My weightloss has stopped

Options
I have about 30 pounds To lose. I am eating around 1200 kcal a day With the occasional cheat days and I'm working out 2-3 Times a week.

This is My fourth week on This diet plan. Everything started out great, I Lost about 7 pounds the First week. BUT now the past Three weeks... NOTHING. I am soo frustrated. Is This normal? How do i know if i have hypothyroid? I am on the verge of just giving up because This is really hard as it is and I need To see the results.

any advise here?

Replies

• swdabs
    swdabs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    firstly - don't panic.
    you say you have cheat days - how much of a cheat day?
    sometimes the body needs a jolt. vary your exercise. vary your diet and check your salt levels.
    hope it helps.
    either way consistency is the secret of success!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Please give us your stats, they are important.Also it seems you might not be eating enough...Also weight loss comes with patience...You need to focus atleast 3 months to see some changes...Dont lose hope...consistency is the key...you have to stick to this and you can do this...

Maybe you have lost some inches, the first 2-3 weeks is just water loss...you ahve gained pounds over time and you will lose them over time...Dont stress...by quitting you will just harm yourself further...
  • cousa87
    cousa87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm woman in My twenties and I'm 5'6 tall. About 20 lbs overweight...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well 7lbs isn't bad to start with...mind you it was mostly water.

Your diary isn't open so it's hard to be precise.

But generic information

New exercise causes water and glycogen to be stored for muscle repair and it can take appx 3 weeks for that to go away

Do you weigh your intake on a kitchen scale? If not you are probably eating more than you think.

If you are weighing your food 1200 isn't enough to fuel your workouts.

I am around your height and I eat 1700 calories a day and continue to lose weight consistently typically 1/2lb a week.

Keep these measurments in mind not just scale...

Tape measure
    Pics
    BF%