It's the time of year again.. GS COOKIES

Options

Replies

• pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies have the nutrition data right on the order sheets and several of their cookies are very diet friendly and a couple are vegan. Enjoy in moderation.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    We have 7 boxes of Thin Mints in the freezer. There will be more. MORE, Damnit!!!! More!!!

Good luck with your diabetes.

What a breath of fresh air. Anything else? Paper cut on boxes and get diabetes?
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    We have 7 boxes of Thin Mints in the freezer. There will be more. MORE, Damnit!!!! More!!!

Good luck with your diabetes.

What a breath of fresh air. Anything else? Paper cut on boxes and get diabetes?

I bet you went outside today.
    Thanks for getting skin cancer that I HAVE TO PAY FOR. /huff

;)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously curious where I flaunted a gluttony of sugar and bragged about people supporting my lifestyle choices. I've read back through, and all I said was "gosh, I love GS cookies, but not really sure if I should have some, and isn't that such a bummer, amirite?"

Maybe it was my picture of the pallets of cases of cookies I have ordered? I don't even really like sweets / cookies all that much (but I do like Samoas), but have two girl scouts in the house.

I don't think you should bother to reason this through -- "refined sugar is evil;" "in the good old days we could pronounce ingredients;" etc. - it is an emotional attachment not a rational argument. When this happens, usually the best response involves GIFs.

0002_zpsc557bcd1.gif
  • Zaftique
    Options
    I'm seriously curious where I flaunted a gluttony of sugar and bragged about people supporting my lifestyle choices. I've read back through, and all I said was "gosh, I love GS cookies, but not really sure if I should have some, and isn't that such a bummer, amirite?"

Maybe it was my picture of the pallets of cases of cookies I have ordered? I don't even really like sweets / cookies all that much (but I do like Samoas), but have two girl scouts in the house.

I don't think you should bother to reason this through -- "refined sugar is evil;" "in the good old days we could pronounce ingredients;" etc. - it is an emotional attachment not a rational argument. When this happens, usually the best response involves GIFs.

0002_zpsc557bcd1.gif

PARTY!!!

tumblr_mpmyywhdql1qkoec9o1_500.gif
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am an excellent baker but I will still down a box of thin mints like it's my job. And, goodness, the negative people in this thread are giving me flashbacks to Debbie Downer on SNL.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options

0002_zpsc557bcd1.gif

Patrick Stewart makes everything better.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    PARTY!!!

tumblr_mpmyywhdql1qkoec9o1_500.gif

tumblr_mpwtdmLIPm1qdlh1io1_250_zps1bede4db.gif
  • Zaftique
    Options
    tumblr_mpwtdmLIPm1qdlh1io1_250_zps1bede4db.gif

vin-diesel-surfboardt.gif

(could I love him more...)
  • Cortelli
    Options

Patrick Stewart makes everything better.

tumblr_muu5rguryz1sj3oxho1_400_zps25b52fd4.gif
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options

0002_zpsc557bcd1.gif

<3 All I' gonna say on that gif

Eh, one of my nice coworkers has a daughter selling them, so I bought 4 boxes? BUT, I can happily say I can control my cookie addiction. I think I still have 1/2 of those break and bakes. Portion and enjoy with coffee :D But I'm not a thin mint fan, I'll take peanut butter over mint any day!

Now the fun part, watching those little ninja girl's get my husband, EVERY time xD
  • Zaftique
    Options
    But I'm not a thin mint fan, I'll take peanut butter over mint any day!

31914808.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options
    ZWd1h6e.gif

happy-forest_zpsc5962378.gif
  • Cortelli
    Options
    im6r0u4.gif

oh-stop-u_zpsa415a8b5.gif
  • Cortelli
    Options
    teH8dqw.gif

tumblr_mh3p8fmoQw1rk22k7o2_500_zps0c760d7d.gif

and:

love_zps730c69e7.gif
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Its been fun. I will be sending you a friend request.

hF0EfAn.gif

wow-cool_zps610bf8d0.gif

Goodnight! :drinker:
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    if the cookies fit into your macros, you should be fine. We humans get energy from just about any food. Besides, I bought four boxes of cookies (2 samoas, 2 thin mints and a tagalong) a week ago- maybe? And I'm only down one box.......

mmmmmmm

I need to buy more :bigsmile:
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Had 3 boxes last week. They gave me the runs. No more for me
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options

31914808.jpg

tumblr_inline_mq4e2bCRpA1qz4rgp.gif
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread made me laugh. It also made me glad I have celiac disease. No GS Crack - I mean cookes - for me. I ordered some from my good friend's daughter for my family, but I wouldn't even be remotely tempted to eat them. Wheat is simply not worth the pain. LBB is our local councils bakery and it doesn't make GF cookies. ABC only makes a chocolate chip shortbread. If you have to put chocolate chips in a GF shortbread cookie, you're doing it wrong, spring for the almond or coconut flour instead of the rice flour and charge me more for the cookies. If you want to put chocolate chips in a GF cookie make them at home -- there are even some good refrigerated doughs now. GS cookies aren't supposed to be chocolate chip. :frown: Talk to me when you have the cranberry macadamia nut in GF...until then, I am off the crack...I mean cookies, cookies.