How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• robowolfmega1986
    robowolfmega1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Personally I run 5 days a week, and generally long runs that are between 3 - 9 miles. I would consider a rest day if my body felt taxed. In other words, if your body feels fatigued or physically unwilling to support your mental push to exercise. Pushing a body too hard will increase ligament and muscle tears and increase your percentage of a broken down immune system prone to sickness. However, if all you are doing is easy to moderate exercise, then you should not have a problem as long as you don't get too worn out. Results vary with the person, and I personally need two days off due to heavy workload from my job in addition to the running I do. I walk alot in my job. Does this help at all?
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Personally I run 5 days a week, and generally long runs that are between 3 - 9 miles. I would consider a rest day if my body felt taxed. In other words, if your body feels fatigued or physically unwilling to support your mental push to exercise. Pushing a body too hard will increase ligament and muscle tears and increase your percentage of a broken down immune system prone to sickness. However, if all you are doing is easy to moderate exercise, then you should not have a problem as long as you don't get too worn out. Results vary with the person, and I personally need two days off due to heavy workload from my job in addition to the running I do. I walk alot in my job. Does this help at all?
    Ok yes. I'll typically just do a short jog or long walk on those days I just feel like dying. I'm on my feet walking all day for my job but I don't really feel like that's exercise per say.

You guys definitely made me feel less insane for wanting to get at least a small workout in every day. :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week with one rest day. I workout pretty intensely I'd say. Cardio in the mornings for 1/2 an hour (regular cardio 4 days a week with 2 HIITS a week) then 1/2 an hour of strength training at night with heavy weights. I really try to put my all in and it's easier for me to do that when it's a shorter workout session (no need to pace myself!) I tried skipping my rest day for a while, but for me personally, I didn't see as quick or as good of results. I also try to add an extra 10 minute stretch session at the end of my PM workouts focusing on the areas where I get tight (lower back and hips). I've played around with things to know that I can easily keep up with this schedule and it doesn't wear me out. Maybe you don't feel like you need a full rest day, but maybe an extra long stretching session or something relaxing that keeps you loose. Even on my rest days I'll stretch or do squats during commercials or something! You're not insane. :smile:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week.
  • lavenderbud
    Options
    Hard to believe you're overweight. You look slim from the photograph. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    5-6 days. I took yesterday off due to exhaustion and today due to a weird work schedule, so back to it tomorrow
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    every other day-
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Average about 3-4 days a week. I'm lazy. I do less than this in the winter because I'm demotivated by cold and dark. I do more than that in the spring.
  • Scarlettem86
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week.
    I lift 6 days a week.
    I do cardio about 3 days a week.
    And I push myself as hard as I can every time. There is no point in going to the gym to do a half-assed work out.
    The healthier you eat, the stronger and faster your muscle recover, the less rest days you need. I do think that everyone should take 1 rest day a week though. But if you are training to compete, thats usually a whole different story :-)
  • JazminGowdy
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week, but since I am focusing on maintaining at the moment, my workouts are not too intense.
  • popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do a video program that is 6 days a week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I go six days a week with one full rest day ..technically wednesday is rest as I do not lift, but I do HIIT sprints and ab work for about 45 minutes...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    6 days a week with Sundays off.........
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I currently work out 5 days a week, about half an hour each session. On weekends or days when I don't have work, I bump it up to an hour. Still adjusting to maintenance and getting a feel for things, but thinking maybe I can get away with 4 days a week once I have maintenance firmly down. Definitely not going to go fewer than 3 days a week, though. Rest days are important for me, as my body and my mind need the break.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day. After I pulled my hip flexor last month, I do make sure I take active rest days, like yoga or a non-weight lifting exercise. But I rarely do nothing, unless I'm sick.
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 7 days a week, I lift 5 of these days and do core and cardio work on the other two which i consider to be rest days, also play basketball two times a week so i guess that's cardio aswell. I go as hard as I can on my lifting days unless I have some small aches which feel different from muscle soreness and in that case I might do a deload week on lower weights
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, every day. I love dancing games in my spare time, I definitely work up a sweat but I don't really consider it working out... just healthy fun stuff. I want to start that Zombie Run app thing and start running at night after I get home after work.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    In Month 2 of the Insanity work out so doing very intense 45min work outs 6 days a week.

Looking forward to scaling it down a bit to something less intense or shorter but will probably continue with the 6 days/week.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Usually 6 days a week. I spin 3 times, do a cardio dance class another, run/walk intervals another, lift 3 days (before spin class) and golf 2-3 times (once riding the others walking). The day I have to use a cart for golf is my rest day. But I often take Sunday off completely.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 times a week. I run 5 -6 miles on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Sometimes if I am bored of running, I will do a HITT treadmill workout on Friday. I lift with a trainer on Tuesdays that is pretty intense (weights, supersets, conditioning). Thursdays I have broomball (hockey with boots and a ball). and then swimming on Saturday. I take off on Sunday. I will also either do some weights on Thursday or TRX training in the morning. I change up some workouts so it's not the same every time.