skipping Breakfast?

Options
So I eat breakfast about 3 times a week. (normally a clif bar or oatmeal) will it hurt me in my weight loss to skip the other 4 days? My day doesn't start to around 10 on the other 4 days and i eat lunch around 11 and the 3 days I do eat Breakfast the day starts around 8 for me.

Replies

• laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    No, skipping breakfast is fine. It is your end-intake that matters.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Meal timing does not affect weight loss. As long as you feel okay skipping breakfast and you don't have any other issues afterward, it's perfectly okay not to eat breakfast.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    As long as the overall calories for the day are the same, meal timing doesn't effect weight loss positively or negatively so skipping breakfast won't hurt.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I skip the most important meal of the day also:)
  • kristinc89
    kristinc89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...Do I need to put more calories for lunch or dinners (I'm trying to stay around 1400 and maybe even trying to go to 1200) to make up for skipping?
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah. Your calorie goals for the day should stay the same, you just have more calories for other meals that you used to previously 'spend' on breakfast.
  • ClutteredForest
    Options
    The only reason I would say to have breakfast (and its different for different people) is if it helps you feel more energetic through the day. ^_^ I know when I have a nice breakfast it helps me to feel satisfied and not snack at random times.