So Insanely MAD!!!!!!

Options
I have been at the same weight for a month now....I even gained 2 pounds that I had previously lost. I exercise DAILY...I eat at my calorie goal. I have been mixing it up lately, eating right at my maintenence goal for a couple days, then going back down to stay at my calorie intake to lose weight. I'm drowning myself in water (which is nothing new). WHY AM I NOT LOSING ANYTHING!!!!!????? I have plenty more to lose...it's not like I am right at my goal and have like 2 pounds to lose. No..... I have about 20 more to lose. I'm very proud of the people that are my weight that continue to lose week to week, but it is also very frustrating because I'm the same size and am doing what I need to be doing to lose, but nothing is coming off. I'm not losing inches either. I am totally and completely stuck and am about 2 seconds away from saying forget it all becuase if this is as low as I can go, then thats pathetic. I'm mad at my body. That's sad I know, but I am. In my mind I am doing my part, but apparantly my body has other plans. Sorry for venting, but I'm sure a lot of you know this feeling. If you do, please help me get through it!!

Replies

• workoutqueen628
    Options
    Don't give up. Sometimes our bodies are stubborn and it takes them a while to catch up to us...you will lose weight eventually, it is just not gonna happen overnight. Your body is testing your dedication, don't give up, progress will come soon enough!!!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You aren't the only one! Have you tried a day off? No exercise or diet?
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    what type of exercise? Maybe you need something different so your body can go WHAT THE HELL???
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Yes I have. I was hoping that would jump start my metabolism. But it didn't. I forgot to mention that I've lost 20 pounds since the first of September...but have been stuck since the first of November. Nothing in a month
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Yes, please don't give up! The scale will move! It happened for me because I changed scales (my old one was giving me totally different readings one right after the other). I also didn't see a change for 3 weeks.

Are you measuring yourself using measuring tape? You probably lost inches. Inches come off first while working out. I would get some measuring tape and start measuring your waist, hips, arms, thighs, and calves. I did that last night and recorded it in a notebook that I'm keeping all of my results in.

The body is very stubborn. If you have just started eating more healthy, the body could be absorbing all of the nutrients it can to play "catch up." When the body absorbs these nutrients, you will actually see weight gain of water weight that will subside in a few weeks. It can sometimes take 4-6 weeks for the scale to move in a downward direction. You can read more about this phenomenon at this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?hl=eating+700+calories+a+day+and+gaining+weight

I read it and it opened my eyes to so many things about weight loss!

You will reap so many more benefits other than weight loss if you continue to eat healthier and exercise. You will have more energy, better skin, stronger hair and nails, feel happier due to the extra endorphins going through your body and be more mentally alert. You will tone up as well! Please don't give up! I enjoy talking to you on here!
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Haha. I do Zumba classes at the local gym and I Jump rope daily for about 20 minutes. I also do a core toning and strength class.
  • jillbedford
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am about to go the 1,000 calories a day route because that works. Everyone has lots to share on weight loss but the proof is in the pudding. I spend right at 90 minutes a day lifting weights and I run 35 miles a week. I have GAINED 5lbs since I started in September. I was normal weight hoping to lose vanity lbs. Now I am actually OVERWEIGHT.
    I don't want to hear that muscle weighs more than fat.. I have carefully monitored my body fat too and that has gone from normal to overweight too.
    I am sick of this.
    I am past menopause so that is probably my real problem. Missing hormones now. I am an all natural girl. Hate prescriptions. But everything comes with a price.
    On the plus side, I am running my FAT BODY faster than I have ever done. I beat my own personal time record in a 8k race this past Thursday.
    I just revamped my goals and will start again with the lower calorie intake and see if I can't get this 5lbs off and at least be back to where I started.
    Good luck to you. I feel your pain.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    To break through a plateau (which is what it sounds like you are in) try calorie cycling by going to this site:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

There you can enter your information and it will give you a week's worth of calorie goals to aim for that stagger from high cals to low cals. Calorie cycling is supposed to jump start your metabolism and break your body of the plateau. Good luck girl!
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    To break through a plateau (which is what it sounds like you are in) try calorie cycling by going to this site:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

There you can enter your information and it will give you a week's worth of calorie goals to aim for that stagger from high cals to low cals. Calorie cycling is supposed to jump start your metabolism and break your body of the plateau. Good luck girl!

