How do YOU cope with Break ups?

Options
124»

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I used to bake when I'd go through a break up. My coworkers loved me then. I'd bring something new every day. Now, I'm happy and have been for the past three years, so they're trying to get me to fake break up with my fiance so they can reap the benefits lol
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I comforted myself with new shoes, booze, and boys with tattoos.

Ha! I all seriousness, I was a disaster for a few months, barely did a thing. Then I hit the gym hard, and started trying to be the best me possible. I never did fall into the eat everything trap. I usually go the other way when upset, and eat nothing.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Call her at 3:15 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:20 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:25 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:30 pm, hung over, to ask her if she wants to have the restraining order lifted... for old time's sake.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Call her at 3:15 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:20 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:25 am, drunk, to ask her if she wants to fool around for old time's sake.
    Call her at 3:30 pm, hung over, to ask her if she wants to have the restraining order lifted... for old time's sake.

:laugh:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I respond to most stressful situations by working out more, but also by eating more.
    That being said, break ups have stopped being stressful once i turned 20, because i no longer have a heart.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just try to get out of there before the guy starts crying.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    cry,yell,not eat ...eat a lot
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well the old way would be to drink and then drink some more, write, and cry till I passed out, and repeat the next day with other self-sabotage thrown in for bad measure...

The new and IMPROVED way would be to work out a LOT more, and perhaps cry myself to sleep at an early bedtime, talk to friends, write it out... :)

Make healthy choices. You need to take extra care of yourself right now as you have a future ahead of this break up. Why not use it as a catalyst to make yourself that much better?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been with the same woman for over 13 years now. When I was dumped as a teen, I just went about my daily life with friends until I found someone I was attracted to who reciprocated the attraction and went from there. I guess you have a period of feeling rejected or unworthy, but that fades as soon at you find someone else -- at least it did for me.

No idea what I would do if my current relationship ended. It's pretty much my entire life... hmm I don't want to think about it.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    These are so pretty amazing responses. lol Many are quite hilarious. Just broke up with my dude on Friday, but I was just curious how others cope. I basically (as many have mentioned) make myself look as hot as possible and work out and go on about my business. At least with this one I did. I imagine that's how I will react if any break ups happen from this point forward.
  • NekaMaye88
    Options
    When my BF of 10 months broke up with me, I didn't eat much for the following 3-4 months. Then when I hadn't found anyone to fill the hole,
    george-clooney-descendants.gif

Ricky-Gervais-Hysterical-Laughter.gif

lol
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Interesting question. After a break up I found my appetite to be dramatically decreased. I can't seem to enjoy a meal with everything that goes on. And I tend to drink a lo in my effort to numb things out but it only makes things worse after it wears offt. I find heart break to be a very dark and Lonly place. I don't deal with it in the most healthy of matters I know. Sucks being promised forever. And not see forever happen. It's amazing how a person can affect your happiness for the worst. And seeing them with someone else.... :(
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My roommate will tell you: There was a lot of Celine Dione being played in my room. Then lots of Diablo/Warcraft 2. Oh yeah, I got a hamster. And a PlayStation. Complained about her to other women until those women friend zoned me too. And I gave the hamster away to a child who always wanted one.

That was a looooooong time ago.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Cry.

Get drunk, go out, speak to them, hit them.

two months later and I can say I'm over it mostly
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Drink and smoke cigarettes. A lot.

I better stay single for a while, because my new healthier living won't tolerate much of that!
  • NekaMaye88
    Options
    Lots of junk food, booze and crying while I *kitten*.
    O.O

Haha...guilty of all 3.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Transformation/positive changes! Changing up the music I listen to, the décor of my home, even the foods I eat...which happened with my most recent breakup (divorce) and then once a lot of transforming has been done, I start dating new guys (which I did after my divorce and met my awesome now-husband) :-)

Honestly I never really felt that breakups were that terrible. Kind of an opportunity to recreate my life.

The fear of breaking up paralysed me for years. Yes it was hard but two years later I'm a different and much better person. I still never grew the balls to do it though! It's on my bucket list. To dump Mr Wrong a few times until I meet Mr Right. I just find it hard letting go of people and not recognising if they're doing me any good.

Anyway, working out!! Cardio for the serotonin, anger for the eff yous, lots of tears, shagging gorgeous guys, and wine to let it out with! My friend spent a whole summer getting drunk and then going for 2 hour runs! Brilliant!
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    So...a bat, an alibi, a match, and a rope ;) lol jk jk

I usually go to my dad he always cheers me up :) playing cards and drinking beer with him, my step mom, and a few of his friends is how I spent most of my breakups that and I'll get a hair cut, or dye my hair anything to make me feel new! Out with the old in with the new :).