jackie warner "this is why your fat" diet plan/book

Options
Has anybody read this book or tried her diet plan or workout dvds? I have just read through the book and am interested in finding out other people's thoughts on it and if this diet and workout plan has worked for you and how well.

Replies

• SharonsJetSet
    Options
    This is the first I've heard of it. What's your thoughts on what you read?
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I skimmed throught the book, when I was in the library, and I watch a few episodes of INTERVENTION... very intresting :)
  • Rubes
    Rubes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I doubt this is what you are talking about.....but it will give insight as to why some of us are overweight
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    First I've heard of it- so I went to Amazon.com they let you see the beginning of the books (table of contents and 1st chapter)- looks interesting!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I doubt this is what you are talking about.....but it will give insight as to why some of us are overweight

Don't go there! That website makes me hungry. :laugh:

Haven't read it, but I am trying to find some good reading material right now.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting this as my next to read. After previewing it is very similar to Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism. Jackie Warners version seems a little more tailored to real life as she gives 2 meals a week to eat whatever you want. I haven't been able to stick with the rules (especially because of the holidays) so I plan on starting this more strictly in the beginning of the year.
  • You can read the details if you google "jackie warner diet plan"

The plan is basically this:

1st 2 weeks -- don't change the way you eat -- just make sure you eat the following things everyday in addition to the other stuff: 1 cup oatmeal, 2 eggs, 3-4 veggies, 2 fruits, whey protien and ... something else, I can't remember.

Week 3 and onward -- its a 5+2 Plan ... 5 days you eat very clean based on her died and the other two days you can have 1 cheat meal each day of up to 1500 calories, but you eat clean the rest of the day.

Exercise -- 25 min of cardio a day ... which sounds really easy until you TRY it... It's interval training and it is meant to just about kill you. For those of us who are out of shape, I recommend starting a little smaller than her base (but not too much).

strength training in a 30 minute circuit style. She shows VERY detailed examples and programs in the book, but she also has DVDs of them you can buy. She doesn't have you add strength training until week 3, but I have been doing some already and decided to leave it in my program.

She talks a lot bout how hormone levels effect your metabolism and how we need to eat right and supplement to bring everything into balance for maximum weight loss and health. She doesn't believe in starving or skipping meals. You do eat very good on her diet -- lots of lean protien, healthy carbs, healthy fats and even treat days. She also says SUGAR IS THE DEVIL and it is what makes us fat and sick and unhealthly, along with lack of exercise.

I am going to try her plan and see how I do. I have the book from the library for the next six weeks. Does anybody want to try it with me?
  • lucy65
    lucy65 Posts: 22
    Options
    i have the book and follow her plan and my husband does as well. during the 2 week add in phase i lost 9 pounds my hubby 12. she has you adding in good things like eggs, veggies, fruits and a whey shake and oatmeal. basically, i was so stuffed from adding in i wasn't eating the junk i normally did. i tossed in a 20 minute interval cardio program on my treadmill and that's it for the first 2 weeks.

she suggests keeping sugars under 5 but no more than 9 grams per meal. once we started going through our cupboards we were pretty shocked at how many grams were in things we thought were good. we never counted calories just watched sugar grams. joined mfp to track my nutrients. sodium is sugar's evil twin i think. lol

i do better when i have a guide ( like her menus ). now after eating better and moving for almost 3 months down 22 pounds and 4 of that is since i joined mfp:)

we really her dvds too. good luck! hope this helps")
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information on this. It sounds interesting and effective. I may have to give it a try.
  • yeah, the sugar thing is both an eyeopener and an issue.... I know that some sugars are okay for you, like the ones in fruit. She wants us to eat 2 fruits a day -- but my cup of blackberries has 7 g of sugar -- 2 more than her 5g snack limit, and almost enough for a whole meal :( I'm sure it will take me the entire first two weeks to get my sugar intake down to something close to reasonable for this diet. But I agree that is a good thing.
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I just read this book over the weekend and thought it was really interesting? Is anyone still doing the plan? How did it work for you???