Thanks!! Sounds doable!! I'm gonna try it!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i've been at it since August and have lost no weight nor inches. it sucks!!!!! (((hugs)))
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    20 lbs since September is a lot of weight to have lost! Don't give up! It would be a shame if you undid all the great progress you have made. I don't have any suggestions other than doing some type of totally different exercise (swimming, kickboxing, Bikram Yoga, Pilates, Running Stairs) that will really wake your body up again. Maybe it is stubbornly holding on to fat because you lost so much so quickly.......
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 2-3 months sounds fantastic! Congratulations:))) I agree with smarina that at some point your body is gonna start digging in its heals and either you will have to be patient (easier said than done!) or change everything up. Remember that the ultimate goal is a HEALTHIER body. Yes a nice buttis right up there too. Just don't forget how far youv'e come and that anything worth having is worth working for. Keep going, don't quit!!!!! How much more dissappointing would it be to quit and regain (which is ievitably what happens :() than to find the support and patience you need somehow and power through this! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would double check everything. The settings in mfp. Calories eaten and calories you figure you burned. Do you weigh your food? I don't use measuring cups. I use a digital food scale. I try to be conservative. If it says 18g I count it as 20g. I don't eat all of my exercise calories. I usually eat a lil over half. When I estimate my exercise I might only account for part of the time. This way I am sure I am maintaining my deficit.

I also make sure I don't have any hidden calories. I have not drank alcohol in over a year. I drink no sweetened drinks. I only drink water. Water has zero calories.

I take no days off. no cheat days nothing.

There is a reason why you aren't losing. This method of weight loss is simple. Calories in vs calories out. So you need to find where the issue is. Might be a simple issue with improper food weights,
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    I always measure and weight my food....I NEVER eat all my exercise calories back. I don't drink. I do not drink juices or soft drinks. Why do you think I'm so frustrated?
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been at the same weight for a month now....I even gained 2 pounds that I had previously lost. I exercise DAILY...I eat at my calorie goal. I have been mixing it up lately, eating right at my maintenence goal for a couple days, then going back down to stay at my calorie intake to lose weight. I'm drowning myself in water (which is nothing new). WHY AM I NOT LOSING ANYTHING!!!!!????? I have plenty more to lose...it's not like I am right at my goal and have like 2 pounds to lose. No..... I have about 20 more to lose. I'm very proud of the people that are my weight that continue to lose week to week, but it is also very frustrating because I'm the same size and am doing what I need to be doing to lose, but nothing is coming off. I'm not losing inches either. I am totally and completely stuck and am about 2 seconds away from saying forget it all becuase if this is as low as I can go, then thats pathetic. I'm mad at my body. That's sad I know, but I am. In my mind I am doing my part, but apparantly my body has other plans. Sorry for venting, but I'm sure a lot of you know this feeling. If you do, please help me get through it!!

Increase your calorie deficit and/or increase the intensity of your exercise.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Your body is shifting, building muscle. Just stay the course.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im totally right there with you .... Boom I loss like 7 lbs in 2 weeks and then nothing. Im working my *kitten* off and staying under calories and nothing !!!! and on top of that I gain back 3 lbs Grrrrrrrrrrr Just when u think you have it all figured out BAM life smacks ya upside the head :)
  • lrk93101
    lrk93101 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too, but lasted for months. Everybody thought I must be cheating, but I wasn't. Then I went to a nutritionist who said I was eating too many carbs. I shoot for about 100g/day of carbs now, with the same amount of calories, just upping my protein. I have been steadily losing weight again for the last 6 weeks! I know a calorie is supposed to be a calorie, but I did find some interesting info about this on the internet, and there is definitely some evidence that protein is metabolized differently than carbs. Good luck!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I always measure and weight my food....I NEVER eat all my exercise calories back. I don't drink. I do not drink juices or soft drinks. Why do you think I'm so frustrated?

Just a couple thoughts came to mind.

1. how are you measuring your calorie burn? are you using an HRM? I've found the zumba (high impact aerobic) calculations here can be off +/- at least 200 cals for me in one session. I really rely on my HRM to give me an accurate calorie burn count.

2. Maybe you *need* to eat ALL your exercise calories. I was at a standstill after gaining 2 pounds (grrr). I was NOT cheating. I was exercising. drinking water etc. It wasn't until I started eating ALL my calories that the scale started going down again.