Need to lose around 100 lbs...need buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• ngmh96
    ngmh96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same boat..........trying to loose about 75 pds. This will actually be the 4th time in my life that I've lost approximately 75 pds. I was keeping it off the 3rd time around, until I got pregnant. Now I need to get that baby weight off. My baby is 5 yrs old. :tongue: Just SO READY to get back normal. I used to be concerned about being skinny. Now, I just wanna be HEALTHY for my kids.
  • jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to MFP and would like to friend everyone on this topic. I believe that together we can do this!!!
  • decatur_pepper
    decatur_pepper Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have about 125 pounds to get to my goal weight.

Add me as a friend. New to MFP boards but have been using MFP about 20 days.
  • kimcardall
    Options
    I need to lose 190 to reach my goal weight I'd love so motivational friends. Feel free to add me
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR. I still have around 60 pounds to go so I understand the struggle!
  • jennh2014
    jennh2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started back using the MFP app on January 19....met my 1st goal yesterday! 10 lbs gone...YAY!!! I had lost one pound before starting back on MFP. I have 127 to go to reach my goal......any one who would like to, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MazieChick
    Options
    We could be twins! I'm the same weight and have 100 pounds still to lose. I'll add you.
  • gunshyangel78
    gunshyangel78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have another 140lbs to go. I have sent you a friend request. Would love to have new friends to make this journey more entertaining!

Lou
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey girly! I'm not sure yet where you girls need help or support to get the ball rolling but feel free to ask me any questions and friend me!!! I started my weight loss at 240 pounds and now Im 140 only 5 years later. It was a lot of work, but I also slacked off a lot because I didn't know HOW to eat right and balance meals and it was tough to find workouts to continue my weight loss and get over plateaus. I believe I hit 4 plateaus over the 100 pound loss. If you are interested in learning more and keeping an open mind about weight loss and getting in better health, Id love to help you get started the same way I have, with home workout programs. I absolutely love them, and its what Ive used to drop the past 60 pounds. I never feel like its 'only me working out in front of a TV' because Im part of a HUGE group of men and women on facebook who also do the same programs as me. We share stories and log our workouts, take fun sweaty pics, and exchange recipes. Anyways, if this sounds like something you girls would be interested in, PLEASE message me. I know exactly how tough it is to lose weight alone. When I first started, I didn't have any support, even from family...especially after I lost weight and wanted to continue, most of my family said 'oh youre getting too skinny, don't lose any more weight'....and I was still 200 pounds! Seriously though, Im a here to help you guys with your struggle, even if you don't want to try the home workout thing yet. :) I hope to hear from U guys! Is anyone on facebook too?

-Shannon
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am on the journey to lose 100lbs. I would appreciate some friends along the way.
  • jerry00
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I have cut out all refined foods. I never drank soda pop, but I cut out all bread, pasta, rice, crackers, etc. The bulk of what I eat is now vegetables. I have to do this too. I try to distract myself when I am hungry!
  • thutch40
    thutch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hear ya I would like to lose 80 but I'd be happy to lose enough to hit 100.
  • jerry00
    Options
    One of the things we need to do is to get off the computer. I got rid of Facebook, etc, and it really frees up more time to exercise and prepare food.
  • ne_dixie
    Options
    October 28 I weighed in at 221.1; today I weighed 190.5. I'm feeling really good about
    myself and know that THIS time I can/will make it...we can all make it. The thing that helps me the most
    is letting myself feel good and actually visualizing how I look and how I feel at my ideal weight (127).
  • Mitzikittee
    Mitzikittee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am new to My Fitness Pal too and have lost about 74 pounds so far and hit a major plateau. Now I am seeing a little come off again and it can be so discouraging. I have about 60 more pounds to go and could also use support and to be a friend.:smile:
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I have cut out all refined foods. I never drank soda pop, but I cut out all bread, pasta, rice, crackers, etc. The bulk of what I eat is now vegetables. I have to do this too. I try to distract myself when I am hungry!

What you are doing is EXCELLENT way to jump start your weight loss...even keep going! I remember when I first started I cut out all those carbs and lost 30 pounds in 2 months! :) Even today, when I eat very little carbs, I feel and look much thinner, esp in the tummy area! Way to go Jerry! Youre on the right track!