Not going to have net acces for three days...!

Options
Ok so the weather where I live (an hour from work) is so icy and snowy that I have to go up to the city I work in and stay with my cousin (who has no net access) for the next three days because commute times have gone from an hour to nearly three hours each way due to weather!!

I used to do Weightwatchers so what I'm thinking is that I can bring all the books/info I have for that plan- it uses a similar kind of quiz to MFP to gauge how many points you need to eat a day, e.g. activity level, age, height, current weight etc. Then I was going to count 'points' for the next few days so at least I won't be entirely off track, what you guys think of that?

Replies

• rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like it's time for a new phone. Many of them work with MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile

That way you don't need the net at all. The books are a great substitute if the phone is out of the question.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sounds good enough.
    Another way would be to plan the days ahead of time and print the plan to take with you but spending time with a friend, you'll probably get some surprises..

Btw. The phone app is great and it works offline too! I spent two weeks in Turkey last summer with my phone hooked to the hotel wifi being my only net access. I ate mostly out and usually my loggings were guess work because I usually didn't have a clue what was in what but it went great weight loss wise too. Not to mention that I had a lot of fun!
  • Tinkerbell785
    Options
    Phone is a no go as I'm leaving in an hour so don't have time to get one but you've definitely given me a reason to invest in a new one!! Think the WW books will have to do for the minute so hopefully things go well - it's his apartment I'm staying in but I'll be there on my own so at least there shouldn't be too many surprises food-wise as I can do some shoppping and make my own meals and bring lunch to work, keep the fingers crossed for me anyways!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    When I went to Ohio for a few days, I called a friend and had her log my food for me into MFP. I didn't have any way of knowing exactly what the count was until the end of the day when I called her, but I had an idea of what a healthy portion size was... I didn't go over once!