Major minor victory.

I'm at my folks house for a couple of weeks and they aren't exactly the most health conscious. Last night, my mom brought home two boxes of oreos and I knew it was going to be trouble. I just sat on the couch and mentally debated how bad it would be to open one of the boxes but I know that I wouldn't have been able to have just one and would have wound up binging. I agonized over the decision and decided to make a smoothie out of almond milk, a banana and a little bit of cocoa powder instead. So, like the title implies, it was a major minor victory but for someone with food addiction problems that is trying to overcome emotional eating it was huge.

Have any of you had major minor victories today? Thanks for reading!

Replies

• kerrirob1
    kerrirob1 Posts: 23 Member
    Thats awesome! Well done! :flowerforyou:

Today I stood in the chocolate isle of the supermarket and debated with myself about whether or not buying a pack of mars bars would be a good idea..spent about 10 minutes mulling it over, and then went and bought some celery instead (because I'm weird and like the taste..) :glasses:
  • Great job! I wish I liked celery :)
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Awesome choice, girl. I know how hard it can be and struggle with this all the time!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Well done! I need to learn to do that!