Thankful for food I DON'T like...

Options
A list of foods I am grateful I don't like:
Mayonnaise
Soda
Potato Chips - or anything potato for that matter
Candy that isn't chocolate i.e., Skittles, Starburst, etc.

Unfortunately, that sure leaves a longer list of foods that cause me to fall off the wagon. *Sigh*

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm not keen on cheese, rarely have it and am so glad as the other day I REALLY wanted a cheese and tomato sandwich, looked it up and saw that its 400-600 calories! I still had one but was careful the rest of the day but I'm so glad that cheese isn't on my list of liked foods normally!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Mayonnaise
    Soda

Unfortunately, that sure leaves a longer list of foods that cause me to fall off the wagon. *Sigh*

A fellow mayo-hater! I love it!! I wish I could say I don't like soda, because I do loooove my diet soda. I never could drink regular, though; it makes me feel strange and sugary.

Chips on the other hand... and potatoes... oh, my. I have found I don't crave them as much anymore. Have you noticed that about any of your former favorite foods?
  • nchapman2008
    Options
    i'm not a great fan of chips either, but candy i cant live without .. or soda, but diet soda has like no calories anyway <3
    i have to have mayo with my tuna :) but lighter than light mayo only has like 11 calories and 1g of fat per table spoon!
    :D
    I'm grateful i DON'T like
    chocolate or
    BUTTER :)
    great help! or tea or coffee with sugar, or without sugar.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Adding my thanks for a strong dislike of:
    MAYO!!! (I'm so glad to not be alone in this)
    Potato Salad that's got any creamy dressing (warm German potato salad is so good, though)
    Chai
    milk
    pork roasts, chops, steaks...
    pecan pie
    pie crust
    cheesecake I haven't baked (and, since I only make one every couple of years....)
    eggs benedict
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am thankful I don't like brussel sprouts. Every year my new years resolution is to not eat them. Every year I accomplish my new years resolution. woo.gif
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Oooooo, good post:

I'm thankful I don't care for :

wait for it:

PIZZA....... OR............ PEANUT BUTTER!!!

The amount of posts I see on here that leave people hankering after those 2 when I really could live without them forever :bigsmile:

Wish I felt the same about chocolate!! :laugh:
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Sweets... I really don't like anything sweet.
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am one of those unfortunate people who like just about everything, even brussel sprouts! in fact i really kinda love brussel sprouts :laugh:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am thankful I don't like brussel sprouts. Every year my new years resolution is to not eat them. Every year I accomplish my new years resolution. woo.gif

HA! My husband has a similar, simple lifelong resolution..... I similarly resolve not to eat melon & sweet potatoes (though my kids love them).
  • binary_jester
    Options
    i am one of those unfortunate people who like just about everything, even brussel sprouts! in fact i really kinda love brussel sprouts :laugh:
    ..and you are one of the 6 people managing to keep the brussel sprout industry in business.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

hahah! lmao!!!! me too, those little buggers are nasty..and i love most veggies
    i HATE macaroni salad and i dont like mayo potato salad...pasta and potatos should be warm!
    i hate kettle cooked potato chips, those things are nasty
    i dont like hot dogs
    i dont like kraft mac and cheese (but i do love home made)
    i dont like balogna
    any breakfast item at bk
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I'm thankful that I don't like melted cheese, even if I am getting sick of explaining myself to people.

"WHAT? YOU DON'T LIKE MELTED CHEESE? But... does that mean you don't like pizza?"
    "No, I just order pizza without cheese."
    "BUT THAT'S THE BEST PART!!!"
    "Not if you don't like melted cheese, it isn't..."
    "What about nachos?"
    "I make them without cheese."
    "BUT THAT DISQUALIFIES THEM AS NACHOS! What about...(insert another food that can be made without melted cheese)?"
    "I make it without cheese."
    "But..."
    "Okay, look. You don't like broccoli, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "So you don't eat stir-fry?"
    "I just make it without... ooooooh."
    *FACEPALM*
  • ymamyma
    Options
    ..and you are one of the 6 people managing to keep the brussel sprout industry in business.

Hahahaha. Yeah... I haven't had them in years - it was always the worst day of the year when my mom would make them when I was growing up. The five she'd force me to eat caused an extra hour at the table after everyone else was finished.

Truth be told, I was waiting for the dog to come over, so I could try to get her to eat them!
  • ymamyma
    Options
    I'm thankful that I don't like melted cheese, even if I am getting sick of explaining myself to people.

"WHAT? YOU DON'T LIKE MELTED CHEESE? But... does that mean you don't like pizza?"
    "What about nachos?"
    "BUT THAT DISQUALIFIES THEM AS NACHOS! What about...(insert another food that can be made without melted cheese)?"
    "But..."
    "Yeah."
    *FACEPALM*

This seriously made me laugh out loud.
  • binary_jester
    Options

"What about nachos?"
    "But..."
    "Yeah."
    *FACEPALM*
    Don't hate me, but I made that same quizzical face of mystification just reading your post. If I knew I wouldn't be arrested, I smother myself in melted cheese and run around like...willy.gif
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE brussel sprouts! And Melted cheese! on everything. really really really everything. i love cheese. i'm greateful that i don't like candy much but i love chocolate.
    i love veggies, and oatmeal is deliciuos.
    i am not too fond of fried foods except there are a few i make exceptions for. (mozzerella sticks and as of late, chicken strips although i never liked them before)
    i do love water!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i dont like sweets at all. i've never had a sweet tooth. when i was a kid i wouldn't even eat my own birthday cake ha ha ha
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise
    Soda

A fellow mayo-hater! I love it!! I wish I could say I don't like soda, because I do loooove my diet soda. I never could drink regular, though; it makes me feel strange and sugary.

Chips on the other hand... and potatoes... oh, my. I have found I don't crave them as much anymore. Have you noticed that about any of your former favorite foods?

Actually, potatoes WERE something I used to love, especially baked with all the toppings. Now, if a potato is offered, my response is, "Meh".
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Atta way! Stay strong!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    i dont like sweets at all. i've never had a sweet tooth. when i was a kid i wouldn't even eat my own birthday cake ha ha ha

WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO HAVE SOMEONE EXTRACT MY DAMN SWEET TOOTH! For chocolate sweets, anyway.