fruit to curb my demonic chocolate/ice cream consumption.

Options
2»

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Or you can just portion your servings and still maintain your love of chocolate/ice cream.

This. A serving of ice cream has less than 200 calories and usually in the mid 20s for grams of sugar. I like apples and peanut butter too however 1 medium apple and 1 serving of peanut butter will get you 300 calories and just under the sugar that your ice cream serving would have...and you still aren't getting the ice cream.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    I work out a lot and fluctuate quite a bit. I know mainly my weight gains are caused by overreating and my love of Reeses cups, ice cream, brownies, etc. I also like fruit and hoping the natural sugars will help me ween off to a much healthier alternative.

IMO and this is just my opinion, there is no substituting chocolate with fruit. I can't imagine having an apple over an reeses cup and being satisfied. I like apples but it's just a different type of satisfaction than with chocolate.

Do you binge when eating chocolate?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You could combine the two and get a little bit of both worlds. Like dipping an apple in nutella. You'll be satisfied from the bulk of the apple, but still get the taste of nutella.

Or Lotus Cookie Spread in Creamy or Crunchy. I could eat that stuff by the spoonful.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up dark chocolate. Absolutely refuse. I want my "diet" to be permanent, so I have to make this work without feeling like I'm depriving myself of the things that make me happy.

Not to mention, while not exactly low in calories nor in fat, dark chocolate has an overwhelming of health benefits. Sometimes you just have to accept your cravings and look at the glass of chocolate milk half full. Just find a way to work it into your calories!

As with all my "weakness foods", I keep them separated into "single servings" so that my calorie count is easy to keep track of. (For example, I home-make two dark chocolate/almond square sizes that are about either 75 or 150 calories each. I found that if I didn't pre-make and then separate my squares into the servings, then I would just wander into the kitchen and just dig into my dark chocolate bag... naughty! When I started separating them into servings/calories, I became much more aware of my intake... and thusly a bit more watchful!)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    One banana, chocolate unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter and ice in the blender. Cravings taken care of :heart: :love: :heart:

This sounds good!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oranges have been my thing lately. It takes time to peel them...so they aren't a quick snack. I always joke that I'm going to get diabetes from eating too much fruit. I also love apples or bananas with almond butter. But I still crave chocolate.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Yah doesn't work for me...I just portion out my chocolate (chocolate covered almonds lately) and eat what fits in my calorie goal.

Have you tried chocolate covered JuJubes ?
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit anyway, but my husband bought me these 90 calorie fiber one brownies and they are pretty good!
    At the end of the day when I need something sweet, I usually have room for 90 calories and the brownie really hits the spot.
    Have a little to avoid a binge when you eat everything but and still want it!

I like the Fiber 1 brownies too... the chocolate ones as well as coffee cake. I will say, though, be careful with them.. haha! I get a lot of fiber in my diet from other sources, so if I have these Fiber brownies too often, it is a little too much fiber for my system... I'm fine having them every few days, though. They're pretty tasty.
  • hayleysuel
    hayleysuel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I buy a bag of frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries & blackberries) and process maybe a 1/2 cup in the food processor/blender & mix with a small ammount of lite/regular cool whip! It's ALMOST like ice cream... Almost..

You could also add a few peices of dark chocolate, shredded coconut... You could dress it up to your liking.