Day after a bad binge?

Options
13»

Replies

• glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Keep healthy food in your fridge. That way if and when you binge again, you'll binge on healthier food and it won't be as bad. I don't personally have a problem with fast food because I don't like going places by myself and I've never talked at a drive through window in my life (I always had whoever else was in the car do it, lol).
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    its horrible and I feel so disgusting and bloated:(

Great. Write down exactly how it feels on a piece of paper.

Leave this piece of paper somewhere handy, like your wallet.

Next time you're about to binge, pull out the piece of paper. Do you want to feel like this again?

Also works for motivating one into exercise.
  • kaylagaston13
    Options
    I just went to a baby shower for my aunt yesterday and couldn't stop myself from over indulging on the sweets, cause it's not often I get any at all. Anyways I felt like crap the rest of the day, intestinal cramping, bloating and complete loss of energy, not to mention extreme crankiness. So, today I started with a black coffee, oatmeal with cinnamon, and no sugar/no fat dempsters toast with more cinnamon. I'm also starting with my water intake. So what I've done and has worked for me before is upping the fiber to obviously get things moving, the water to help that, and the cinnamon actually helps with the indigestion and bloating. I've also heard cinnamon influences how sugar is metabolized, helping prevent turning the sugar into fat. I'm not sure, but it sure does help me feel a lot better.
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about it, life happens on occasion. Just go forth with eating healthy, I normally start my day with a Green Smoothie and eat non-heavy foods for the next day.
  • rdeysher
    Options
    Move on.

Seriously, that's my best advice. Don't dwell on it. Just move on.

I agree here! I have done it before too. I really do it at least once a month but as long as I get back on track quickly I don't see a difference in my weight or the way my clothes fit. Just move on and be good 95% of the time and you will be fine! Can't be perfect all the time! :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Verbally abusing yourself is how you get to be unhealthy in the first place. Change. Accept what you've done to your body, love yourself anyways and move on to do better today. Big hugs!!! :flowerforyou:

ETA: I would know I weigh 326. Changing your mind about yourself isn't easy but just start with today!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well yep they moved on... and deactivated their account.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Love all the advice to drink lots of water or tea, try to figure out why it happened to avoid it in the future, to move on, & forgive yourself. Only thing to add, is that I will also often food fast the next day. I usually still feel full & a little ill the next day if I go way over, so it's not hard to fast. I just drink lots of water, tea, & skim milk (to get my daily calcium), & take my vitamins. I don't have any research links to back it up, but feel like my body just needs a break day to recover. But it should be an infrequent occurrence, because regular fasting (more than 1 day a week) isn't good for women. Also, while I really don't feel hungry when I do this, if you're concerned fasting might lead to another binge, then I wouldn't do it. Maybe just try to skip breakfast, lunch if you can, & eat healthy & normal, sticking to your diet, if you start feeling too hungry. I'd venture to say that most of us have days like this at times.
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That happened on Friday for me. Pigged out at a potluck, felt like crap, slept bad, got up and went for a 3 hr hike and burned off 1120 calories according to my Garmin, or twice that according to MFP.

Falling off the wagon is part of the journey. Just hop back onto the program asap and get on with it. Oh, and try to remember how crappy you feel right now so maybe it'll have some influence the next time you are tempted. If you're a slow learner like me, you may need to do it a few times, but it'll sink in eventually.

:smile:
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm on maintenance and don't see these deviations as anything other than what life is like now. Life now is mainly good peppered with some hols/social events/days off. I don't hit massive numbers at w/e but I do eat at a small deficit all week so that I can "over eat" at w/e if I wish to.

I do still feel wibbly about it of course, no one wants to re-gain but I see no point in worrying AFTER the event! Worry before and don't do it or do it and move on, self flagellation solves nothing and only feeds the brain monkey and he loves a good reason to make you feel rubbish!

DON'T FEED THE BRAIN MONKEY!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well yep they moved on... and deactivated their account.

I guess they didn't get the answer they wanted.
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Binging is tough. Just remember how you feel right now the next time you have the urge to binge! Tell yourself that you do not want to feel that way again and hold yourself to it!
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have those days like four times a month (and they're usually all in the same week, thanks to my period - although it's still my choice to put garlic bread and candy bars in my mouth...at the same time). You can't undo what you did, so you have to own it and move on. Listen to everyone who mentioned drinking water; that should help with any potential water weight, and hopefully make it easier to digest and pass whatever that food was before it entered your stomach.

If you're worroed about weight loss, don't freak out. One day doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as long as the calories average out. One easy way to look at this is, just as an example, say you're supposed to eat 1500 calories a day. That means you get 10,500 calories a week. Now let's say you eat 2000 cals on Monday. You're 500 calories over your goal...so log ahead and plan to eat either 100 calories under your goal for the next five days OR eat at goal and work off 250 calories two days that week OR any combination that gets you to a 500 calorie overall deficit. It will still balance out and you shouldn't gain weight. That said, 4000 is a lot to compensate for...do what you REASONABLY can to balance things out (meaning don't starve yourself and potentially binge again) and do better next week. Pre-logging helps me keep on track. Good luck!