How do YOU cope with Break ups?

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    By having a nervous breakdown, hating myself for not being good enough for anybody and locking myself away like a recluse.
    Are we going to have to have a stern talk again, sir?? :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • I carried on....

I found comfort in having a consistent routine...and frankly I got so busy that a few months out I realised I hadn't even thought about him for a LONG time...

it was refreshing to know when it came down to living life, living it in the present was much more important than living it in the past.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Give yourself 2 weeks to cry and get it out your system. Then get out there and get busy. You can take the get busy part however you want :) But do something
    #ForgettingSarahMarshall

I've never seen that. Any good?
    Haha, oh yeah, it's quite good. Specially the Fire Truck scene. Recommend <3.

Will look for it on netflix :drinker:
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years last week. I've been coping with massive amounts of wine, like a lot. This week I plan on hitting the gym harder to get some frustration out.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    Rebound dating!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Transformation/positive changes! Changing up the music I listen to, the décor of my home, even the foods I eat...which happened with my most recent breakup (divorce) and then once a lot of transforming has been done, I start dating new guys (which I did after my divorce and met my awesome now-husband) :-)

Honestly I never really felt that breakups were that terrible. Kind of an opportunity to recreate my life.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Working out more, sleeping a lot at times i wouldn't usually and sleeping a lot less at times i'd normally sleep like a baby. Break ups suck!
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Lots of junk food, booze and crying while I *kitten*.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    O.O
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Transformation/positive changes! Changing up the music I listen to, the décor of my home, even the foods I eat...which happened with my most recent breakup (divorce) and then once a lot of transforming has been done, I start dating new guys (which I did after my divorce and met my awesome now-husband) :-)

Honestly I never really felt that breakups were that terrible. Kind of an opportunity to recreate my life.

:heart:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    When my BF of 10 months broke up with me, I didn't eat much for the following 3-4 months. Then when I hadn't found anyone to fill the hole,
    george-clooney-descendants.gif
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

We are kindred spirits! Haha or you were spying on me last week. :laugh:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    By having a nervous breakdown, hating myself for not being good enough for anybody and locking myself away like a recluse.

Just saying how it is!
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Go on date after date after date... once you get more money on pay day you continue. lol
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Just saying how it is!
    We're going to have to have that talk again! :(
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    I kind of stop eating...... it's never good. I'm hungry, I'll load my plate up, and then I'll look at it, and just be like "ewwwwww no" and only eat a few bites. You drop pounds quick but it's not a healthy way to do it lol
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mwrud25xm61qz5q5lo1_500.gif
    was going to say minus the toga.....but....probably not.....\m/
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In tough break ups or situations, I would circle the wagons and make improvements in my life. That would mean working harder at work, eating better, exercising more. I knew thats how I would feel better, like an inventory and then a cleansing. Always so much in my life to be thankful for, just had to focus on that, and focus on being a better person

Good luck
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When my BF of 10 months broke up with me, I didn't eat much for the following 3-4 months. Then when I hadn't found anyone to fill the hole,
    george-clooney-descendants.gif

Ricky-Gervais-Hysterical-Laughter.gif