There go my calories....

Options
Well, we had a caterer bring boxed lunches at work today for a meeting. Each box included a sandwich, chips, and a HUGE cookie. I was careful to select a veggie with no mayo. The plan was to eat the sandwich and donate the chips/cookie (or toss them). After I ate the sandwich and as the meeting lingered on, I figured a couple of chips wouldn't hurt. Next thing I knew the bag was empty. Now I'm down to the last crumb of my chocoate chip chunk cookie. SIGH! I do VERY well when junk foods aren't put in front of me. Otherwise, I can't seem to control myself. ARGH!:grumble: Feeling really bad now...

Replies

• kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whenever you hit a setback have failure feel like giving up you got to just:

Keep moving forward.....

I love this quite from Walt Disney.

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It's one meal, one day. Get a long walk in later and burn up some of those calories.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So funny! I had the same thing happen at a meeting for work at the Hyatt Hotel.. I had the same intention. did the same sandwich pick, took off the top bread.. no mayo... had the INTENTION of giving away the cookie.. but had a bite. killed the cookie and someone else's too lol. ONE MEAL WONT MAKE YOU FAT, JUST LIKE ONE MEAL WONT MAKE YOU SKINNY :)

carry on lovely :)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's one meal, one day. Get a long walk in later and burn up some of those calories.

Yup. Not the end of the world. Hang in there. Everyone has done it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Get some extra exercise. Plan a lighter dinner (an omelet maybe?). Or eat 50 calories less the next few days. Or, just learn from the experience.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well try to get in an extra workout! Tomorrow is a new day. One thing I have recently learned and actually did at the Longhorn Steakhouse...is they brought my meal and I immediately asked for a to-go container, and I made it clear I needed then not at the end of my meal, I then put 1/2 my food in it and set it aside! My daughter who has lost a lot and looks great does that and I though good idea! because for me anyway I'll mindless keep eating until oops it's gone... If faced with cookies or other goodies I give them away, right away before I talk myself into that one bite! If I eat it, I just try to get in an extra workout, might not burn it all but some and hey we are human, don't beat yourself up.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Yup. Not the end of the world. Hang in there. Everyone has done it.

This!
  • lrpeach
    lrpeach Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess the good thing is before I started counting calories I wouldn't have given eating the entire lunch a second thought. Planning on taking my pooch for a very long walk tonight.....Mmmm that was a good cookie! :bigsmile:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons that I feel most people would be more successful looking at their intake on a weekly level rather than daily, especially for the folks eating at a very small intake.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. If you do well the rest of the week, you're good.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess the good thing is before I started counting calories I wouldn't have given eating the entire lunch a second thought. Planning on taking my pooch for a very long walk tonight.....Mmmm that was a good cookie! :bigsmile:

I know! I know! It's sometimes hard not to feel bad when you KNOW you're going a little overboard, especially when you're hyper aware of how many calories are in something you never paid much attention to before.

Just don't beat yourself up over 1 meal or 1 day. Admit to yourself that you went over, and do better the next.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet that it will put hardly a dent in your week. Meetings suck! :smokin:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    You'll be ok.
  • poorbikrchick
    poorbikrchick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As long as you enjoyed it!! I think it would be far worse if the cookie was just okay, and you ate it anyway.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Exactly why I take my own food and goodies to meetings. Our office meeting always consist of some kind of goody. So I take my Adkins bar and eat it along with them.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons that I feel most people would be more successful looking at their intake on a weekly level rather than daily, especially for the folks eating at a very small intake.

^^^^This. Has improved my quality of life greatly.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get over it and move on!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet that it will put hardly a dent in your week. Meetings suck! :smokin:

Not enough to worry about. My first couple weeks on this site had me obsessing over all my levels and my poor wife had to listen to me go on and on about my sugar going over. Eventually, you realize that life happens and you keep moving.

And here's hoping it was Jason's Deli. They used to cater all the meetings at my last job.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Well, we had a caterer bring boxed lunches at work today for a meeting. Each box included a sandwich, chips, and a HUGE cookie. I was careful to select a veggie with no mayo. The plan was to eat the sandwich and donate the chips/cookie (or toss them). After I ate the sandwich and as the meeting lingered on, I figured a couple of chips wouldn't hurt. Next thing I knew the bag was empty. Now I'm down to the last crumb of my chocoate chip chunk cookie. SIGH! I do VERY well when junk foods aren't put in front of me. Otherwise, I can't seem to control myself. ARGH!:grumble: Feeling really bad now...

Specialty's?
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is just one meal, and it won't be detrimental. I pretty much cannot have cookies or chips or stuff like that in front of me and not eat it, and I am definitely known in my office to bring my own food. Also, just veggies and bread for lunch would have me hungry in no time. If I eat like that, I'm doomed to fail. I don't advocate super low carb or much processed meat, but you might have been a lot better off with just the meat and veggies and no bread.