n-follow advice from SideSteel & Sarauk2sf, two excellent MFP that help a lot of people.

The title says it all "Started on Your Path to Sexy Pants"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants&page=2#posts-18427313
  • TaurusV
    Options
    maybe excessive or randomly excessive fat in some days (not all days). I dont like eating bacon, pork or potato with mayo salad, except some butter here or some olive oil line to cook. Maybe if you cut the bacon/pork/mayo? I know when I was young like 13 to 14 I had a phase I loved pure mayo and ate everyday with bread, it was the time in my life I was most chubby lol.

But each person has its own metabolism. I cant eat cereals makes me bloated and I gain weight, but some people eat cereals (those sugary ones) a lot for breakfast, dinner etc and gain no weight and have good digestion. : )
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I do measure most things (cereal and milk goes in a measuring cup first etc) Most of my liquids are water. I haven't been eating my calories back only because a Dr and nutritionist said if you do, you could maintain your weight. I do on occasion eat them...but mostly I don't. I enter my "burned calories" by my heart rate. So I have manually entered all exercise instead of using the MFP database.

With cereal you should be using a digital scale, using measuring cups can lead to eating well over 1.5 servings when trying to measure 1. Always weigh solid foods, measuring solids does not work.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Are you increasing protein intake for muscle growth? Muscle weights more then fat, so scales and muscle building don't well go together.
    That's kind of a tricky question for me. I would like more muscle, I do have a decent amount of muscle. But right now, my main point is losing the fat. I have heard and read that adding more protein helps with hunger, and can help lose the unwanted fat. Granted, I have lost inches since New Years, but have not lost inches since Jan 24. I am the same measurements since then.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much it's that simple. Go back to basics out your figures into mfp eat a portion of your exercise calories and make sure you measure and weigh all your food. Give that s few weeks then adjust accordingly
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've taken a look at it. for the last month. You're eating a good variety of foods but don't seem to be meeting your protein goal, however you aren't so low that it would be stalling your weight loss. Your sugars are great, but fat intake is often quite high and your sodium is very high many days. If you aren't weighing then it is possible that you are underestimating how much you are eating, and when your fat intake is already high then under-reporting of those high-fat foods here could be where a lot more calories are coming into your diet than you realise.

The sodium seems to be coming from a lot of processed foods, e.g. the Lean Cuisine meals, and many processed meats.

The other thing I notice are things like 'lasagne' or 'tuna salad' - are these from your own entered recipes or are you just searching for a generic meal in the database? This could be another source of underreported calories.
  • JagerLewis
    Options

With cereal you should be using a digital scale, using measuring cups can lead to eating well over 1.5 servings when trying to measure 1. Always weigh solid foods, measuring solids does not work.
    But if the box says a serving is 3/4 of a cup...how do I know how many grams that should be?
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Hi, I've taken a look at it. for the last month. You're eating a good variety of foods but don't seem to be meeting your protein goal, however you aren't so low that it would be stalling your weight loss. Your sugars are great, but fat intake is often quite high and your sodium is very high many days. If you aren't weighing then it is possible that you are underestimating how much you are eating, and when your fat intake is already high then under-reporting of those high-fat foods here could be where a lot more calories are coming into your diet than you realise.

The sodium seems to be coming from a lot of processed foods, e.g. the Lean Cuisine meals, and many processed meats.

The other thing I notice are things like 'lasagne' or 'tuna salad' - are these from your own entered recipes or are you just searching for a generic meal in the database? This could be another source of underreported calories.
    I don't think I've ever eaten a lean cuisine meal.. But yes, when it says chili, soup, tuna salad, etc. those are my recipes.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    But if the box says a serving is 3/4 of a cup...how do I know how many grams that should be?
    [/quote]

Usually in parentheses right after the 3/4 cup you'll see the grams.